Login

russian armor

Teamgame dominant meta

PAGES (31)down
4 May 2017, 10:23 AM

as someone who get to the top 50 in 3v3 4v4 within a week after went back from 1v1 2v2 im gonna said ladder system in teamgame is pudding:hansWUT:
4 May 2017, 10:29 AM

About the Calliope, I think it needs some delay between firing and impact, so that you have a chance to evade the rockets at least. If you hear it shooting it is usually too late already (Pwerfer and Stukas on the other hand are not so hard to dodge in comparison). While in theory you can (and must) go pretty close with a werfer, the calliope can do the same with lesser risk thanks to its decent armour and on short range there is literally no chance to evade a barrage usually resulting in the death of at least one squad. I really liked how the changes to the land mattress were implemented, now you have time to react without the mattress losing its area denial ability. Something similiar should be done to the Calli, it should remain useful but not a on-click wipe no-brainer.
4 May 2017, 10:49 AM

Stop distorting what I say.

The reason why the other Railway Artillery commanders are subpar is not because they are unviable. It's because some of the other commanders are completely OP (notably those with Stuka Dive and JU87 CAS)

If you can chose between an OP off-map with a mobile Elefant, why would you ever pick a balanced Railway Arty with an immobile arty-fodder Pak43?

So I actually can get an answer for once. And I could accuse you of the same thing, if you had read my entire post you would have gotten exactly the answer to your question.

And yes, those other commanders are unviable, just as the chosen commanders are OP - it is a mixture of those two things, not a single issue problem.
4 May 2017, 12:03 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

4 May 2017, 12:21 PM

Some thougts:
- Turn Binos into an ability that has to be toggled on and off.
- Reduce damage, rof and range (60-65) of heavy tank destroyers.
- Buff pen of allied TD while normalizing dmg to 160.
- Tulips no longer stun anything that's not a heavy.
- Nerf Stuka bomb.
- Aura buffs and mark target only apply to own units.
- Remove OKW benefitting from caches.
- heavy artillery can cause criticals on heavies (wound loader etc.)
- give jacksons more health
- don't let Raketen move while concealed
- Nerf auto attack range of Mortar Pitt and Leig
4 May 2017, 12:27 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

IMO to Rakete should block retreat in camo.

Edit: In team games if you see 2 or 3 together... the opponent press retreat and saves them
4 May 2017, 12:44 PM

If you nerf Calliope, you may as well remove USF from team games since they are so weak late game. You need the calliope to clear inf around heavy tanks so your paper tanks and nerf gun inf can move in and flank. Or like RedT3rror said: Give Jacksons way more health. They are pretty much moving 1-shot AT guns without heavy support. Everything in the game kills a Jackson in two hits.
4 May 2017, 13:21 PM

About the Calliope, I think it needs some delay between firing and impact, so that you have a chance to evade the rockets at least.
This is a good idea - At least from a 1v1 (and to some extent a 2v2) perspective you'll often see Calliopes being used as a point blank squad wiper that is hard to dodge. Nerfing the Armor and HP is one way to discourage this but I think if you change the angle of the shot to something closer to the Panzerwerfer - which shoots up and the rockets fall down then the other player has more time to react. Right now the trajectory of the barrage for the Calliope is low enough that the travel time is pretty fast.
4 May 2017, 13:56 PM
Donator 11

Some thougts:
- Turn Binos into an ability that has to be toggled on and off.
- Buff pen of allied TD while normalizing dmg to 160.
- Tulips no longer stun anything that's not a heavy.
- Nerf Stuka bomb.
- Aura buffs and mark target only apply to own units.
- Remove OKW benefitting from caches.
- heavy artillery can cause criticals on heavies (wound loader etc.)
- don't let Raketen move while concealed
- Nerf auto attack range of Mortar Pitt and Leig

Like all of this particularly the things not brought up yet in this thread like raketen change and artillery crits on heavies and (with some caution) okw not getting fuel cache benefits although other suggestions like increasing cache cost (for big game modes only?) are also attractive
4 May 2017, 14:02 PM

My dream would be to have a clic button to queue to either normal or beta automatch or both.(Button adjacent to the big automatch one)

So we would have better testing for the tuning patch without splitting the community and still having low wait time.

Just a dream.
4 May 2017, 14:13 PM

Man, stay cool, i beg you to stop to destroy this game patch after patch.
Balance is shit because you are modifying all statistics and you are listening people who are thinking blob is strong, walking stuka is OP, okw infantery has need to carry zooks, or funny things like that...

4 vs 4 or 3 vs 3 are not the reference, they are populated by ragequiters, random players with different skills, pre-made or not pre-made team, it's a matchmaking issues.
The only thing that matters is the balance of 1 vs 1, because this is where the metagame is made. This is where we find the best players most able to understand the game.

This game is now boring, all light vehicules had been destroyed, all strong timing had been fucked for all faction. Some major problems were not dps issues but just timing issue about unit cost.
I prefered to play Axe when Allies were Op than playing today both side.
If there are some problemps, go step by step, and test it please. And remember, each unit doesn't need to be to clone in each faction. A faction is a synergy with weakness and strenght.

Sorry about my english.
4 May 2017, 14:54 PM

Get rid of OKW vet5 bullshit that helps hand them the win simply because they managed to keep there infantry alive even though they might of been losing all game. It ruins 2v2 modes no allied infantry can stand up to theirs aside from maybe vet3 paras. The only thing that can really even touch their infantry at that point is heavy artillery.
4 May 2017, 18:29 PM

UKF trenches and emplacements should definitely be put at high priority.

This can be adressed in a multitude of ways, the biggest problem with the UKF trench is it's almost indestructible because of it's small target size. It should have it's target size increased or be accessible to enemy units. Alternatively just add a fuel cost to it.

Emplacements are obvious, the Bofors is the biggest offender here. Brace absolutely needs a change. Emplacements belong on the highest priority list.
4 May 2017, 18:32 PM

Perosnally in 1v1 or 2v2 I have no problems with or against brace.

The problem is that without brace they are quite useless while with brace you need much more micro to kill it.

For OKW I see no problem at all with emplacements. Plenty options here.

But Ostheer are kinda fucked since double GrWs vs Pit are hardly a counter - rather lottery.
4 May 2017, 18:42 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Why a kubel makes so many dps at the early-game?... Why these things happen?...
4 May 2017, 18:48 PM

Some thougts:

Would u build an elephant, when it has not much more range than a jackson, lower damage and lower rate of fire ?

Elephant could fire 1 shot maybe (he misses alot), and allied tanks are behind it.
In the beginning of coh2, the elephant had a gun range of 100, with 60 and lower damage it will be finally dead.
4 May 2017, 19:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2017, 18:48 PMLoxley

Would u build an elephant, when it has not much more range than a jackson, lower damage and lower rate of fire ?

Elephant could fire 1 shot maybe (he misses alot), and allied tanks are behind it.
In the beginning of coh2, the elephant had a gun range of 100, with 60 and lower damage it will be finally dead.

"Finally dead"? The Elefant is having his best time since brit release. Elefant and Jagdtiger are no-brainers in 4v4. No doctrine should be a no-brainer.
4 May 2017, 19:26 PM

Ostheer has many lame commanders, they really need the elephant because it's one of their few good tool.

The only nerf i could see, is a small one to it's speed (but no more then -5%), so it's would be a bit easier to flank.

:)
4 May 2017, 21:20 PM
Donator 11

I think the 'scope' of this thread might be getting a little too broad
4 May 2017, 22:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2017, 18:48 PMLoxley

I mostly agree here as well. Nerfing ROF is a bad idea, nerfing range is a bad idea, if you nerf dmg, only by 40dmg so its still a counter to heavy tanks but takes three shots to kill mediums. I think people forget that this thing costs as much as two SU85s.
PAGES (31)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 80
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak