Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
29 May 2017, 08:06 AM

USF needs UKF AT gun.
29 May 2017, 08:36 AM

leave the game as much as possible in the current state.suggestions and ideas, made by non-official teams are never objective, they can only be subjective. thats the case behind all.
29 May 2017, 11:02 AM
Patrion 14

never knew jackson was weak. dont think itll be weak even after this patch.
29 May 2017, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2017, 11:02 AMpigsoup
never knew jackson was weak. dont think itll be weak even after this patch.

Not saying it will be weak (but Mr.Smith does think it is actually), I'm saying it is going to counter all Ost late game which isn't relevant, cuz in that case Ostheer players have the filling their panthers are weak, like today.
29 May 2017, 13:07 PM

You do know we're working on EFA first, right? Furthermore, Take Aim costs 30 munitions.

I do. And yes I know it does. I was just responding to someone who thought it should be free. Do you think it should be free?
29 May 2017, 13:44 PM

I do. And yes I know it does. I was just responding to someone who thought it should be free. Do you think it should be free?

Yes.

Maximum 10 ammo

May be capture territory with Sov Armor should cost some?

Infiltration grenade 15 ammo is OK??

pS Btw i USF AT GUn is a trash - nomatter what take AIm is good for or cost some

USF need PAK or UKF Gun.
29 May 2017, 15:56 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

When Soviet Sniper with his observer? :*(

29 May 2017, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2017, 15:56 PMcapiqua
When Soviet Sniper with his observer? :*(

Its call Spotter !!!
29 May 2017, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2017, 08:03 AMEsxile

How do you make USF atgun more relevant on late game? This is a real question.

On 1vs1 and 2vs2 I already rely a lot on atgun in my games, I think I'm already taking the best from them and I can tell you they are quite powerful when you use them right. The problem is they get OS by anything shooting at them on the late game like any other support weapons. So the only reliable way to make "the rest of the USF AT arsenla" relevant is to make them more durable which is, in my opinion, not really possible unless you decide to use a damage table to nerf any damage they take from any sources.

Mr. Smith has already made comments about changing squad spacing for team weapons which would fix the one shots. For raw performance, maybe a tweak to the AP shell's duration or cost so you're more likely to have it when needed and it would be all good. 'Zooks could probably also use a speed/pen rebalancing and hopefully the M20's cost comes down or REs get mines so they have those as well.

Should I also remember that USF doesn't have stock rocket arty. The way Sov/Ost/OKW can clean an area from support weapons isn't available for USF.

Ideally, that would have been the major's job. He's actually not half bad at it now, but the short range makes it really risky to use. Hopefully he'll get a look at in the future, +5-10 range would be absolutely amazing on his arty.

But I'm interested in how the modders will do, and hope they will success in their entreprise.

For sure, they've done so much for the game. If it weren't for them, I doubt I'd be playing now. A big thanks to you guys!
29 May 2017, 17:11 PM

Tried out the new B4 again. Seems fine to me except for one thing, the dam thing takes far too long to fire its second shot (about 8-10 seconds). No sane player will ever keep their units within the area. If it delt full 640 damages, yeah k but now it deals only half original damage, its just to long. Make around 5-6 seconds (just shorter than it is atm).

i agree with that 100, the second shell is kinda pointless becuz the fast that it takes way to long. and after first shell ppl are going to know that u are shelling the units in that area and move. i think 5 sec wait would be perfect, to counter the nerf of its dmg so it can still harrass vehicles. right now its only really good for static units. i hit a stug direct shot and it was still standing. but things like sturmtiger punish the hell out of every tank with ultimate accuracy. i think if each shell was high dmg around 500. the long wait for second shot would be fine but thats not the case
29 May 2017, 17:25 PM

Mr. Smith has already made comments about changing squad spacing for team weapons which would fix the one shots. For raw performance, maybe a tweak to the AP shell's duration or cost so you're more likely to have it when needed and it would be all good. 'Zooks could probably also use a speed/pen rebalancing and hopefully the M20's cost comes down or REs get mines so they have those as well.

Ideally, that would have been the major's job. He's actually not half bad at it now, but the short range makes it really risky to use. Hopefully he'll get a look at in the future, +5-10 range would be absolutely amazing on his arty.

For sure, they've done so much for the game. If it weren't for them, I doubt I'd be playing now. A big thanks to you guys!

