Login

russian armor

Vanilla factions´s repair rate

26 Apr 2017, 13:32 PM

The vanilla faction´s repair rates are just too slow compared to the newer factions. Repairing an IS2 or a Tiger takes ages upon ages. This in my opinion broken feature is especially punishing in 2v2 and up where you spend ages repairing your tanks as Ostheer and Soviets to eventually rumble your way back up to the front line and see that shiney Perhsing, Sherman, Cromwell, Comet or OKW Panther/P4/JP4/Command Panther back on the line waiting for you fully repaired.

Now I don't know about any of you, but I would love to see the newer faction's repair rates get nerfed to Vanilla faction's repair rates. As of now it is a shitfest. I have had so many games as both Soviets and Ostheer where I simply got out repaired...
26 Apr 2017, 13:43 PM

I agree and included this in the "inconsistencies need fixing thread".

To make thing even worse WFA engineering are better fighting units and vet faster further increasing the repair speed....

Imo minesweepers should take all weapon slots, be the only sources of repair speed veterancy and provide XP with repair done units.

Then engineers will become either fight oriented or repair oriented.
26 Apr 2017, 13:47 PM

Yea I agree. Or would like to see the mine sweeper package act like OKWs and increase repair speed. I know that soviet engineers once vetted repair at a decent speed. And cons are able to rep with some doctrines.

Brings us back to the question on maybe letting OH/SU engineers gain experience with mines...
26 Apr 2017, 13:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

As I suggested a few months ago, I think that repairing should grant XP. If all repair abilities are nerfed to EFA levels, that could be a viable way to vet engineer units and help them reach vet 2 to increase their repair speed.
26 Apr 2017, 14:03 PM

We wanted to normalize repair speeds across faction by nerfing it down to EFA levels. We tried really hard to do this, as this would help act as a safeguard vs UKF and, in particular, OKW super-OP late-game. Unfortunately, we didn't manage to include a fix to this disparity for GCS.

Repair speeds for EFA factions work like this:
- 1.6 at Vet0 (per entity)
- 2.6 at Vet2 (per entity)

Sturmpioneers, which only cost 50% more MP to field than Pioneers repair as follows:
- 3 at Vet0 (4, with minesweeper)
- 4 at Vet2 (5, with minesweeper)

Thus, by only paying 50% more than other faction engineers you get:
- 150% faster repair rates at Vet0 (minesweeper package & Vet0 repairs)
- You don't have to worry about maintaining your veterancy to keep adequate repair speed
- You have a capable combat squad on top of that

(OKW also has MechHQ which repairs at a rate of 3, but has 3 entities, however. Given how OP Sturmpioneer repair is, MechHQ repairs are redundant).

USF Vehicle crews are OK, and they follow that curve. With WBP they have been toned down as they can't get to Vet2 that easily anymore.

Rear Echelons and Sappers, however, repair as follows:
- 2 at Vet0
- 3 at Vet2
Sappers get an extra of +2 repair speed (additive) with the Heavy Sapper upgrade (Anvil)

If repair speeds would get normalized, we would change things as follows:

Sturmpioneer repair speed:
- 2.4 at Vet0
- 3.9 at Vet2
- Minesweeper upgrade no longer affects repair speeds

Rear Echelons/Sappers:
- 1.6 at vet0
- 2.6 at Vet2
- (5-man squads should come as 4-man squads on the field so that you don't get sapper models for free)
- Heavy Sapper upgrade bonus reduced from 2 to 1.3

(OKW can keep their MechHQ as is, to allow for non-popcap heavy repairs for players that gave up healing to get MechHQ)
26 Apr 2017, 14:24 PM

It would be really great if this repair rates could be normalized. It doesnt matter if it is toned down to Pios level or tonned up to Sappers levels. The fact is that this should be equal in the 5 factions.

IMO the only units that should repair slower than the normal engis are the USF tank crews.
26 Apr 2017, 14:35 PM

Mr. Smith, hopefully your plan can get implemented in a soon-upcoming patch.
26 Apr 2017, 15:16 PM

26 Apr 2017, 15:39 PM

What prevented these ideas from getting in the patch?

Scope™

We are given very limited options about which units we are allowed to touch, and which we aren't. That's probably to prevent too many changes done at once from alienating the entire player-base. Smaller changes means that players will have an easier time adapting, which will make future balance concerns more visible, earlier.

Welcome back :)
26 Apr 2017, 17:24 PM

good stuff

God I like this!
26 Apr 2017, 17:38 PM

+1 to nerfing the non vanilla factions repair speeds
26 Apr 2017, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2017, 17:38 PMCafo
+1 to nerfing the non vanilla factions repair speeds

+1 :D
26 Apr 2017, 23:26 PM

26 Apr 2017, 23:41 PM

Also +1 to not nerfing the vanilla faction repair speeds.
27 Apr 2017, 02:52 AM

Oh God, please do not nerf repair speeds of the newer factions down to pitiful EFA levels. Just normalize them with WFA or meet somewhere in the middle. I don't know about you guys, but I have never once thought "God, I sure wish my sturmpios repaired slower. I hate having intense, fast-paced games with lots of tank combat." Hell, not even back during the initial release of the game did I think "Golly gee, Soviet engies repair at the perfect rate! I love spending half the game repairing T34s!"

Man, only on forums would people ever advocate returning everything to pitiful Soviet repair speeds. No, just no. Please God no. If you do do this (please no), at least give engies veterancy for repairing.
27 Apr 2017, 03:14 AM

We wanted to normalize repair speeds across faction by nerfing it down to EFA levels. We tried really hard to do this, as this would help act as a safeguard vs UKF and, in particular, OKW super-OP late-game. Unfortunately, we didn't manage to include a fix to this disparity for GCS.

Repair speeds for EFA factions work like this:
- 1.6 at Vet0 (per entity)
- 2.6 at Vet2 (per entity)

Sturmpioneers, which only cost 50% more MP to field than Pioneers repair as follows:
- 3 at Vet0 (4, with minesweeper)
- 4 at Vet2 (5, with minesweeper)

Thus, by only paying 50% more than other faction engineers you get:
- 150% faster repair rates at Vet0 (minesweeper package & Vet0 repairs)
- You don't have to worry about maintaining your veterancy to keep adequate repair speed
- You have a capable combat squad on top of that

(OKW also has MechHQ which repairs at a rate of 3, but has 3 entities, however. Given how OP Sturmpioneer repair is, MechHQ repairs are redundant).

USF Vehicle crews are OK, and they follow that curve. With WBP they have been toned down as they can't get to Vet2 that easily anymore.

Rear Echelons and Sappers, however, repair as follows:
- 2 at Vet0
- 3 at Vet2
Sappers get an extra of +2 repair speed (additive) with the Heavy Sapper upgrade (Anvil)

- 2.4 at Vet0
- 3.9 at Vet2

Rear Echelons/Sappers:
- 1.6 at vet0
- 2.6 at Vet2
- (5-man squads should come as 4-man squads on the field so that you don't get sapper models for free)

(OKW can keep their MechHQ as is, to allow for non-popcap heavy repairs for players that gave up healing to get MechHQ)

Lol balanced. Rear echelons suck balls in combat though, and I'm pretty sure here 25 to reinforce.
27 Apr 2017, 03:48 AM

The vanilla faction´s repair rates are just too slow compared to the newer factions. Repairing an IS2 or a Tiger takes ages upon ages. This in my opinion broken feature is especially punishing in 2v2 and up where you spend ages repairing your tanks as Ostheer and Soviets to eventually rumble your way back up to the front line and see that shiney Perhsing, Sherman, Cromwell, Comet or OKW Panther/P4/JP4/Command Panther back on the line waiting for you fully repaired.

Now I don't know about any of you, but I would love to see the newer faction's repair rates get nerfed to Vanilla faction's repair rates. As of now it is a shitfest. I have had so many games as both Soviets and Ostheer where I simply got out repaired...

+1 on nerfing OKW, UKF, and USF repair rates to Ost levels. However, it should be all three of them and not just UKF and USF. I'd bet that the balance team does eventually nerf UKF, USF, and the sturmpio but not the repair from the mechanized truck. The logic behind that is utter bullshit and will further imbalance team games, but team games aren't a priority.
27 Apr 2017, 05:01 AM
Patrion 14

- 2.4 at Vet0
- 3.9 at Vet2

Rear Echelons/Sappers:
- 1.6 at vet0
- 2.6 at Vet2

This doesn't seem to be normalised since ost and soviets would remain the same and okw would still have the highest repair speed of all factions (50% faster than ost/soviet repairs in addition to mech repairs) for no particular reason. Why not tone all repairs down to ost/soviet levels (afterall ost is the gold standard)? I'm sure there would be a way to address the 5th entity in ukf and usf squads somehow to allow for equal repair speeds.

Additionally it is also a lot harder for any other builder to reach vet 2 since they're not combat units and mine sweepers further cut down their limited combat viability.

One of the main issues against okw is that if you do not manage to kill a tank it will be back in no time repaired while any heavily damaged ost/soviet tank will be off the field considerably longer which is better in my book since it at least rewards having dealt the damage.
27 Apr 2017, 08:25 AM

This doesn't seem to be normalised since ost and soviets would remain the same and okw would still have the highest repair speed of all factions (50% faster than ost/soviet repairs in addition to mech repairs) for no particular reason. Why not tone all repairs down to ost/soviet levels (afterall ost is the gold standard)? I'm sure there would be a way to address the 5th entity in ukf and usf squads somehow to allow for equal repair speeds.

Additionally it is also a lot harder for any other builder to reach vet 2 since they're not combat units and mine sweepers further cut down their limited combat viability.

One of the main issues against okw is that if you do not manage to kill a tank it will be back in no time repaired while any heavily damaged ost/soviet tank will be off the field considerably longer which is better in my book since it at least rewards having dealt the damage.

Sturmpios cost 50% extra MP. Therefore, they should repair 50% faster. Otherwise, OKW will fall too far back. MechHQ would be kinda balanced because Sturmpioneer popcap is 9 as opposed to 5 for a pioneer squad.

Currently, MechHQ is the cherry on the top of the most OP repair speeds in the game. With nerfed Sturmpios, everytime you get snared you will have to get back to base to get the snare damage off.
27 Apr 2017, 08:48 AM
Patrion 14

Sturmpios cost 50% extra MP. Therefore, they should repair 50% faster. Otherwise, OKW will fall too far back. MechHQ would be kinda balanced because Sturmpioneer popcap is 9 as opposed to 5 for a pioneer squad.

Currently, MechHQ is the cherry on the top of the most OP repair speeds in the game. With nerfed Sturmpios, everytime you get snared you will have to get back to base to get the snare damage off.

Fair point. I always saw their higher price as a reflection of their combat ability similar to how pios and ukf engineers are better combat units compared to soviet engineers (and therefore more expensive). Thanks for taking the time to clarify :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★