Login

russian armor

Soviets needs a buff

4 Apr 2017, 16:17 PM

Buff the soviet man. Soviet is so hard to master.Map choices, For example, you can play almost every map as OKW. Except the ones that has many buildings, you can simply pick up the flamer upgrade for pio doctrine as OKW to counter it.

Soviets' conscript, t34 late game buff? Who is scared of vet 3 conscript, or t34? Soviets' backbone soldiers and tank, but compare to other factions, it just doesn't scale into the late game. Man, if you can pick up lmg as conscript that is a jack pot.

penals is good, even without flamer. But with oenal build you have no early game, 300 mp ,and takes for ever to build. When you finish your first penal, okw can have 3 squad on the field. One pio, one kubel, and volk, or Pio,volk, another volk is almost done. At most you can have at this point as soviets is 2 eng with one penal, you can't do much early stage.

mg spam build, it is good until the enemy steals one mg from you, and used it against you.

Shock troop pretty useless in the recent patch, easy countered by flame nade, lmg grens.

Soviet mortar, short range, low dmg. Usually don't do much if you build only one.

Of course soviets has its strength, dshk mg, artillery, cheap units, massive army. But over all, you need use variety of units in order to win. Unlike US rifle, and rear echelon with bazooka counter to everything. Brits bren gun infantry section, piat sappers.
4 Apr 2017, 16:23 PM

Soviets still very much depend on the choice of the commander, since the stock units are pretty bad in comparison, especially in terms of late-game scaling. The new penals are stupid imo, you have to nerf your penals in terms of AI to get at that's only good against 222s and against a luchs. When the Germans get their real tanks (and their real infantry), they fulfill no real role anymore...
4 Apr 2017, 18:25 PM

Soviets and Ostheer are balanced IMO. The problem are the other 3 "new" factions. They are a bit OP. With some luck Brits are gonna get fixed in the future patch.
4 Apr 2017, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2017, 18:25 PMLeo251
Soviets and Ostheer are balanced IMO. The problem are the other 3 "new" factions. They are a bit OP. With some luck Brits are gonna get fixed in the future patch.

This.
4 Apr 2017, 19:02 PM

Instead of just balancing one of the 3 new Armies, how about we either bring the 2 old ones up to their level, or bring all of the 3 new to the old ones' level?

Bringing down or bringing up 1 of the Armies is not gonna help the balance.
4 Apr 2017, 19:16 PM

Pretty much this. There's definitely some Soviet units that aren't super amazing (M3, M42, Cons + insane sidetech costs, Shocks, B4, Kv-1 and KV-2 are the worst offenders, IMO), but the faction's pretty solid overall.
4 Apr 2017, 19:25 PM
4 Apr 2017, 19:32 PM
Donator 33

Fix over nerfs of old like B4. Buff KV1 but as a whole they are still alive. Pull the maxim issue off incorectly though and it will show them on life support.
4 Apr 2017, 19:42 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

imo:
-Decrease costs upgrade Molo and ATnade
-Conscripts better launch time Molo
-M42 ATgun clone raketer.
-Shocks Troops. Compare to other elite units and balance if necessary.
-KV2 need some changes
-KV1 more armor
-And the most necessary of everything, is more presence of tanks in the commanders (Reworking commanders).
-FHQ to teamgames.
4 Apr 2017, 20:11 PM

Cheaper fuel cost of building t2.
4 Apr 2017, 20:13 PM

Buffing EFA to WFA is a bad idea. The longer the infantry fights are the more tactical and less RNG they become. It is the WFA that need to toned down.
4 Apr 2017, 20:19 PM

So. My 5 cents. Sovs vs wer is okay but sovs vs okw is a fucking joke. Only thing that could save you is a maxim spam which is cheese because okw doesnt have enough stuff to counter it. But after nerfing maxim and not buffing stock units (cons), there would be no chance to survive in early game. Sturm pio plus kubel on your fuel or cut off after that 8 min pz2 and you are dead in 80% situations. It is now hard to counter this strategy (only maxim will save you) but after nerfing maxim it will be meh. Also cons to my mind have a very strange accuracy. Sometimes all 6 men can hit enemy squad with one burst on a long-mid range. Sometimes no one of them can hit an enemy on mid range or even on short range in a couple of bursts. It is too random. Also cons struggles from volks when they got stgs. The situation is not getting better when you got ppsh because you bleed mp very fast and sill volks can win engagements in most cases. So it is nessesery to buff cons. I suggest to give them non doc dps and rework thier accuracy. Also lolotovs upgrade, at gren etc..
AND FOR THE MOD BALANCERS: FOR FUCK SAKE GIVE MAXIM CREW TO TELEPORT TO MG WHEN THEY ARE REATRITING.
4 Apr 2017, 20:21 PM

Wehrmacht is not that bad at all, I really like wehrmacht because they have the best machine gun, sniper, and spotting scope hack. The only weakness i think they have is mid game vs light armor. some times some the strat can even be abusive, like PG spam with shreks, stug spam. Once you get to late game you can easily win as wehrmacht as well.

What is the power spike for soviet now? there is none, you t70 doesn't do much as before.
4 Apr 2017, 21:02 PM

OKW just needs a nerf. They're soviets 2.0 with better everything
4 Apr 2017, 22:26 PM

i think the main problem with soviets is you need a doctrine for elite infantry (guards) shocks are meh.. and demos are op.

After maxims are nerfed i think okw will probably be an issue for them. OST vs Sov seems balanced more or less.
5 Apr 2017, 00:20 AM

Every time I see a thread like this, I remember Lenny's NKVD tactic, his lots of cons and how that is very, very difficult to stop.
5 Apr 2017, 04:04 AM

Every time I see a thread like this, I remember Lenny's NKVD tactic, his lots of cons and how that is very, very difficult to stop.

Since that time there have been some changes
-Sandbag nerf
-Mg 34 nondoctrinal
-Mg42 from hq and buffed
-Pgs buffed
-Volks buffed
-OKW full munitions and fuel income
-222 buffed
-Flamer Ht buffed
-Pios buffed

Most of these units counter conscripts and cons have remained unchanged while every change on this list makes conscripts less effective. Furthermore when the strat started cons had lower recieved accuracy amplifying how much worse they are against all of these improved units.

OP is correct in saying that Penals and Maxims were good but cons are meh. After nerfing the two units you could open the game with soviets are in a tight spot
5 Apr 2017, 04:42 AM

Let's not even mention the unusable piece of lumbering garbage that is the ISU-152.
5 Apr 2017, 04:46 AM

The problem is, if you nerf OKW to fix soviets you make OKW even more trash than they already are against Brits and USF.

I think buffing some small Sov stuff is the right way to go, just start with some small changes like improving molo.
5 Apr 2017, 05:20 AM

What soviets need is NON USELESS veterancy...

vet3 cons can't beat vet0 grens with LMG (they can't even take half of they health).

all support weapons have trash vet.

What is the difference between a vet0 t34 to a vet 3? NONE in terms of combat usefulness, no bonus to pen/acc/damage.

I think the only unit that get decent vet is SU76 and SU85 (and maybe the new t70, still haven't time to test it yet)

Meanwhile OST receive absurd bonuses on top of their already very good units...

Side skirts on all tanks? PGs getting vet1 bonuses unlike any other heavy infantry... This is all bullshit.

Just look at vcoh, Americans had bad units, but when they vet they become monsters, Rifles were just ridiculous at vet 3
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 27
Russian Federation 47
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak