Login

russian armor

Is there any logical explanation to 5 pop cap of Major?

6 May 2017, 13:51 PM

Is there any logical explanation to 5 pop cap of Major?
Why USF should pay 4 for ambulance and 5 for major?

9 pop cap can be use better
6 May 2017, 13:54 PM

If you have pop cap problem with USF remove crew for vehicles..
6 May 2017, 14:19 PM

There's a ton of over-pop-costed units for USF. You're supposed to make up for that with USF popcap abuse.

Once we're allowed to fix USF popcap abuse, we can also strip down both Major/Ambulance and remove popcap values from both units.
6 May 2017, 14:21 PM

I dont understand. Why should the major cost 0 popcap? It is still a unit that moves around, call in stuff and can cap points? Lots of good stuff.
6 May 2017, 14:23 PM

Meanwhile Pfusies still 6.
6 May 2017, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2017, 14:21 PMNano
I dont understand. Why should the major cost 0 popcap? It is still a unit that moves around, call in stuff and can cap points? Lots of good stuff.

Yeah I rather not have the LT, CPT or Major and just field other units. These units are a manpower sink in the late game and even when you don't reinforce them, they still drain mp income. Silly design if you ask me.

Even if I don't want them, they still show up and drain my mp FeelsBadMan :foreveralone:
6 May 2017, 21:10 PM

Yeah I rather not have the LT, CPT or Major and just field other units. These units are a manpower sink in the late game and even when you don't reinforce them, they still drain mp income. Silly design if you ask me.

Even if I don't want them, they still show up and drain my mp FeelsBadMan :foreveralone:

Sometimes I really wish I could use that space for other units late game, like paras or rangers or team weapons. Capiqua made an interesting thread suggesting removing the free officers and in exchange, teching is cheaper or faster or something in order to get access to other options faster. All other factions really have access to a wider variety of units very early, so I would say that it's worth discussing.
6 May 2017, 21:33 PM

Meanwhile Pfusies still 6.

+1
6 May 2017, 21:36 PM

I still think each of these units should have a pop cap just a little bit lower. Major still has utility, can cap call down arty etc, and ambulance can be used as Half-track for reinforcing and healing on the front so it also needs a popcap. I'd reduce but not eliminate their popcap
6 May 2017, 21:41 PM

Personally I'm in favor of removing crew/decrew ability for the USF. I would rather buff echelon repair speeds such as that of the OKW.

It will reward for wiping rear echelons
It will reward for preserving rear echelons
It will stop popcap abuse

6 May 2017, 22:28 PM

Major should have pop cap due to his excellent utility abilities but he is due for a reduction.
6 May 2017, 23:33 PM
Donator 11

I don't get why you people don't like having these units on the field. Major is an obvious one since it gives FRP. With vet it can also be used to block cutoff capture. The other 2 are also amazing late game thanks to the passive sprint. You don't get that ability on any non-officer usf squad.
7 May 2017, 00:07 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Personally I'm in favor of removing crew/decrew ability for the USF. I would rather buff echelon repair speeds such as that of the OKW.

It will reward for wiping rear echelons
It will reward for preserving rear echelons
It will stop popcap abuse

vehicle decrewing is an integral component to how USF works, and popcap exploits are fixable
7 May 2017, 00:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2017, 00:07 AMwouren

vehicle decrewing is an integral component to how USF works, and popcap exploits are fixable

To add on that Vehicle crews make USF the unique way it is and where would the critical repair go? RE could have a slight to moderate repair nerf.
7 May 2017, 02:10 AM

I don't get why you people don't like having these units on the field. Major is an obvious one since it gives FRP. With vet it can also be used to block cutoff capture. The other 2 are also amazing late game thanks to the passive sprint. You don't get that ability on any non-officer usf squad.

Well, major is amazing but the other two basically limit usf to the classic old riflespam everywhere, as they are basically rifle squads but cannot take the place of rifles in a build order without sacrificing the early game advantage usf has, which is basically suicide. Long story short, makes usf that much less flexible. As units, they are very good.
7 May 2017, 02:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2017, 00:07 AMwouren

It's not like a faction overhaul isn't possible, just because it's the way it is now doesn't make it right or okay or vonurable for change

I think the changes I say are possible and simple, and something can be compensated in return as I said buff rep rate for echelons, give USF vehicles ability to capture points such that as soviets, or have them self repair such as that of soviets where a crew doesn't exit the vehicle. But the vehicle is immobile for the duration etc etc
7 May 2017, 03:57 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

It's not like a faction overhaul isn't possible, just because it's the way it is now doesn't make it right or okay or vonurable for change

It would be another step in the direction of faction homogenization to solve a problem that doesn't exist.
7 May 2017, 08:44 AM

Permanently Banned

Can you write in what maps he can block cutoffs at 1v1 ?
7 May 2017, 10:21 AM

I think the changes I say are possible and simple, and something can be compensated in return as I said buff rep rate for echelons, give USF vehicles ability to capture points such that as soviets, or have them self repair such as that of soviets where a crew doesn't exit the vehicle. But the vehicle is immobile for the duration etc etc

How works the M20 in your change? How works the critical repair?
7 May 2017, 11:12 AM
Donator 11

Can you write in what maps he can block cutoffs at 1v1 ?

Basically any map that has long cutoff sector or buildings in such sector. For example in minsk pocket you can hide it behind shotblockers and your opponent won't be able to capture one of the cutoffs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★