Login

russian armor

Garden the Scope

The Scope is bad and severely hinders the WBP team!
Option Distribution Votes
77%
20%
2%
Total votes: 83
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
21 Jan 2017, 11:45 AM
Donator 11

Unrelated to the changes in the WBP (penals...), the "scope" has always been a bugger for me, stopping the guys from nerfing some clearly overpowered stuff and then readjusting the balance based on the state of the game after having changed the obvious stuff. Now with 1.6, relic has outdone themselves....

I mean how many times do they want to do such a Balance Preview with changing scopes until the game is balanced? 10 times? 20 times?

If this gets enough feedback that agrees with me, i may take it upon me und go to the haunted lands of "official forum" and post there, or even write kyle directly.
21 Jan 2017, 11:50 AM
Donator 11

I voted "agree" but by that I mean the current scope is wrong, not the scope by itself. As much as I like the work of WBP team, I know they would do way to many changes with a volume that would make them totally unpredictable if they were totally free of the scope.
21 Jan 2017, 12:00 PM
Donator 11

I know they would do way to many changes with a volume that would make them totally unpredictable.

that is just a problem of the preview team, not the "scope or no scope". My point is that the scope makes it impossible to actually balance anything, because most of the minor changes they make might be wrong, if the major stuff out of scope was fixed.
21 Jan 2017, 12:06 PM

Forget it man, Relic doesn't care about this game
21 Jan 2017, 12:10 PM
Donator 11

But they care about $$$$ and Iam pretty confident that one can link the scope to that
21 Jan 2017, 12:13 PM

Note that neither the scope, nor the narrowing of the scope was Kyle's fault.

Kyle, in fact, helped us convince the relic overlords to keep many important changes that have not been reverted, as well as the stuff in the parentheses inside the reverted changes (e.g., raketenwerfer, TWP, quad)
21 Jan 2017, 12:21 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I only see the only utility to the nerf of the scope is that they can release soon otherwise it will be a 'epic fail'

I hope they release soon and we work with Spring Balance

What feedback do they expect from nano-changes in balance?
21 Jan 2017, 12:23 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

While the scope is quite limited, there is a purpose. Too many changes may alienate the community and force them to leave because it became a different game. If you look at theses WBP teams' mods, they have made a quite a number of changes. Some of them changed the game and how it is played. Perhaps this is why their mods never really took off. I am just saying the scope needs to be small, but perhaps maybe not this small.
21 Jan 2017, 12:53 PM
Donator 11

Too many changes may alienate the community and force them to leave because it became a different game.

i disagree because of 2 reasons:
1) a big change in the right direction would rather be welcomed (why would it become a different game? 15 more fuel for cromwell for example wouldn't alienate anyone)
2) it could bring a lot of people back, i mean many pros have left already or made pauses, etc
21 Jan 2017, 13:23 PM
Donator 11

no its time to release this patch, if you wanna go total obsessed with this penal debacle keep a internal patch build and keep iterating on that but its time for the patch to release. Noone except soviet fanboys cares about this penal multirole unit you are trying to create.
21 Jan 2017, 14:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2017, 13:23 PMspajn
no its time to release this patch, if you wanna go total obsessed with this penal debacle keep a internal patch build and keep iterating on that but its time for the patch to release. Noone except soviet fanboys cares about this penal multirole unit you are trying to create.

M3A1 Scout Car
M5 HT (This does not affect Quad upgrade changes)
SU-76
M20 (this includes the bazooka vehicle crew changes)
M3
M5 (This does not affect Quad upgrade changes)
Raketenwerfer (the aiming time QoL change remains, however)
Kubelwagen
Universal Carrier (including WASP)
251 FlameHT
Puma (the OST Puma TWP change remains, to keep it consistent with the Stug-E)

And what of this things has anything to do with Penals?

I'm sad to see the M3A1/Kubel passive xp go away. Same with the changes to maphack and SU76 barrage as well. Not sure how making the USF M3 HT have the same HP as any other reinforcing HT is gonna make it OP.
This are changes to abilities or units which i fail to see why they got removed since they are either too fragile to make a huge issue or they are no brainers abilities with no downsize.

I may understand things like Puma/UC/M20/US M5 been reverted TBH but not the list of things before.

21 Jan 2017, 15:09 PM

Other.

Scope would've been fine if the changes were containable and weren't creating new features or abilities. The volume of QoL and bug fixes alone would probably have been enough (and a daunting task for Relic to implement to begin with.) It was never realistic to expect Relic to translate a mod of complex changes.

Scope was restrictive, but adjustments to unit costs and tier placement probably would've given players much more of a meta shakeup.

It is worth noting that Formation changes, AT Satchel function, and Bug Fixes/QoL adjustments in a lot of ways encompasses a pretty decent patch. Given Relic's track record if just those changes manage to make it, it'll still be a good patch.

We can always bitch that something could've been better.
21 Jan 2017, 15:16 PM

21 Jan 2017, 16:34 PM

funny how lelic wants to focus on some certain small area to balance, but the patch still takes ages to come out. what happens with a major patch? 1 year of waiting?
21 Jan 2017, 17:41 PM

You can't balance one thing without touching other.
You can't balance Penals without touching Cons.

Simple as that.

This whole scope kills this patch and makes it Winter Bugfix Patch rather than Winter Balance Patch
21 Jan 2017, 18:11 PM

In Soviet Russia scope gardens YOU!
21 Jan 2017, 21:59 PM

Fuck Relic, make CoH 2 great again!
21 Jan 2017, 22:12 PM

as long as one day comet, mortar pit and aty cover get nerfed, i'm happy.

sniper changes were great, too!
22 Jan 2017, 00:06 AM

I'd say that balancing a game like this is far more complex than a lot of people appreciate.

Are there things not addressed by this patch that I'd like changed? Of course. But it's a great patch regardless, and I'd rather see it released as soon as possible to give the game a better foundation, and then progress on a new patch can begin in the background.

An iterative approach to patching this game is something that I've long felt has been missing, so I just hope we don't have to wait several months for the next one.
22 Jan 2017, 03:57 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2017, 00:06 AMCyanara
An iterative approach to patching this game is something that I've long felt has been missing, so I just hope we don't have to wait several months for the next one.

AND this is why everyone is worried about.

Anyway, in the time the matchmaking took to find me a game i present scope 2.0

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS