Login

russian armor

How to counter this 2v2 double OKW meta?

17 May 2017, 14:07 PM

After reading this Thread I am fairly happy that there are still people at relic who need to approve the changes all allied fanbois want to implement in this game.

Yeah. Thinking the same.
17 May 2017, 14:11 PM

stuka is one of the last tools which OKW have against blobbers and support weopans spamers....and this spamers players growned up since volks was nerfed...

comon...since brits released which shredd german infantery in sec ...thanks to double brens / mgs on them...since comets are on of the best tanks in game...since fireflys shredd german heay tanks in secounds...noone should say allies are weak.

they need much less skill, less micor, are more spammer friendly

17 May 2017, 14:13 PM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2017, 13:20 PMAntaria

And you CAN predict where troops go, because there are only certain areas they can go depending on the situation and map, and the flare that lasts 10 seconds gives you all the information you need to get a good shot off. And you can just drive the stuka all the way back to base, although this problem exists for calliope as well. IMO all mobile arty pieces should be 1-2 shots.

That's a map issue then, not OKW only.

Obvious counters that render double-stukas near useless? Don´t blob. Don´t spam support weapons.Stukas cant do anything against mobile infantry and tanks. 200 Fuel spend on in-effective arty isn´t going to win you anything.

Recon flares can easily be countered by moving your units once you see it.

I don´t see how double-stukas is some kind of uncounterable strat...And all the other things are just normal OKW builds.

TL;DR: above average IQ, above average APM and not spamming buildings like certain chiness players do.
17 May 2017, 14:30 PM

17 May 2017, 14:41 PM

Mortar Pit isn't OP at all its just devolves the game to a point where its not fun. Bad mechanics don't equate to bad balance, losing to emplacements as OKW is impossible if you get two Leigs

If you lose in AT as double OKW you played worse and deserve to lose

BUFF BRITS, The Land of Hope and Glory. God Save the Queen #brexit
17 May 2017, 14:47 PM

Banned
imo they should make 3 sides in coh2, allies, axis and brits. :)
17 May 2017, 15:08 PM

That's a map issue then, not OKW only.

It is an OKW issue because they're the only ones with non-doctrinal arty that lands in a straight line with wiping potential. Any other arty can fire at max range but with accuracy penalties.
17 May 2017, 15:55 PM

Since you posted this in the gameplay section, I doubt you did this to gather advice; else you should have posted this in the state office.

From my part, all I can say is that the following inconsistencies/bugs make the situation vs OKW even more desperate than what it needs to be:
- Infiltration nades costing 15 MU; on the most spammable unit. That allows you to stockpile munitions to use for..
- 60MU uncounterable, warning-free, Artillery flare. This is in the same game where EFA has to pay 80MU for AA-fodder plane
- USF/Soviet AT weapons suffering from a -40% movement penalty when crossing craters (which is what the Stukas will spawn)
- Walking stuka not suffering from the usual scatter when firing into the fog of war, unlike every other artillery piece in the game (yeah it still suffers a +25% modifier. However +25% of 0 is still 0)
- Walking stuka being pinpoint accurate regardless of range, unlike other artillery pieces (this makes those 320HP even more annoying since it can fire from max range).
- ISGs being able to use the barrage bug to double-tap
- ISG barrage bulletins making it possible for ISGs to barrage at insane-ranges non-stop
- ISG max scatter capping far too early. This means you don't get the usual quadratic penalties other indirect fire pieces get when firing further; you only get linear penalties
- Vet5 for the lulz

Finally, above all is the relative micro requirements to use any of the above abilities compared to the micro requirements counterparts the opponent has to constantly invest to dodge those units/abilities.

Thank you for your detailed reply. At least Im not the only one who thinks like that

After reading this Thread I am fairly happy that there are still people at relic who need to approve the changes all allied fanbois want to implement in this game.

You are a mediocre 1v1 player, what do you want in this 2v2 thread? :snfPeter:

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2017, 14:02 PMCon!
pressure him early with light vechiles if he goes double stuka and med truck then he has no real way to deal with them other then rektens which are slow and imobile you should easily have most of the map. From there get weapons upgrades on inf and don't build support weapons or few of them. bar riflemen and bren tommies own volks and light vechiles force him to play tight and lose map giving you more fuel to spam tanks and overwhelm him later or simply contain him. On lots of maps shouldn't be hard to get 2vps with the occasional triple cap. (I know it doesn't show but used to be #1 2v2 at with allies and axis at one point)

Thanks for your advice and yes this would work pretty well I think IF 2v2 was being played like 1v1 + 1v1, but unfortunately this is kinda nullified once both OKW opponents play together, and focus ~50% of the map including a fuel depot :(
17 May 2017, 16:06 PM

May I ask what allied faction do you prefer to play in 2s? As USF, Soviets, and Brits all have their own ways to counter with their own difficulties as well.
17 May 2017, 16:18 PM

May I ask what allied faction do you prefer to play in 2s? As USF, Soviets, and Brits all have their own ways to counter with their own difficulties as well.

I usually play 2v2 AT only, and the only faction mix I did not try yet was double brit. <-- but in my eyes that can never work cos double stationary UKF seems like heaven for ISG spam and stuka for me.

I think Sov/UKF and Sov/USF worked best so far, but it usually fails once the OKW heavy tanks hit the field because double stuka keeps destroying the AT guns the moment the heavy tanks attack.

Even if you play aggressive and have a very good early game, pushing 1 or even both OKW players back --> they just focus together one side, dig in with the help of med HQ and wait for indirect fire cancer to do the job, either to take the majority of the map back or just to give them enough time until heavy tanks are on the field. Sometimes it feels like OKW just needs to sit and wait until KT/JT, Panther and all that stuff is on the field.

The only viable counter vs double stuka so far was getting Calliope or Katyusha.. but 1.) these units hit the field much later than stuka, and 2.) then you lack Tank destroyers.

Good players will never let you destroy stuka with things like cromwell or T34, even if you use war speed and that stuff
17 May 2017, 16:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Best counter to double 2v2 OKW meta:

Before you search a game, switch to OKW with your partner and enjoy the "free" wins you can get in the current patch :P

We have the same "numbers" as the old allied 2v2+ dominance before the nerfs to light vehicles meta, SU cheese, normalised Rifles and UKF comet spam and offmap madness. This was meant to happen if OKW was out of scope.

You have 2 options: ban all urban/close quarter maps if you are not in the mood to play artyfest spam (UKF emplacement style, CalliOP/LM/Howitzer on late game). Play aggressively and take risks once you have the edge. END the game and go for triple caps. At late stage of the game, even at even popcap armies, you won't stand a chance against vetted tanks or super heavies.
17 May 2017, 17:09 PM

wow people are over-hyping OKW so much lool. If thers actually people going double stuka just rush him. If you see the flares then that means you pretty much know the stuka is coming and even after that, the sound of the stuka is so loud. Struggling against volks? spend munitions on ur inf as duel wielding tommies and rifelmen rip volks to shreds. (only soviets are fked here lol)

Reading what smith wrote well guess we know now this guy is guna nerf OKW to the ground left, right and centre even if the whole communities disagrees with him.

OKW are powerful under certain circumstances and have weaknesses too, just cuz they have strength in some areas dont mean you have to nerf them
17 May 2017, 17:12 PM

Thank you for your detailed reply. At least Im not the only one who thinks like that

You are a mediocre 1v1 player, what do you want in this 2v2 thread? :snfPeter:

Thanks for your advice and yes this would work pretty well I think IF 2v2 was being played like 1v1 + 1v1, but unfortunately this is kinda nullified once both OKW opponents play together, and focus ~50% of the map including a fuel depot :(

Actually I played most of my games on 2v2 AT;so maybe you should l2p try and use Dhsks or other MGs to counter the evil, evil volx Spam:D:D:D
17 May 2017, 17:48 PM

Stuka should be 133 fuel after the removal of fuel penalty.However it still cost 100 fuel only, so it is greatly buffed and become more spammable. This unit has been very op and arrive in a unresonable timing which cant be explained. But obviously people with vested interests will always choose to ignore their own advantages and try to derail the topic into l2p issue.
17 May 2017, 17:50 PM

Actually I played most of my games on 2v2 AT;so maybe you should l2p try and use Dhsks or other MGs to counter the evil, evil volx Spam:D:D:D

Use dshk(free vet for stuka) to counter volks spam? Nice strategy
17 May 2017, 17:54 PM

stuka is one of the last tools which OKW have against blobbers and support weopans spamers....and this spamers players growned up since volks was nerfed...

comon...since brits released which shredd german infantery in sec ...thanks to double brens / mgs on them...since comets are on of the best tanks in game...since fireflys shredd german heay tanks in secounds...noone should say allies are weak.

they need much less skill, less micor, are more spammer friendly

Where is the last tool for USF to against blobbers and support weopans after a stuka is on the field? Mg? Pack howitzer?Those are free vet for stuka. Dont tell me priest or Calliope, being forced to one to two commander due to a non doctrinal unit from opponent, do you still think this game is well designed and balanced?
17 May 2017, 17:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2017, 17:09 PMAlphrum
wow people are over-hyping OKW so much lool.

Last year: teamgames allies are so OP due to early game dominance into stupid late game Brits. Result: +15% difference on WL between allies/Axis.

Nowadays: the exact same values but on the opposite direction.

This numbers always comes with some inflation values due to people playing what's the "easiest" is on the meta (path of least resistance).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★