Login

russian armor

What should be BUFFED with certainty?

29 Jan 2017, 12:21 PM

KV1 (slow heavy tank with pretty bad gun that has 800 hp at 140 fuel? What?)
Conscripts
Molotov animation

Ostheer Panzer IV (gets outmatched by cheaper medium tanks)
Grenadiers

Churchill

M20
Mortar Halftrack (this thing won't even fire)

MG34 'HMG'
LEIG aoe (very small buff)

29 Jan 2017, 13:05 PM

Ostheer Panther. It´s a downgrade from tier 3 vehicles in terms of dps against vehicles. All while being shit versus infantry. I would like to remind you that Ostheer was supposed to have an additional tier to compensate for their 4 men squads. Meanwhile only Brits have that additional tier. Ostheer has a downgrade from tier 3 in terms of AT.
29 Jan 2017, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 13:05 PMButcher
Ostheer Panther. It´s a downgrade from tier 3 vehicles in terms of dps against vehicles. All while being shit versus infantry. I would like to remind you that Ostheer was supposed to have an additional tier to compensate for their 4 men squads. Meanwhile only Brits have that additional tier. Ostheer has a downgrade from tier 3 in terms of AT.

Panther is the most costefficient tank in the game, offering versatility with a main gun that has yet to bounce off the side of most, if not all heavy tanks.

Its also better VS infantry due to its 3rd pintlemounted MG, while retaining a powerfull anti- tank gun.

It does not need a buff. Not compared to everything else others have listed here.
29 Jan 2017, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 13:22 PMA table

Panther is the most costefficient tank in the game, offering versatility with a main gun that has yet to bounce off the side of most, if not all heavy tanks.
That´s the Comet. Versatility is not the Panthers strenght. Especially not the Ostheer Panthers.

I suggest you look up the stats. The Ostheer Panther doesn´t have as efficient MGs. In fact it kills a conscript every 15 or so seconds. This is appaling. The rate of fire of the main gun is also worse than that of a Panzer IV which penetrates most tanks anyway while being better versus infantry.

If microed well one Cromwell can kill a Panther, two will for sure - for the same fuel cost. That is how "well" the Panther performs in the AT department. But I forgot, it´s not supposed to counter medium tanks for cost. That´s not its role. It´s role is to appear once every full moon and kill a heavy tank only to return to insignificance after that.
29 Jan 2017, 15:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 14:08 PMButcher
That´s the Comet. Versatility is not the Panthers strenght. Especially not the Ostheer Panthers.

I suggest you look up the stats. The Ostheer Panther doesn´t have as efficient MGs. In fact it kills a conscript every 15 or so seconds. This is appaling. The rate of fire of the main gun is also worse than that of a Panzer IV which penetrates most tanks anyway while being better versus infantry.

If microed well one Cromwell can kill a Panther, two will for sure - for the same fuel cost. That is how "well" the Panther performs in the AT department. But I forgot, it´s not supposed to counter medium tanks for cost. That´s not its role. It´s role is to appear once every full moon and kill a heavy tank only to return to insignificance after that.

alright. i guess its not a versatile as one might think, but then it becomes a dedicated tank hunter of all sizes and shapes.

lets be honest here. killing a conscript every 15 seconds with all 3 MG's is either fantasy or bad RNG, and i've yet to see such a thing happen with my 840< hours in the game.

Also, ofcourse a well- micro'd P4/crownwell can beat most other tanks, but that applies to every single medium in the game, so its really no argument. It makes the P4 a favorite in my own strategies.

and im not sure what this means:

''But I forgot, it´s not supposed to counter medium tanks for cost. That´s not its role. It´s role is to appear once every full moon and kill a heavy tank only to return to insignificance after that.''

is this a bad werewolf reference or were you just taking the p*ss out of it, making a bad joke?

29 Jan 2017, 16:26 PM

I think he means that the Panther is only really worthwhile when there's an Allied heavy tank.

Because Allied factions really don't have a whole lot of heavily armored tanks, this role of the Panther is kinda marginalized.

It functionally does not counter medium tanks being so expensive and having high penetration but comparatively low armor.

It also isn't as effective against low-armor high-health tanks like the Churchill compared to StuGs. Again, the benefits of high penetration of the Panther is lost against this unit.

Comets and Fireflies are designed to counter Panthers more than Panthers are able to respond to their threat.

There aren't a whole lot of IS2s or Pershings being used, or even in people's loadout, to justify using Panthers consistently.

But I think it is extremely important to note that the Panther fits in against the Soviets. The Soviets have the SU-85 and the T34/76. It is in this microcosm of CoH2 that the Panther really does work.

USF and UKF completely piss on Ostheer basic design, but Soviet v Ostheer still has the components of a balanced game in there.
30 Jan 2017, 08:45 AM

M42 AT gun
Conscripts
KVs specially KV1
B4, unable to hit anything try it yourself.
A lot of commanders need to be looked at.
Katyusha the "most balanced" rocket artillery is at the same time the worst one ...
30 Jan 2017, 08:57 AM

Conscripts
KVs specially KV1

Yes and yes most definitely!
30 Jan 2017, 09:20 AM

This a rather difficult question to answer since it seems to me that there units that should actually be nerfed.

The side affect of continues buff to units and especially in DPS makes fight last less while turning them from tactical to RNG.

So until the OP units are nerfed it is hard to tell which should be buffed.
30 Jan 2017, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 02:31 AMCresc

Sick and tired of these tanks missing shots all the time even when shooting from rear or back side.

Welcome to the Ostheer life.

30 Jan 2017, 13:42 PM

30 Jan 2017, 14:15 PM

Its not bad aside from its low HP, but it needs to be in more doctrines. And nondoctrinal camo of we're really generous.
30 Jan 2017, 17:14 PM

no need to make a thread like this, as it will probably take 1 year until the next patch rolls out for first testing Kappa ResidentSleeper .. and fixes that lelic doesnt care anyway about LUL
30 Jan 2017, 18:57 PM

Agreed on the Panther. It serves no purpose and can´t fight cost efficiently versus medium tanks. This is simply bad for a tank that sacrifices 10 range contrary to other dedicated anti tank vehicles. If it could at least kill infantry that would be balanced. But it can´t even do that yet is priced as one of the most expensive non doctrinal units. (I think only the Comet is marginally more expensive for a multitude of the overall usefulness). The Panther can´t even work as a damage sponge since the armor is easily penetrated and protects only against Cromwells, Shermans and T-34-76s. Or in short: The Panther sucks balls.
30 Jan 2017, 21:16 PM

Flame Hetzer and Goliath's cloaking mechanics (along with LoS nerf), Zeroing arty and Flak Emplacement for OKW. Also, JT vet 5, while not a big deal, literally does nothing ever since crew shock was removed from it.

USF P47s, M3 halftrack (along with CP bugfix, it actually arrives at 2cp, not the displayed 3), most of Recon Co could use either straight buffs or QoL changes (greyhound performance, Para price and inconsistency, Vision buff being picky) and Armored Company's engies and SMG upgrade are both quite meh.

Brits have Engie Reg flame barrage, stock Commando glider, 4/5ths of Arty Regiment (3/5ths if you choose Anvil for those cheesy base snipes, which IS still possible in the balance preview), Tac Support Engies are very limited and pricy due to coming as a pair and the Arty HQ is absolute ass.

Soviets have M42, KV1/2, Guards in a halftrack, Fuel Drop, B4, ISU AT shells and concrete piercers, mini-mines from Defense and Dank Hunters (inconsistent with OKW doc defenses) and IL-2 strafes.

Ostheer has Stormtroopers (little overpriced, Vet1), Trenches (Trench cover is weird, redundant with Pio Sandbags).

31 Jan 2017, 02:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2017, 09:20 AMVipper
This a rather difficult question to answer since it seems to me that there units that should actually be nerfed.

The side affect of continues buff to units and especially in DPS makes fight last less while turning them from tactical to RNG.

So until the OP units are nerfed it is hard to tell which should be buffed.

You can also try to adjust things that doesn't change raw stat performance. On the words of the original "the one who shall not be named", merge "Utility is OP".

Regarding the thread:
People should learn to realise that there are niche units, average units and completely crap units. If the intention of the thread is the latest, then things like Panthers or conscripts shouldn't be considered. Remember that there are things which are REALLY underperforming, forgotten and specially NEVER used.

OKW:
-Buildable flak bunkers
-(KINDA) Airborne assault - AT strafe part
-Emergency repairs
-Panzer commander
-Hetzer
Bonus personal pick: Sector assault (i think concept is kinda cool but IMO the ability is pretty bad)

OH:
-Defensive commander or the whole pack of trenches/tank trap
-Mechanized assault groups (250 HT)
Bonus personal pick: HT Riegel anti tank mines. Pio/222 been able to lay them?

SU:
-HTD
-Lend lease supply drop
-Defensive commander or the whoel pack of tank trap/AI mine
BPP: fix single strafe IL2

USF:
-Elite vehicle crewq
-Airborne weapon drop (make it like UKF, costing muni)
-M8 Greyhound
-Airborne combat group
BPP: pathfinders they are not AS BAD but they are still off and niche)

UKF:
-Pounder emplacement
-The whole list of UKF offmap/abilities which only work in 1v1 due to capture mechanics
-Suxton+Valentine combo. Note that i think that the valentine has the MINUSCULE chance of been Penals/Su76 3.0 if unproperly buffed (due to mobility + crush)
-Forward observation post (never stood a chance against Artillery cover)

BPP: give M3 HT vet 2 and vet 3 rip
31 Jan 2017, 08:37 AM

You can also try to adjust things that doesn't change raw stat performance. On the words of the original "the one who shall not be named", merge "Utility is OP".

That is another point. Imo fixing veterancy bonuses and abilities is a bigger priority since it can solve many issues and help some units become more useful.
1 Feb 2017, 11:25 AM

IS-2, ISU-152, KV-1 - their price is too high / they are unreliable for its price
Definitely KV-2 then also. And OKW base emplacement (buildable). Assault grens.
1 Feb 2017, 12:01 PM

KV-1 and Flamehetzer are the only units that need a buff right now. FlameHetzer needs more health and a larger firing arc, and the KV-1 needs to be made a bit more reliable against infantry

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★