If there is anything sure is we don't want more powerful zook. I don't know how ATgun crew can have more space between them, I can surely see more space is needed and possible for the Raketen and how sometime for HMG squad are clumpy behind cover, but atgun crew not.
29 May 2017, 17:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2017, 17:25 PMEsxile

If there is anything sure is we don't want more powerful zook. I don't know how ATgun crew can have more space between them, I can surely see more space is needed and possible for the Raketen and how sometime for HMG squad are clumpy behind cover, but atgun crew not.

If it were one zook per squad it probably be fine.

Also, any chance you guys could take a look at the Soviet Tank Hunter 'nade volley when you do another pass on doctrines? If its scatter were tightened up, throwing time increased a little, damage reduced to 60 and made into a skillshot it would probably be pretty good, but would likely need target-table changes to prevent it from being used against garrisons and infantry.
29 May 2017, 17:47 PM

btw MODS, one huge problem that ive noticed is that ostwinds and other axis tanks have very high accuracy to shoot planes down while moving, can u please take a look at that plz. especially ostwind. it will be better if it had to stop moving to actually hit planes becuz currently they can dodge things like p47 while shoot them down in just a few secs. axis dont really need to buy anti air becuz most of their tanks get anti air guns mgs. what if u split the upgrade in 2 types. one for inf one for anti air. recon and other allies planes stand no chance 80% of time. only thing allies have to kill planes is m5 + upgrade and usa AAht, while axis has tanks mgs base defense antiair flak hq,flak hts and ostwinds. the okw base defense is supposed to deter early base rushes so why does it have anti air ability anyways.
29 May 2017, 17:56 PM

IMHO for AA each side must have special unit. And every side have that. I think it woul be good delete all AA abilities from other units. I think it could give good strategic deep. You can counter any air abilities with your AA unit. For OKW Flacktrack will be good if it can shooting from move as other AA units.
SU- M5 with quads
OST - OStwind
OKW - Flacktrack
USF - AAHT
UKF - Centaur
29 May 2017, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2017, 17:56 PMMaret
IMHO for AA each side must have special unit. And every side have that. I think it woul be good delete all AA abilities from other units. I think it could give good strategic deep. You can counter any air abilities with your AA unit. For OKW Flacktrack will be good if it can shooting from move as other AA units.
SU- M5 with quads
OST - OStwind
OKW - Flacktrack
USF - AAHT
UKF - Centaur

to me these units should be the only real ANTI AIR, other then that bofors,flak hq and okw flak defences that sturm build and thats it
29 May 2017, 18:35 PM

Throwing this in after balance team calls twp a no brainer. I guess it could be free if it gets half dmg lol

Well, it has around 130 pen at range, so it somewhat already does half damage.

Popcap fixing goes both ways.

In one way, you have popcap abuse. This is only a factor when USF is still in the game by the late-game (rarely).

The other side of the coin is that you have a lot of garbage units that take up more than a quarter of your popcap, without you noticing. Fancy seeing how much popcap officers/ambulance/AAHT/pak howitzers/scotts take for what they give in return for their performance?

This clogs up your popcap and eats your manpower.

No argument, but would like to know how you'd go about fixing popcap abuse.
29 May 2017, 18:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2017, 18:35 PMGrumpy

Well, it has around 130 pen at range, so it somewhat already does half damage.

No argument, but would like to know how you'd go about fixing popcap abuse.

imo the pop cap things isnt really a problem with certain units. one unit i see its a proble with is priest, firing shells then get out. other then that i think its all fair game, its supposed to be like that, peterQ used to talk about using that as a strategy becuz USA uses so much MP becuz all the infantry they get plus all the units cost more mp cuz of it, if u take it away u have to do a major change to all the units reinforce cost and base mp cost
29 May 2017, 19:31 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

The beloved Brummbar has a high speed, to be a tank dedicated to hit the ground. Compared with other Soviet tanks or other non-EFA factions. Although it can be hunted by medium tanks, it is still the fastest tank in its role with a high armor front and back. I suggest down a few decimals their speed_max. This will lower the reliance of putting brummnbar in first line.
29 May 2017, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2017, 19:31 PMcapiqua

The beloved Brummbar has a high speed, to be a tank dedicated to hit the ground. Compared with other Soviet tanks or other non-EFA factions. Although it can be hunted by medium tanks, it is still the fastest tank in its role with a high armor front and back. I suggest down a few decimals their speed_max. This will lower the reliance of putting brummnbar in first line.

for the amount of mp drain it puts on the enemy this is reasonable
29 May 2017, 22:04 PM
Patrion 310

I feel like the Brumbar is too durable for something which can 1 shot squads with relative ease. Its difficult to kill them. I think I would suggest dropping frontal armour to 200 or 220 and take it from there.
PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS