Login

russian armor

Comet at 20!?! population

9 Apr 2017, 18:21 PM

I remember that having pop cap issues with Ostheer is very common.

How do I remember that so well, you may ask.

Well, that´s always the point where I start to spam MG bunkers. B-)

Heavy tanks shouldn´t cripple your population in my opinion. Any limits to strategies are hurting the game. Not having the possiblity to field a heavy vehicle and a variety of sufficient support (including other vehicles as well) makes the game boring. Panthers and Comets should remain at the pop they cost atm.
9 Apr 2017, 21:25 PM

Imho 20 is a little bit too much, maybe 18 is fair considering it at 200 fuel cost.
9 Apr 2017, 21:52 PM

The biggest problem with the Comet is it doesn't know what its role is. Its a Panther but its also an MBT. Really, Tier 4 shouldn't contain any generalist tanks and certainly no concepts such as 'heavy mediums' (this goes for all factions).

The comet should be nerfed to normal levels but it should also be buffed at the same time and given a defined role. The Churchill needs to be evaluated and given a role as well. Both British end game tanks suffer from lack of clear defined role that they can function well at.

The Churchill and Comet need to be as strong as each other in a set defined role and no amount of utility will do that. Most British problems stem from nerfs at faction release and no fixes; mainly to Hammer/Anvil and British development curve through the match not being examined.
9 Apr 2017, 22:59 PM

Cromwell!

Lel, it applies to both!

Currently Ostheer is joke. Because of popcap. Right now you cannot have 2 pios, 3 fighting squads at guns, mg and 3 tanks.

Why ? Because their infantry eats more popcap than tanks (stug - 8 popcap, pgrens - 9, pak ~ 7).

I think lovering the popcap for infanry and increasing popcap for tanks is the way to go

+1 on suggestion.

The only factions I have ever run into pop cap issues with on the regular are OST and USF. And I've always been able to circumvent pop cap issues with USF anyway.

Lol, well when you have 1000 riflemen, thats what you get
10 Apr 2017, 00:01 AM

Currently Ostheer is joke. Because of popcap. Right now you cannot have 2 pios, 3 fighting squads at guns, mg and 3 tanks.

Why ? Because their infantry eats more popcap than tanks (stug - 8 popcap, pgrens - 9, pak ~ 7).

I think lovering the popcap for infanry and increasing popcap for tanks is the way to go

(Right now ostheer will have bigger army if they go 2 infantry squads and full tanks than support weapons, infantry and 2 tanks, :clap:)

add 4 men squad to your list, and after artillery become dominant, you got yourself a pure pioneer+tanks ostheer army
10 Apr 2017, 00:47 AM

Heavy tanks shouldn´t cripple your population in my opinion. Any limits to strategies are hurting the game. Not having the possiblity to field a heavy vehicle and a variety of sufficient support (including other vehicles as well) makes the game boring. Panthers and Comets should remain at the pop they cost atm.

The problem is that heavies (particularly heavy tank destroyers) really do need to cripple your pop cap. Late game, heavy td + serious indirect fire + infantry support is damn near impossible for allies to beat in big team games. A supported heavy td is insanely hard for allied tanks to kill without heavy losses, and lots of indirect fire keeps allied team weapons off the field. What can allies do? Their options boil down to "try and fail to kill an elefant with bazookas" or "abuse broken offmap callins". If they don't have those offmap callins, they basically just lose. Increasing the pop cap on heavy tds would force axis players to make a decision. You can't hard counter all allied vehicles, hard counter all allied team weapons, and cap points at the same time, so you have to sacrifice power in some way. This is still a better deal than the allies get -- they don't even get the option of calling in a heavy td.
10 Apr 2017, 01:02 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

IMO, pop increase is not the proper way to deal with it. It just needs to be toned down. Besides, you never need more than 2 anyway.
10 Apr 2017, 07:26 AM

add 4 men squad to your list, and after artillery become dominant, you got yourself a pure pioneer+tanks ostheer army

I talk about 1v1. Going full tanks there is suicide
10 Apr 2017, 09:02 AM

. . .

Very convincing argument. but I think maybe Brit lategame being hammered down too much? seems to be the thing with Relic Balancing™, overnerfs and overbuffs. then again, with the amount of patches being very few due to relic's focus on other games, not like they can do a lot of patches with incremental changes hm? :/
10 Apr 2017, 10:52 AM

Very convincing argument. but I think maybe Brit lategame being hammered down too much? seems to be the thing with Relic Balancing™, overnerfs and overbuffs. then again, with the amount of patches being very few due to relic's focus on other games, not like they can do a lot of patches with incremental changes hm? :/

Brit late-game in which mode?

For 1v1, Brits still have their infantry sections, which have been untouched. For 4v4 there's always Fireflies.

Vanguard/Tactical Support/Mobile Assault are still top-tier commanders.

Also mortar pits :creeper:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS