Login

russian armor

Will we get more commanders and bulletins?

12 Apr 2017, 18:40 PM

I'd like to see some of the factions get more selection in commanders and bulletins. Currently the Soviets have an absolutely massive selection of commanders and bulletins. Personally, I find the most useful bulletins are the ones that allow units to vet up 10% faster. OKW I think only has 2 bulletins that do this. Soviets have a bulletin for veterancy for almost every single unit they have including doctrinal units.

Some factions also have quite a tiny selection of commanders. There's still plenty of WW2 units and vehicles that could be put in the game that aren't in CoH2 or even units that were in CoH1 that could come to CoH2 like the Crab Sherman or the Wirbelwind.

Here's some ideas for axis:

- Command Tiger (or King Tiger). 15-17 CP to unlock. Not as good as Tiger Ace but definitely better than standard Tiger and buffs nearby units.

- Wirbelwind. Like the AA halftrack USF has but better armored like a tank. Not as much damage as the Ostwind but suppresses.

- V1 or V2 rockets

- There's all kinds of artillery pieces Germany used.

- Panzer 3

- Stug4

- JagdPanther

- Hetzer (not the flamethrower type)

- Waffen SS infantry

- Volksturm Infantry (Ostruppen for OKW)

- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross elite infantry

- Me262 Bombing (they couldn't carry big payloads at all so the bombing would be weak but they are so fast AA either cannot shoot them down or they would have a very hard time doing so)

- Buildable Flak88 gun emplacements.

- Marder Open-Top TD's that can barrage like the Soviet version can.

- Barbed Wire Fields

- Concrete Bunker emplacements/Gun batteries

- Anti Tank Ditches

- Panzerfaust 100 or 120 (Doctrinal Pfaust upgrade that is more damage and longer range but costs more too)

- There's literally a ton of other stuff but this post would get too long.

An example commander for OKW would be a "Volksturm Doctrine" which would rely on civilian/young/old replacements and very late war weaponry.

0 CP - Volksturm. Cheap and plentiful like Ostruppen. 5 or 6 man squads. Can be upgraded with the STG44. Equipped with Panzerfausts. At Vet1 they can use standard hand grenades.

0 CP (but must be researched)- Panzerfaust 120. Longer Range and more powerful. Costs more to use.

4 CP Hetzer. Light but very fast tank destroyer. Excels at engaging light vehicles but can take on mediums or even heavies (only if shot from the rear) once vetted with penetration bonuses. Can be cloaked and move fast while cloaked when vetted. Can use smoke as well.

8 CP - Flak 88 gun emplacement. Primarily used as a stationary gun that is great at AT, decent at AI, and will engage aircraft. Must be defended though as it can be rushed by infantry. Has pretty long range for AT.

17 CP- SS King Tiger or Command King Tiger. Basically the Tiger Ace for OKW.

Allied examples of additional or doctrinal units/abilities:

- Crab Sherman for mine clearing and infantry decimation.

- Armored Platoon Commander. Basically allied command tank.

- Soviet IS3. They were extremely late war, but so was the Comet which only 20 or so saw action.

- OSS Operatives/Commandos

- Enigma Message Decode (not sure if USF has an ability like this already, but shows enemies on minimap)

- Soviet Replacements (basically really terrible infantry that is insanely cheap. Intended to be blobbed. One man in each 6 man squad would not have a weapon until 1 member of the squad dies)

- M18 Hellcat

- M3 Grant

- etc etc.

These are just some ideas. Will we ever see more commanders?
12 Apr 2017, 19:45 PM

M4A3E2 Sherman "Jumbo" and I'd also like to see the M36B1 that used the Sherman hull instead of the M10 hull, sacrificing mobility for more armor.

Also a Sherman croc.

You mostly counted the Axis units.
12 Apr 2017, 19:56 PM

SU-100, SU-122, ISU-122, BM-31 (300 mm Katy), soviet marines and paratroopers, t34-57, replace kv-1 with is-85. German light armor TD's, nebelwerfer.
12 Apr 2017, 20:17 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I hate to say this but, Relic will probably not spend any more time developing new units. Additionally how would these units be actually different from the current units. They would have to fill a void to be unique.
12 Apr 2017, 20:58 PM

I hate to say this but, Relic will probably not spend any more time developing new units. Additionally how would these units be actually different from the current units. They would have to fill a void to be unique.

Some would only require different stats and skins like a Command version of the Tiger or an SS Tiger.

