Login

russian armor

KingTiger + JagdTiger = Limited to only one like ACE

15 May 2017, 17:59 PM

title, what do you think?

Perhaps in 1v1 games this is not an issues but the pay to win army "OKW" is already a pain in the butt with the OP infantry which has access to all abilities (Insta anti inf incendiary grenade and MP44 upgrade for cheap price + vet 5 + Disabling Faust shots which is cheaper than other faction + Auto heal on high veterancy + 5 men squad) So there is no point in them being able to send multiple king tigers and jagdtigers. They should be like TigerAce, once deployed it is only 1 and if it is dead then it is dead forever.

Jagdtiger is a serious game changer with heavy damage and super armor which allies tanks need to be sacrificed a lot in different direction of flanks to kill it and once its dead OKW sends in another one because with allies you can't focus on everything at same time in team games.
15 May 2017, 18:48 PM
Donator 11

both king tiger and jagdtiger aren't exactly spammamble at 2xx fuel

therefore there is nothing wrong with rewarding player that is able to get enough fuel to get two imo
15 May 2017, 20:37 PM

Try playing more than 12 games as OKW and your opinion will probably change- OKW is stronger now after last patch but its hardly Pay To Win. Conversely try asking strategists about ways to play vs. OKW - if a player fields more than one KT or JT then that usually means ALL or most of their fuel went towards those two tanks and you didn't capitalize on the time leading up to that when they had no tanks.
15 May 2017, 21:01 PM

if OKW were pay to win then standalone player can call EFA pay to win faction too:hansGASM:

and fear not those heavy tank going to get fix soon no matter if some problem was map design itself. give your idea here

https://www.coh2.org/topic/61106/teamgame-dominant-meta
16 May 2017, 15:43 PM

I dont think this is much of an issue, since on almost on maps, you are already screwed if they get the jagdtiger, so the Kingtiger going with it doesnt really matter that much
16 May 2017, 16:09 PM

Sure, limit the IS2 to one too!
16 May 2017, 21:35 PM

Honest question:
What's with the fkn hate against OKW/OST of late?

Every second post is OP this and Nerf that...

There are reasons why those tools are most often used: everything else in the arsenal is partly functional or broken.

OP, if your enemy has time to send in a second Jagh, you have lost the match already.
Therefore, control most of the fuel, and you will deny them that.
16 May 2017, 21:51 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Honest question:

There are reasons why those tools are most often used: everything else in the arsenal is partly functional or broken.

OP, if your enemy has time to send in a second Jagh, you have lost the match already.

Comparitivly to previous patches, this is probably the most balanced patch for 1v1s at least. Teamgames is where a lot of the hate of the axis is coming from and rightfully so as the axis generally have much stronger lategame. Previously the allies were able to deal with the axis lategame with things like the landmattress, arty cover, comet spam, but now they've been balanced on a 1v1 standpoint. The allies only have a few things left to actually win against axis panther spam, KTs, JTs Obersoldaten etc. A large part of the problem is that the OKW have evaded nerfs for the last 2 patches, and has left them hilariously overpowered in teamgames, while all allied factions received significant nerfs/reworks. Ostheer isn't that bad at least in comparison to OKW, the elephant MIGHT need a few changes, stuka dive bomb and ju-87 strafe need nerfs, and StuG efficiency needs to be lowered. For the most part though they're pretty balanced.

As far as the OP goes, I disagree with that nerf. The JT alone needs a nerf and that much is clear, 525 armor could be lowered to 450 or soemthing based on price/movement etc. However the KT isn't exactly much of a problem. It will hit at least 1 model with 80% of its shot yes, but with the power of FFs and SU-85s it's nothing more than free vet and repair time for sturms. Axis heavies are a lot of times map dependant, and that's a map issue. The KT not so much but the map does effect its performance and the allies ability to flank/kite. Why I'm against the limit of only 1 JT/KT called in per match per player is the because the allied tank destroyers are so powerful. Tulip rockets are fantastic against heavies, unfortunatly they're receiving imo an undeserved nerf of their stun. I think the nerf is needed against mediums, but I believe it will feel underwhelming against heavies.
16 May 2017, 23:14 PM

Honest question:

Because allies got nerfed with almost no reciprocation.

@ OP I think it would be good to implement this. Nothing worse than killing a kt or very rarely a JT then watching another one coming in literally right after the first explodes. They are the toughest, hardest hitting tanks in their classes so it should be punishing to lose one. Even though they are not exactly spammable, we all have those team games where they go over an hour and everyone (especially okw because of heavies) has a shit ton of fuel, especially with caches everywhere.
16 May 2017, 23:19 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Every faction has super tanks. Kinda biased to say just limit them for OKW don't ya think?
16 May 2017, 23:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2017, 23:19 PMBudwise
Every faction has super tanks. Kinda biased to say just limit them for OKW don't ya think?

