Login

russian armor

Does anyone else think the Comet is bullshit?

27 Mar 2017, 09:22 AM

The only thing that is bullshit is teammates who don't build cromwells first and try to rush comets. They've lost me more games than the Comet has ever won for me.
27 Mar 2017, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2017, 09:20 AMAradan

Comets and Panther are very similar. Comets have unnecessarily effective gun versus infantry. Comet need the same gun as Panther. Chosing commader/MG upgrade and if you pick commader upg., replace smoke with HEAT rounds (with MG upgrade, keep smoke).

Well today they aren't very similar otherwise Comet would have the same stat and abilities which it doesn't. So instead of making it very similar, make the Comet unique like Tigers/TK/ISU2/Pershing are. Brits don't need the Comet to fight tanks effectively, they already have the FireFly.
27 Mar 2017, 11:20 AM

Its definitely among the top five most broken units in the game

what are those?

for me it's

comet
mortar pit
ostheer sniper
calliope
land mattress

comet
comet
27 Mar 2017, 11:24 AM

what are those?

for me it's

comet
mortar pit
ostheer sniper
calliope
land mattress

comet
comet

The other ones are a no-brainer. However, out of curiosity, what part of Ostheer sniper you consider bullshit (that hasn't been fixed by WBP stealth nerfs)?
27 Mar 2017, 11:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2017, 09:20 AMAradan

Comets and Panther are very similar. Comets have unnecessarily effective gun versus infantry. Comet need the same gun as Panther. Chosing commader/MG upgrade and if you pick commader upg., replace smoke with HEAT rounds (with MG upgrade, keep smoke).

They are not similiar , they are not even in the same league.

The Comet tank clearly overperforms in it's role being able to stand up to the Panther and in reality will beat it 50% of the time (considering the panther is supposed to be a premium heavy at ) there is really no reason why this should be happening. On top of all this the Comet also has fantastic anti-infantry power that the Panther lacks as well as insane speed and for an only slightly increased cost. The Comet simply has no weakness and no unit in the game should be able to claim this.
27 Mar 2017, 11:48 AM

They are not similiar , they are not even in the same league.

The Comet tank clearly overperforms in it's role being able to stand up to the Panther and in reality will beat it 50% of the time (considering the panther is supposed to be a premium heavy at

no idea what you are talking about, Panther is much better AT at all levels(and gets even stronger with vet skirts+reload). Comet through vet only gets accuracy, grenade gimmick and the WP rounds that fail to activate half the time.
27 Mar 2017, 11:55 AM

Now try the same while moving at long range and using an Ostheer panther.

In static close range fights Panther does not miss due to collision...
27 Mar 2017, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2017, 11:55 AMVipper
Now try the same while moving at long range and using an Ostheer panther.
In static close range fights Panther does not miss due to collision...

another wehr fanboi enters the ring :welcome:

watch the video, half the panthers were long range and destroyed the comets while still having 50%+ health

Panther clubs at long range due to better armour and penetration. Panther might miss once or twice but the comet will be shooting rubber bullets vs panther armour long distance (any decent player knows to stop your tank to increase the accuracy when engaging anyway)

AT wise there is no argument here, panther is better stock, panther is better vet, panther is better long and short range.
27 Mar 2017, 12:23 PM

another wehr fanboi enters the ring :welcome:

watch the video, half the panthers were long range and destroyed the comets while still having 50%+ health

Panther clubs at long range due to better armour and penetration. Panther might miss once or twice but the comet will be shooting rubber bullets vs panther armour long distance (any decent player knows to stop your tank to increase the accuracy when engaging anyway)

AT wise there is no argument here, panther is better stock, panther is better vet, panther is better long and short range.

No. Vipper is right here.

In any realistic combat situation, the Comet will try to use its superior mobility to flank the Panther. If the Panther doesn't move -> it gets flanked. If the Panther moves, it risks missing shots = losing the fight.

In a realistic scenario, the margin of error for the Panther is too narrow, given that the Comet is so powerful at anti-infantry.

This is especially if we're talking about the OST Panther here. The OKW Panther simply has far superior AI.

27 Mar 2017, 13:08 PM

Good theory. I would not surprised and I understand why they do it, they have to make money or they die, simple as that. I don't see any way to generate continuous cash flow from this type of game.
It's dirty but it has to be done.

ever heard of TF2 ? one of the most played game, makes a damn shit of money to valve without needing to break it.

relic could have done same with tank painting, and the decoration on the player card. even add some new skins for units (but keep the same stats), like a SS skin for german grenadier.
27 Mar 2017, 14:16 PM

How else will they convince people to give them more money? They make super god faction, people buy it, after some time they nerf it.

The only reason why Brits are totally out of scope in WBP, period.

The OKW Panther simply has far superior AI.

Really? You mean the main cannon or the DPS fro the MG? I'm curious now.
27 Mar 2017, 14:29 PM

It's the MG. The primary reason is that OKW vehicle MGs have far more effective range. The Command Panther also has better AoE, for whatever reason.
27 Mar 2017, 14:31 PM

Both, although the difference on the cannon is largely homoeopathic against infantry (a very minor accuracy difference). The Ostheer Panther has much less accuracy on its MGs (the pintle-mounted MG being the exception here, as it is the same on both vehicles), longer reload times, and on the coaxial MG even less damage.

Not that this matters, the Panther isn't supposed to be an anti-infantry unit and was never meant to be. They could remove all MGs from both Panthers, and it wouldn't matter a single bit. The problem is, that a slow firing, long range units is hit particularly hard by accuracy, which is what the Panther sucks at as soon as it starts moving, which you will have to do if you want to use the Panther effectively.

It's basically the Ostwind's problem, only amplified, because the Ostwind is actually decent when standing still (which doesn't help much, because the Ostwind has to rely on its mobility to work, which means its DPS will go down the drain. I would happily accept a general performance nerf for higher moving accuracy, as it would suit the Ostwind much better - but that's an entirely different topic).
27 Mar 2017, 14:38 PM

Don't forget that with better AI means vetting Comet is much easier than Panther and this is also why OKW Panther vets much faster than OH version. Panther can be pretty decent AI against inf with no snares like Shocks/Tommy or chasing lone capturing engineer squad. Engineer can chill out in the cap zone against OH Panther but not OKW one.
27 Mar 2017, 14:50 PM

Don't forget that with better AI means vetting Comet is much easier than Panther and this is also why OKW Panther vets much faster than OH version. Panther can be pretty decent AI against inf with no snares like Shocks/Tommy or chasing lone capturing engineer squad. Engineer can chill out in the cap zone against OH Panther but not OKW one.

Unless you kill a whole bunch of infantry (like say a Centaur or Ostwind), the experience gained from infantry is almost negligible. And the OKW Panther being "decent" against infantry is simply not true, all Panthers are varyingly (we're talking about less than 10% difference in effective DPS) atrocious against infantry - and they should be.

The problem of the Panther is certainly not its lack of anti-infantry prowess, that part doesn't and shouldn't be played around with. On the other hand, the Comet needs to put into a single category, it can't be good at everything when it is around the same cost of the Panthers, combined with cheaper and faster Brit teching. Not to mention that the ridiculous 0.75 movement accuracy modifier for Brit tanks has to go, they are well armoured and armed enough to not have to rely on flanking - that was the very reason why the Sherman and Jackson got those modifiers, and even the Sherman is scratching at that argument's limit with all the buffs it received over the past two years.

Once the Comet is put in its place, we could then take a look at whether the Panther still underperforms, and if that is the case, its strengths should be enhanced further. Nobody gains anything if the Panther is turned into a second Comet.
27 Mar 2017, 15:15 PM

Comet is simply OP. Mutlirole, great stat great abilities.

The actual problem of the Panther has more do with effectiveness of M-36, firefly and SU-86 to hit penetrate even at the max range of 60.
27 Mar 2017, 15:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

ever heard of TF2 ? one of the most played game, makes a damn shit of money to valve without needing to break it.

relic could have done same with tank painting, and the decoration on the player card. even add some new skins for units (but keep the same stats), like a SS skin for german grenadier.

When people brings this around, they don't consider how REALLY different both companies and games are.

An FPS or MOBA has most of your attention or visuals display on your screen all the time. It's easier to see the value of a hat or champion skin than on a unit which you might never be able to field in a game (say heavies skin)

Valve makes most of it's money through it's platform, not through their games. FPS are way more popular and have a bigger market than traditional RTS.

The other ones are a no-brainer. However, out of curiosity, what part of Ostheer sniper you consider bullshit (that hasn't been fixed by WBP stealth nerfs)?

IMO it's more about BS skills rather than OP units in most cases. I think Comets are on the sight of everyone.
The only thing i can think about been bs (which i can't remember if it has been fixed) could probably be the 1100% accuracy on incendiary shot which i'll put into the category of bs but fine.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2017, 15:15 PMVipper
Comet is simply OP. Mutlirole, great stat great abilities.

The actual problem of the Panther has more do with effectiveness of M-36, firefly and SU-86 to hit penetrate even at the max range of 60.

You don't bring PV in order to counter Jackson, FF or Su85s. If they are not effective at range, then you would just make PV to boom rush them.

PD: if you actually meant Su76, then i've said that a small pen nerf should be due. Still hitting mediums with ease but not heavier armored tanks with effectiveness.
27 Mar 2017, 15:49 PM

Maybe 1vs1 ok but in teamgames mods comet is trash when ele or jagtiger show up
27 Mar 2017, 20:24 PM

Maybe 1vs1 ok but in teamgames mods comet is trash when ele or jagtiger show up

There are 2 maybe 3 comets on the field by the time a jad shows up assuming you rushed it.

Comets are anti everything (except AA) people build them (as well as Cromwell) for the AI more then the AT, you can't win games when your vetted units get insta wiped to then allow your infantry to steam roll the axis tanks cuz they are so poorly AI
27 Mar 2017, 20:30 PM

So I was a bit bored today and watched Hans' 2v2 replay. At one moment he had 3 Comets, 3 Engis, Mattress and 6 pounder.

It reminded me of good old times when triple Tiger + triple engis were the meta :megusta:

Not to mention that he was spamming Comets like crazy and guess what, it worked.
On the other side, when was the last time you saw triple Panther? :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★