I'm sure some modders could help with doing the models, skins, and maybe even animations of any entirely new units.
12 Apr 2017, 22:00 PM

Maus :snfPeter:
12 Apr 2017, 22:16 PM

My signature was waiting for this kind of thread to be made!
I really miss a Flamer Sherman, the fact Soviets and Commonwealth get flame tanks and USF is left out of the fun, it would be really great in garrison heavy maps.
12 Apr 2017, 22:29 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Relic hasn't made any new content for the game in over a year, it's time to move on.
12 Apr 2017, 23:19 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

While Tobis is correct, I'd love to see some ME-262 action :D
13 Apr 2017, 01:07 AM

Does anyone know if there are any unused models or commanders in the game files that the community team could balance and unlock with Relics blessings maybe? Since they are likely not to make more.
13 Apr 2017, 01:34 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2017, 01:07 AMNano
Does anyone know if there are any unused models or commanders in the game files that the community team could balance and unlock with Relics blessings maybe? Since they are likely not to make more.

No unique models, but some left over ideas. Urban assault grens, Commissar (available in a ToW mission), and other small things. The most unique thing I can think of that can be done is the Bulldozer Sherman uses the regular Sherman option with animators so it is possible to create a 105mm upgrade and Bulldozer upgrade.
13 Apr 2017, 01:46 AM

Lol @ Tobis.

I would like to see more light vehicles for the UK and a light tank for OST
13 Apr 2017, 02:20 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

No unique models, but some left over ideas. Urban assault grens, Commissar (available in a ToW mission), and other small things. The most unique thing I can think of that can be done is the Bulldozer Sherman uses the regular Sherman option with animators so it is possible to create a 105mm upgrade and Bulldozer upgrade.

There are a bunch of models actually. There is the funkwagen 222 and the upgunned shermans from Ardennes assault, and some other stuff.
13 Apr 2017, 02:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2017, 02:20 AMTobis

There is the funkwagen

This game needs a funk wagon.

13 Apr 2017, 02:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2017, 01:07 AMNano

There isn't much. Listed under Ostheer, there's an untextured (possibly not functional) Fallschirmjager from CoH1. There's also a partially complete model named "Tank Hunter" which is the CoH1 Assault Grenadier, which was updated, retextured and assigned to Ostheer's Panzergrenadiers. And there's a Panzerfusilier model, also untextured, and is just an earlier version of OKW's Panzerfusilier. Lastly there's an LMG Squad model which appears to just be an early version of the Osttruppen model, in the early stages of texturing.

On the Soviet side of things there's a bit more. Mostly of note, you can have Guards without a cape, and there's a fully textured "Conscript Sergeant" model. Those are probably from the campaign, although I know Spearhead mod got the capeless Guards to work for their Strelki unit.
13 Apr 2017, 02:53 AM

It wouldn't make sense for Relic to develop anything. Their revenue stream from this game is probably close to nothing, and they aren't a charity.

It'd be great if they sponsor a 1v1 tournament occasionally, and use the results for their balance feedback.
13 Apr 2017, 03:31 AM

You know what we need?... The ability to create your own commander... I swear I once saw an image showing that you can created your own commander. I think you can take the CP elements into account, so you can't have a commander filled with Elefant + Tiger Ace + Command P4. Or maybe give each ability/call-in unit a value, then have a limitted value for 1 commander... I saw it once, man! If only it comes true!‎
13 Apr 2017, 03:57 AM

There's some stuff I'd like to see, but I feel we're better off overhauling and fixing the existing doctrines before adding more (supposing Relic even gives enough of a damn + won't break it again). I definitely would love to see some of the functional models in-game to be reskinned and used again for something, eg. replacing Opel Blitz with 221 or Funkwagen w/ MG. Speaking of which:

https://i.imgur.com/3TATRlH.jpg

Is this real or fake? If the model actually works, I could see it working well in some of Ost's less useful doctrines.
13 Apr 2017, 06:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2017, 19:56 PMMaret
SU-100, SU-122, ISU-122, BM-31 (300 mm Katy), soviet marines and paratroopers, t34-57, replace kv-1 with is-85. German light armor TD's, nebelwerfer.

add to this list BA-64, T-60 (anti infantry/scaut), T-80 / Trophy Pz-3 (command vehicle) and we have a new Soviet faction.

13 Apr 2017, 07:00 AM

You know what we need?... The ability to create your own commander... I swear I once saw an image showing that you can created your own commander. I think you can take the CP elements into account, so you can't have a commander filled with Elefant + Tiger Ace + Command P4. Or maybe give each ability/call-in unit a value, then have a limitted value for 1 commander... I saw it once, man! If only it comes true!‎

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★