Good point. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to limit all heavies to one and one only. I can't think of any exceptions, even Pershing should probably have that too. I feel like a dick when I call one in while staring at the first one blowing up lol.
17 May 2017, 00:28 AM
Donator 11

Okw is the only coh2 faction ever to be sold for 1$. They might be OP, but they sure as hell are not P2W.
17 May 2017, 02:06 AM

Because allies got nerfed with almost no reciprocation.

@ OP I think it would be good to implement this. Nothing worse than killing a kt or very rarely a JT then watching another one coming in literally right after the first explodes. They are the toughest, hardest hitting tanks in their classes so it should be punishing to lose one. Even though they are not exactly spammable, we all have those team games where they go over an hour and everyone (especially okw because of heavies) has a shit ton of fuel, especially with caches everywhere.

But why not limiting all heavies to only one? What about the IS2, ISU or the Pershing? I hope you do realize that 280 fuel is a lot of fuel (no caches and stuff) and usually means just having a single tank on the field. With Fireflies, T34 spam, general allied tank destroyers the allies definetly have the tools to get rid of a single tank. And the allied nerf was justified, I almost felt dirty after winning with Brits. Ofc there is also Axis cheese, but its different than allied cheese in the sense that you at least have a chance to avoid it unlike demos, arty cover, land mattress or Calliope wipes...
17 May 2017, 02:08 AM

There is a lot of hyperbole in your post OP. If you are having trouble defeating strategies feel free to post a replay.

Although in some team game formats KT and JT are a pain, there should never come a time in 1v1 or 2v2 where this either happens (1v1) or is unmanageable (2v2).

Referencing vet 5 infantry, especially because it sounds like you are referring to volks, as some sort of power unit is incorrect, except in the case of vet 5 obers.
17 May 2017, 02:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2017, 23:19 PMBudwise

Especially when you consider that the KT is the only heavy tank that actually is hidden behind tech unlike JT, Tiger, Croc, Pershing, IS and ISU...
nee
17 May 2017, 02:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2017, 02:06 AMGarrett

But why not limiting all heavies to only one? What about the IS2, ISU or the Pershing?
To be fair, OKW gets the limit only because they're the only faction with non-doctrinal heavy tank.

British Churchill doesn't really count, given what it is.

Personally I find it hard enough to get one of each vehicle at all; either you never get the fuel for both, or the game ends before you can use the second one called in.
17 May 2017, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2017, 02:28 AMnee
To be fair, OKW gets the limit only because they're the only faction with non-doctrinal heavy tank.

British Churchill doesn't really count, given what it is.

Personally I find it hard enough to get one of each vehicle at all; either you never get the fuel for both, or the game ends before you can use the second one called in.

Its true, but the KT is the only heavy hidden behind tech... something that many people in the forum always complained about. If you go for a KT, you wont have much else. And since the OKW T4 is not too hard to destroy in late game, OKW would stand there with pants down once T4 gets destroyed - good luck fighting Comets with Raketen and Volks...
nee
17 May 2017, 14:20 PM

Churchill is also behind tech...though it's negated by not having a limit, and a range of other benefits. Also, Comet.

If Sturmtiger is too powerful for its cost you merely up the cost or adjust it's effectiveness. Hell that's been the other steady thing about OKW nerf. Dumbest thing to do is limit it and make it exclusive with KT. That's just limiting strategic options more than resource constraints, and actually justify making the Sturmtiger more powerful. It is also lazy.
17 May 2017, 15:02 PM

Okw is the only coh2 faction ever to be sold for 1$. They might be OP, but they sure as hell are not P2W.

Best comment I've ever seen on this website.
17 May 2017, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2017, 02:06 AMGarrett

But why not limiting all heavies to only one? What about the IS2, ISU or the Pershing? I hope you do realize that 280 fuel is a lot of fuel (no caches and stuff) and usually means just having a single tank on the field. With Fireflies, T34 spam, general allied tank destroyers the allies definetly have the tools to get rid of a single tank. And the allied nerf was justified, I almost felt dirty after winning with Brits. Ofc there is also Axis cheese, but its different than allied cheese in the sense that you at least have a chance to avoid it unlike demos, arty cover, land mattress or Calliope wipes...

That's what I added in a later post, just didn't clarify it in my first. Especially considering heavies have no build time, they are almost not worth killing in extremely long, pitched battles (I'm talking like 50+ minutes with decent players who don't lose everything left and right). I mean sure fireflies and all that, but all the kt had to do is reverse, especially if tulips get nerfed. Then they just get sanic repaired by 1-2 sturmpios and the mech hq faster than I repair two jacksons. This is also a thing with other factions, but again okw is a bit of an exception (when is it not) because its heavy is non doctrinal and sturmpios repair wayyyy faster than other engineers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight