Login

russian armor

Airborne company

30 Mar 2017, 02:39 AM

Now that m1919A6s and riflemen have been nerfed there's a real opportunity to make this commander viable for more than just a paratrooper or 2 for the memes.. Paratroopers can be upgraded to 2 m1919A6 making them actually worth getting over another rifle and doctrine now..

Rocket strafe needs to be buffed though, it's 240 muni and doesn't do nearly enough lets be honest.I don't think they ever even reverted the no vision change for it... a plane with no vision? lol? This ability used to be pretty good now it's worthless and compared to every other doctrine in the game is doesn't do enough for its cost and the AT is much needed by USF. Seems like a no brainer to me. To be or not to be.. it should be made better or at least cost less.

30 Mar 2017, 02:42 AM
30 Mar 2017, 02:59 AM

airborn was always good, much better than many other commanders, but people always liked to cheese.

and for the rockets, they are good against vehicles that cant move or are to slow to do so (elefants and such).

my only complaint is that the planes die too easily
30 Mar 2017, 03:17 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Rocket strafe doesn't need to much of a buff, just make it so it doesn't miss as much. Their tracking is based on movement, just like T-Rexes. If you are not a Tiger, JT or KT, they won't hit you if you stay still.

About things i would like to see with Airborne:

-NOT sure if it would be OP or not, but try with 0 CP Pathfinders. Make them start with cooldown if too early. It's been to long since i used it but IIRC radios are 0 muni and low cd. This could be tweaked if 0CP is "too strong".

-Both MG and AT gun shouldn't cost mp and be changed to muni. Just like with the UK commander.

The commander was good. It just got replaced when stronger commanders showed up (Rifle-CalliOP-Pershing).
30 Mar 2017, 04:14 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

-NOT sure if it would be OP or not, but try with 0 CP Pathfinders. Make them start with cooldown if too early. It's been to long since i used it but IIRC radios are 0 muni and low cd. This could be tweaked if 0CP is "too strong".

I dunno, considering their potency with BARs, I think a bit of a rougher start to them is more or less justified. Really, just making the dropped weapons more appealing by costing muni instead of MP will make Pathfinders without BARs have a lot more valuable since then you can possibly actually have the MP to crew the weapons with Paras and thus give a lot more potential to the beacons.
30 Mar 2017, 04:59 AM

Rocket strafe doesn't need to much of a buff, just make it so it doesn't miss as much. Their tracking is based on movement, just like T-Rexes. If you are not a Tiger, JT or KT, they won't hit you if you stay still.

About things i would like to see with Airborne:

-Both MG and AT gun shouldn't cost mp and be changed to muni. Just like with the UK commander.

The commander was good. It just got replaced when stronger commanders showed up (Rifle-CalliOP-Pershing).

I tested this with a bunch of P4's. Only two or three rockets will hit, even if there are 4 P4's in the circle, and pathfinders watching.

The Stuka loiter, on the other hand, will wipe 4-5 Shermans for 200 munitions. It comes in faster, so even if you respond right away you often can't get it out of range.
30 Mar 2017, 05:23 AM

If you make pathfinders 0 cp most players are either going to decided they are OP and spam them or still underpowered and never get them over rifles, which cost nearly the same, are cheaper to reinforce and basically do the same thing(kill infantry).

Though it would be nice to do something other than build 3 rifles at the start :snfPeter:
30 Mar 2017, 05:25 AM

Personally I feel like Reinforce cost on Pathfinders is too high 32 MP is quite steep and they only really perform at that cost when they are Vet 3 with BARs in my experience. I have a really hard time justifying using Paratroopers when Rangers are basically copy-paste Paratroopers but with better Received Accuracy and an extra Weapon slot. The Pathfinder thing is a shame too because you really need the beacons to get the most out of Paratroopers.

For me Pershing will always win out because of the sheer firepower it provides compared to Rocket Stafe which either misses or gets shot down by Flak Truck more often than not. I really would like to use Airborne more though...
30 Mar 2017, 07:31 AM

Have been playing Para lately and honestly it is out of meta right now.

1vs1: Paratroop come too late and are too expensive to maintain along rifles.
teamgame, Paratroop are far too late and are too expensive to maintain along rifles

I don't really understand why the ATgun is CP4, should be 2 like the HMG.50, this should be the strength of the commander, having both support weapon from T1/T2 doctrines available at the same time.

The problem with this doctrine is the USF meta-you-can-only-build-rifles until you hit CP3 which make your rifles completely redundant with the Para.
The reason why is because Para are just super-riflemen without any specialization. Back to Coh1 Para had a specific role distinct from rifle. Rifle were AI and Para AT and infiltration/destruction which make them working well toghether.

I can't really see any changes that could make the doctrine viable without modifying completely the faction or making it OP.

CP00 Pathfinder. Sniper shot only available after T1 or T2 is up.
CP01 HMG.50
CP01 Atgun
CP02 Paratroop. I don't know if them would make it OP or not.
CP12 Bombing run. Replace the rockets by canon shot to match other AT strafing effectiveness.

Variant

CP00 Pathfinder. Sniper shot only available after T1 or T2 is up.
CP02 HMG.50+Atgun (500MP)
CP02 Paratrooper. I don't know if it would make them OP or not.
CP08 Supply drop zone => to bring more diversity in the doctrine
CP12 AT strafing run

Or if Relic wants, they could simply modify the Paratrooper and use those from Coh1, take from them Thompson and M1919 and give them back their AT rifles + sprint and satchel. Para could still equip BARs and zook if you want but the AT rifles would be much better than zook.
30 Mar 2017, 08:24 AM

fixed weappon slot where your paratrooper can pick either zook or bar then upgrade with lmg is obviously buff for them
30 Mar 2017, 09:03 AM

Make pathfinders spawn from houses and 0 cp. Also at gun and 50 cal drops feels a bit useless
30 Mar 2017, 09:04 AM

Lmao that would be the most OP opening since CP0 Shocks.
30 Mar 2017, 10:33 AM

Make pathfinders spawn from houses and 0 cp. Also at gun and 50 cal drops feels a bit useless

spawn from houses at CP0? lol what the
30 Mar 2017, 10:45 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2017, 04:14 AMVuther

I dunno, considering their potency with BARs, I think a bit of a rougher start to them is more or less justified. Really, just making the dropped weapons more appealing by costing muni instead of MP will make Pathfinders without BARs have a lot more valuable since then you can possibly actually have the MP to crew the weapons with Paras and thus give a lot more potential to the beacons.

How you can get bars at 1-3 min ? if for bars you need at least 4-5 min to get first 60 muni. Its the same time when thay come at 1 CP.
30 Mar 2017, 10:57 AM

30 Mar 2017, 11:00 AM

Pathfinders at CP0 is what I was suggesting it to be in the first place even before newer commanders came out due to how late they come. You can't spam them honestly because you'll bleed to death in moments thanks to their ridiculous reinforce cost.

AT guns and MG's definitely needed to be changed to Muni. It's retarded how much MP it takes for this doctrine to even work efficiently.

Paras are kinda OK at the moment. Not as good as Rangers but they're not something to be ignored either. Thompson Paras with Tactical Delete will literally delete any retreating squad if they manage to intercept those retreats.

P47 loiter is a joke right now. The JU-87 loiter is far better due to its stun, accuracy, damage and cheaper at 200 Muni compared to 240. It would be better if P47 got buffed to accuracy JU-87 level back but nerf damage so it doesn't bring tanks to quarter health instantly like it used to. Or just give a big cost reduction.
30 Mar 2017, 15:21 PM

Airborne company maybe need something
but Recon company it really need some Surgery
30 Mar 2017, 15:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

How you can get bars at 1-3 min ? if for bars you need at least 4-5 min to get first 60 muni. Its the same time when thay come at 1 CP.

You don't. There's the rougher start for them.
30 Mar 2017, 16:11 PM

How about if Pathfinders cannot pick up weapons but come at 0cp's? It would also be cool if they could cap points slightly faster so they could be used as recon and harassment. In this case I could see a reduction in their absurdly high reinforce cost.

Changing 50 cal and AT gun to munitions seems fine to me.

Paratroopers arrive at the right time. They are extremely cheap to reinforce for an elite squad and they have deadly upgrades. If anything is needed maybe they could lay mines? That would help increase their flexibility while also demanding more munitions from the doc.

The P47 strafe is actually not far off from where all call-in planes should be. I actually like the idea of having a single pass with a much lower cost and slightly better tracking. If multiple passes are retained the tracking should be improved slightly. For such powerful tools with area denial I prefer that the passes happen just once so the game can move on, and to prevent them getting to snipe away vehicles with little player input.
30 Mar 2017, 17:10 PM

i'm not sure why pathfinders cost the same as JLI when the latter squad pops out of building and has a hilariously stronger statline
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS