Login

russian armor

April 25th patch?

29 Apr 2017, 05:43 AM

Ok snarky know it all pro, how do you play against 20min+ volks blobs? Don't say rocket arty, because that's doctrinal, don't say mgs, because those can't even suppress vet5 volks before they get wiped frontally, and don't say tanks, because then they got their own panther or kt behind it, and don't say make your own blob because they'll get stuka'd and rifle blobs bleed way harder and take 120 muni a pop for double bars (also, bobbling is stupid and I try to avoid it.

Instead of trying to counter volks with x y or z, try countering they with x y AND z. #combinedarmsstyle #theostheerway
29 Apr 2017, 12:35 PM

OKW have flame nades because they have no other way to clear garrisons. They also cost quite a bit and they prevent STG's from popping.

Didn't notice this under patch when I played but will look for it.
29 Apr 2017, 13:37 PM

Huh. Mines usually get blown up by random explosives and are a bitch to plant in a place where a blob is gonna go. Also, USF, my main, doesn't get mines without doctrinal choice.

Yeah, it was worth a shot. :D

USF has been such an ugly duckling like OKW that it's hard to give meaningful advice considering the inherent flaws in the WFA factions.

Doctrinal mines are ridiculous, and them being mutually exclusive to things like rocket artillery isn't any better.
29 Apr 2017, 14:09 PM

Instead of trying to counter volks with x y or z, try countering they with x y AND z. #combinedarmsstyle #theostheerway

That's true. That's what I do as brits, but the problem with usf is that to get one asset, you usually have to sacrifice another. If you go lt and get .50, you got no (great) indirect and no at gun, but if you go capt, no suppression. Calliope, or Pershing (or for me airborne lol). Still, always good to be reminded
29 Apr 2017, 15:45 PM

That's true. That's what I do as brits, but the problem with usf is that to get one asset, you usually have to sacrifice another. If you go lt and get .50, you got no (great) indirect and no at gun, but if you go capt, no suppression. Calliope, or Pershing (or for me airborne lol). Still, always good to be reminded

That is very true. I think that's the one of the major design flaws of the US. Once you reach the late game however combined arms is the way to go. It makes the game so much more fun playing with a well rounded army anyways.

Also, I strongly suggest using the Sherman HE rounds to counter infantry. Most people never both with it since they almost always want to use Sherman's to counter tank but man, I had a game vs Dave (a top USFs 2v2 player and he was wiping my ostheer infantry left and right with his normal Sherman's.
29 Apr 2017, 16:48 PM

So go Lt for 50 cal, get 50 cal, then go Captain

The fuel timing will be perfect for axis vehicles and you'll get 2 squads while teching up, one with a bar, the other which can be given zooks. There's no problem at all but 3 minutes of wait time.
29 Apr 2017, 18:30 PM

Ok snarky know it all pro, how do you play against 20min+ volks blobs? Don't say rocket arty, because that's doctrinal, don't say mgs, because those can't even suppress vet5 volks before they get wiped frontally, and don't say tanks, because then they got their own panther or kt behind it, and don't say make your own blob because they'll get stuka'd and rifle blobs bleed way harder and take 120 muni a pop for double bars (also, bobbling is stupid and I try to avoid it.

SO hold on? your moaning about volks blobs but then u bring in stuka, kt etc. which means your enemy is using combined arms to outplay well sh*t, no wonder your a - moving rifleblobbing is getting rightfully rekt. KT and panthers are kept at bay by jacksons but you need 2 of them or at least 2 AT guns from my experience. Stuka is only a threat if you have a lot of team weapons or if your blobbing riflemen which looks like what ur doing.

As stated above, use combined arms and going both tiers is an option (but not ideal in all situations) remember your OKW enemy has to make the same decisions too.

29 Apr 2017, 21:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2017, 18:30 PMAlphrum

SO hold on? your moaning about volks blobs but then u bring in stuka, kt etc. which means your enemy is using combined arms to outplay well sh*t, no wonder your a - moving rifleblobbing is getting rightfully rekt. KT and panthers are kept at bay by jacksons but you need 2 of them or at least 2 AT guns from my experience. Stuka is only a threat if you have a lot of team weapons or if your blobbing riflemen which looks like what ur doing.

As stated above, use combined arms and going both tiers is an option (but not ideal in all situations) remember your OKW enemy has to make the same decisions too.

Hold up hold up. For one thing, you took a huge leap just immediately calling me an a- moving rifleblobber. I do not a- move or rifleblob. I'm pretty sure you're just butthurt that I suggested anything contrary of axis. For another thing, blobbing doesn't entail ONLY making the unit that's being blobbed. I'm talking about the "strategy" of just throwing all your infantry together and throwing it at the enemy. So maybe he's got a kt/jt behind his volks, that doesn't make it less of a blob just because other units exist in his army. My problem is that my rifles in cover in defensive positions with an mg or flakht supporting still just get run over by a bunch of volks sometimes.
29 Apr 2017, 22:06 PM

So go Lt for 50 cal, get 50 cal, then go Captain

The fuel timing will be perfect for axis vehicles and you'll get 2 squads while teching up, one with a bar, the other which can be given zooks. There's no problem at all but 3 minutes of wait time.

So I'm guessing with that strategy you would skip making light vehicles or elite infantry at all and focus on team weapons and rifles until shermans? Interesting. My focus has always been on light support from vehicles and team weapons with combat infantry serving as my bread and butter. Do you actually put zooks on the captain? He does have the sprint and I think a massive reload vet bonus.
29 Apr 2017, 22:39 PM

Hold up hold up. For one thing, you took a huge leap just immediately calling me an a- moving rifleblobber. I do not a- move or rifleblob. I'm pretty sure you're just butthurt that I suggested anything contrary of axis. For another thing, blobbing doesn't entail ONLY making the unit that's being blobbed. I'm talking about the "strategy" of just throwing all your infantry together and throwing it at the enemy. So maybe he's got a kt/jt behind his volks, that doesn't make it less of a blob just because other units exist in his army. My problem is that my rifles in cover in defensive positions with an mg or flakht supporting still just get run over by a bunch of volks sometimes.

Thats a problem on all factions, im always seeing blobs from both axis and allies walking straight into mg's and overrunning them. My problem is that you only accuse OKW of this but its something all factions can do.

OKW are heavily reliant on volks because ther support weapons are weak, just like riflemen for usf. OKW late game is far superior to USF late game, but its not a problem about OKW, its just USF late game is just so bad. IMO they need a non-doc late game call in like the KT, i wish the Pershing at least can be calling after all techs were upgraded or something needs to happen to ther lategame
30 Apr 2017, 04:28 AM

Anyone who builds more than 2 newbvolks is easy to beat, its someone who knows how to mix it up early that is a problem.

As USF just go for 3 Rifleman and Double BARs, followed by the Leuy with a BAR and the AA Halftrack. If you get a 50 Cal and put it in a building or other static position you are doing it wrong. Your 50 Cal follows the Riflemen around and engages the enemy with attack move just as if it was a Rifleman itself.
30 Apr 2017, 06:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2017, 22:39 PMAlphrum

Thats a problem on all factions, im always seeing blobs from both axis and allies walking straight into mg's and overrunning them. My problem is that you only accuse OKW of this but its something all factions can do.

OKW are heavily reliant on volks because ther support weapons are weak, just like riflemen for usf. OKW late game is far superior to USF late game, but its not a problem about OKW, its just USF late game is just so bad. IMO they need a non-doc late game call in like the KT, i wish the Pershing at least can be calling after all techs were upgraded or something needs to happen to ther lategame

I must confess, I think I misread you. I thought you were an axis player who immediately set out to just tear down instead of helping or discussing. Blobbing is definitely a problem for all factions, but IMO, it is the worst with okw because allies don't have as easy access to blob counters as ost and okw to some extent do, and okw blobs tend to be the most cost-effective, a hugely beneficial trait for a blob. That's my opinion, I'm no expert, just based off my own experiences.
30 Apr 2017, 06:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2017, 04:28 AMCulainn
Anyone who builds more than 2 newbvolks is easy to beat, its someone who knows how to mix it up early that is a problem.

As USF just go for 3 Rifleman and Double BARs, followed by the Leuy with a BAR and the AA Halftrack. If you get a 50 Cal and put it in a building or other static position you are doing it wrong. Your 50 Cal follows the Riflemen around and engages the enemy with attack move just as if it was a Rifleman itself.

More than 2 volks is bad? Never heard someone suggest that before. Three rifles with double bars is a lot easier said than done, as that's 360 munitions right there, and that's if you use 0 grenades or other abilities, single bars is doable, but then you might be vulnerable to luchs rush without a stu or zooks (if you go lt). The part about the .50 is definitely solid though. It's always how I've played with it, taking advantage of the high mobility.
30 Apr 2017, 15:43 PM

I have seen players going fast sherman but you're leaving a huge hole in your flank. If your opponent is only doing volksblob it will be fine. If he decides to build something else you are screwed.

I can tell it from experience, I play with a guy doing that. He had nothing to counter a single 251 flamer...
2 May 2017, 01:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2017, 15:43 PMEsxile
I have seen players going fast sherman but you're leaving a huge hole in your flank. If your opponent is only doing volksblob it will be fine. If he decides to build something else you are screwed.

I can tell it from experience, I play with a guy doing that. He had nothing to counter a single 251 flamer...

Yeah that's what I worry about rushing a Sherman. It's no Jesus tank anyway.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★