Login

russian armor

Command Panther teamgame balance

27 Feb 2017, 13:50 PM

If you manage to get your late game tank to vet 5, I think you deserve a good bonus. It's not like vet 5 panthers are driving around in droves every game.
27 Feb 2017, 13:57 PM

Command tank aura gives the following bonuses:

Vet0 +20 sight range, +10% speed,+10% ac/de-celeration
Vet2: +20% accuracy
Vet3: -20% reload
Vet4: +5 range
Vet5: Infantry affected too

Range increase on vehicles can break tank engagements, but it's, eh, kinda fair, if you're the only one benefiting from them. However, range increase on a stug-army is lol.

Sight bonuses on your own vehicles is also more than fair. As OKW, and given CP price you can't have a vehicle horde. However, CP aura + spotting scopes is lol.

Range and speed increase on infantry, on such a massive radius means that infantry combat becomes completely broken.

Simple no-brainer fixes:
- Vet5 only awards accuracy/reload bonuses to nearby infantry on a smaller, normal, radius (like other infantry-affecting auras; you're already getting the best tank-affecting auras)
- Sight/Range bonuses no longer affect teammates

I wouldn't mind seeing these changes at all personally I can give care less what happens at vet 4/5 because getting to that vet is rare, point is, make changes like these, and consider lowering the vet requirement so it's actually achievable.

I'm not a pro, I'm not a noob either, and since I started playing, I've only achieved vet 5 twice. As that's the only 2 times I've seen it as well. VPs end the game or the unit is lost before it has the chance to reach those vets.

Personally imo, there are much larger, more OP problems then a single doctoronal unit. And they got brought up several times already in this thread.

Arty cover, on maps like crossing in the woods, this is easily tops the scale on batshit OP broken. Especially vs OH. Where the ability is actually in the base. Not to mention it's AOE extends well out of the circle.

Brainless Cromwell/Comet tanks. You don't build these units to punish tanks, you build them to insta wipe infantry, they just are good at doing both.

USF riflemen, nuff said here...

27 Feb 2017, 14:04 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

In some team games is common to see a PantherCMD and KT. This kind of thing should be avoided.
27 Feb 2017, 14:07 PM

how big is the impact? How often do you see vet 5 CP?

and:
How often do u see other OP units, which broke the game every 3-4 turn?
27 Feb 2017, 14:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Modhat: updated the title to reflect more the subject in discussion and in order to remove spam or offtopic.
If you want to talk about other units/abilities you are free to open up a thread. Reminder that's it GOOD if you do so with ACCURATE stats and information about it and not one rant liners.
27 Feb 2017, 15:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

hmm...let´s think about two Fireflys with tulips...

Personally imo, there are much larger, more OP problems then a single doctoronal unit. And they got brought up several times already in this thread.

How often do u see other OP units, which broke the game every 3-4 turn?

That's the whole problem with this forum. You can't actually discuss anything (even if it's not an urgent issue) cause people will start bringing other OP shit into the topic to dismiss any kind of discussion that could be made.
That something is a 10/10 in the scale of OP-breaking issues, that doesn't meant you can't point flaws in design on less overpowered things.

I'm sure the modder team is aware of: Artillery cover, mortar pit, UK commander vehicle, Crushwell, Comets, LM, CalliOP, Panther, Double bren IS... They play the same game as you do and they check what the pro players are abusing at the moment.

You are gonna say: but why X, Y and Z didn't get changed on the WBP? Why QQ didn't get nerf if it's an obvious issue? You have 2 options: go to the official forums and start a crusade there making a well written topic till it brings the attention of Relic (or till you get banned and return here).
2nd option which probably will be more effective: go to the ladder. Abuse the shit out of it, make a video on how you win with it and then put it on the forums.

I'm gonna give you an example:

I'll give you an idea which i'm sure it's "infallible" for making X enter the "SCOPE".
1-Plays as Brits or with Brits partner. Choose the new cancer well thought and balanced tactical support commander
2-Once you hit 10 CP, select all your infantry units and support weapons and give them an attack move. If you have tanks select them all and start rallying them forward.
3-Press recon plane on your (soon nerfed) Bren carrier with command vehicle or ask your partner for vision.
4-Activate shadowplay,OBS, Afterburner, Fraps, etc. March forward to glorious victory
5-Collect opponents tears. Edit video with some funny remarks, memes and music. Wait for Relic to see it.
6-?????
7-Profit

nee
27 Feb 2017, 16:42 PM

In every game I have witnessed a vet4-5 Command Panther, I have either already won or already lost.

If anything I'd prefer nerfing the vet benefits in return for faster veterancy rate. It's quite a late-game call in so once its vet5 the game's dragged on for quite a while. At least Tiger/ King Tiger has the durability to risk it in combat.
27 Feb 2017, 17:06 PM

OMG, I thought it's a NEW thread about Command Panther. Thankfully, just the old one got renamed...
27 Feb 2017, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2017, 14:04 PMcapiqua
In some team games is common to see a PantherCMD and KT. This kind of thing should be avoided.

In every team games is common to see multiple comets. This kind of thing should be avoided.
27 Feb 2017, 21:57 PM
Patrion 15

Lets keep the content on topic chaps - otherwise the thread will get locked.
28 Feb 2017, 13:32 PM

Permanently Banned
Ofc same cancer are more broken then com panther, but this topic are about it.
First of all, panther is battle tank with OP vet aura, cheap mark target that come at 10 cp. Somthing of this are broken.
If this tank can have so many aura its must not be so offencive tank, its must be somthing close to com p4.
Sigh and mark target, its to strong combo with all combinations like with own units and teammate units.
Flayers from doc, its part of what make it more broken. Flayers that are cheap and can be use in all part of map, in action its always hard to see, thats why arty/dive bomb have good combinations with it.
I whant remember some 2v2 games Jesulin/Macrus vs Theo/Thanotos, where axis team use 222 with scope and com panther, where aura combinations give 222 vision for 3/4 of map.
So, up CP (or add in t4), fix mark target, fix flayers (lets com panther use same like soviet mortar) and somthing need to do with vet bonuses, nerf them or make only for own units like brit com vehicle have, or change range of aura.
Some callin meta are just cancer (m10, stugE, soviet sherman and coma panther) for players who tech its a big problem.
28 Feb 2017, 18:18 PM

Command panther is pretty broken in 2v2. It in combo with a teamates jagdtiger or elephant is broken as shit it means you dont get to use any armor but they do. Double comets is not going to do crap with those two combos or even command panther in combo of a teamates KT because as soon as they apear to get a shot in there gonna be at half hp instantly.

It also near impossible to try and flank the command panther or any axis armor with cmd panther on the field because of cheap spammable flares that can be used anywhere on the map and the cmd panthers vision itself.

The flares should be like riflemen flares and have to be deployed by volks.
nee
1 Mar 2017, 01:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2017, 18:18 PMRocket

The flares should be like riflemen flares and have to be deployed by volks.
No thanks, OKW already rips off stuff straight out of Ostheer.

I'd prefer if Artillery Flares had a longer cooldown though- it's convenient that it doesn't, but it just eats up your munitions for powerful effect. If there has to be compensation then the flares can just last a bit longer once deployed. I prefer if all off-map abilities worked like that- if its cheap and easy, you gotta wait long time for it to prevent spam.
2 Mar 2017, 00:24 AM

I hate to say it but this game isn't even remotely balanced for team games and probably never will be.

I just don't think it's with in Relics scope. If the Command Panther doesn't make a huge impact in 1v1 it's likely to not get changed any time soon if ever.

I've tried using it though, I just have so much difficulty getting it's vet high enough. I'd love to see a good replay of one in a team game making a big difference if there is one.
4 Mar 2017, 23:21 PM

Command panther is a great support unit, i would say only unfair thing about it is thats its a medium no tier 3 require call in but thata reaching a lot.
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Livestreams

New Zealand 65
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment