Login

russian armor

Relic Winter Balance Preview v1.6 Update

PAGES (7)down
20 Jan 2017, 19:07 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Guys, regarding T1 anti-vehicle counters, please be aware that Penal satchels now act as a snare. It's not the best snare in the game, but it will probably be good enough to hold vehicles at bay.

How effective/ineffective is the snare?
20 Jan 2017, 19:08 PM

that's the way T1 always worked.

T1 -> good AI, weak Anti vehicle
T2 -> weak AI, good anti vehicle.

that's one of the chore mecanic of coh 2 balance between ost & soviet and it is good to see it again.

Shame that right now tier2 > everything else because of maxims
aaa
20 Jan 2017, 19:13 PM

Is it real to hit luchs with satchel? If player is not AFK.
Because other than satchel which has unknown (probably poor) performance against LV there is 0 stuff T1 that can deal with LV.

If you get 2 units of T1. Lets say sniper and M3. And axis player is doing luchs rush. There would be absolutely nothing on the field that can kill luchs even if axis player is AFK for like 1 min
20 Jan 2017, 19:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 19:13 PMaaa
Is it real to hit luchs with satchel? If player is not AFK.
Because other than satchel which has unknown (probably poor) performance against LV there is 0 stuff T1 that can deal with LV.

If you get 2 units of T1. Lets say sniper and M3. And axis player is doing luchs rush. There would be absolutely nothing on the field that can kill luchs even if axis player is AFK for like 1 min

In what scenario would you only field a sniper and an M3 by the time the enemy has a luchs
aaa
20 Jan 2017, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 19:25 PMwouren

In what scenario would you only field a sniper and an M3 by the time the enemy has a luchs

Sorry for many posts.
I didnt say only. I wou'd probably get 2-3 cons research AT grenades by the time luchs arrive. To kill luchs 5 grenades are needed. So very unlikely kill it no matter what axis player does. Even if it hit the mine and get hit by at grenade it would just retreat get repair.

Guards with sniper and cons are doing relatively ok in that case but without guards everything would fall apart.
20 Jan 2017, 19:46 PM

The OKW Luchs and the Ost flamer half-track are the most game winner in 2vs2 (apart from the marvelous walking Stuka that is very powerful all the time).

Sov-T1 need at least a sticky bomb equivalent to fight or Sov build diversity will suffer like it is now. No dummy snatchels, plz add stickies plz.

Apart above, It's feel like a good patch, so get it out fast.

Thanks !
20 Jan 2017, 19:48 PM

The OKW Luchs and the Ost flamer half-track are the most game winner in 2vs2 (apart from the marvelous walking Stuka that is very powerful all the time).

Sov-T1 need at least a sticky bomb equivalent to fight or Sov build diversity will suffer like it is now. No dummy snatchels, plz add stickies plz.

Apart above, It's feel like a good patch, so get it out fast.

Thanks !

The Penal demo charge, is, actually the same as the sticky AT satchel people have been seeing throughout WBP.
20 Jan 2017, 19:52 PM

The Penal demo charge, is, actually the same as the sticky AT satchel people have been seeing throughout WBP.

What's the point of giving penals even more utility? Why no nerfs for accuracy at vet 3? Why do you keep to overshadowing cons here?
20 Jan 2017, 19:55 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 18:04 PMcapiqua

UI IMPROVEMENTS

Planting the Soviet demo charge will show a radius of explosion, like other similar abilities while planting it (similar to USF/UKF abilities)

Very good, but this need to be done also for Goliath. I mean show a radius of explosion.
20 Jan 2017, 20:02 PM

Relic Penals Balance Preview 1.6

Sorry but this whole scope is making most balance changes pointless.

#SaveTheCons!
20 Jan 2017, 20:03 PM
Donator 11

If the satchel now gets the explosion radius while planting, just like usf abilities, shoudn't soviet demo also get it similarly to usf demo?

Relic Penals Balance Preview 1.6

Sorry but this whole scope is making most balance changes pointless.

#SaveTheCons!

It is true that we, as a community, are taking lots of time to make important changes only to few units, but as you can see on patch development and how much better last 2 iterations have been that the previous ones, this time is simply needed if you don't want to go with relic "untested changes" path.
20 Jan 2017, 20:07 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

WTF is going on? I didn't wait this long for a small patch. This is seriously becoming a joke.
20 Jan 2017, 20:19 PM

After seeing 1.6 changes I go from mildly interested in this game again with what this patch brings to not really interested much at all...
20 Jan 2017, 20:39 PM

Not sure when this will be in scope, but here’s how to fix popcap abuse so wolverines and other units can be rebalanced:

When the sturmtiger loads, the game makes it so any shot to the rear has an extremely high chance of decrewing it, but cannot be decrewed by the player or an ally. You apply the same general property to american vehicles when they are decrewed (combining it with the proper crew spawning code and decrew animations), and make a series of small stats changes to the vehicle (nable decrewing from the frontal armor, and reducing all armor to 1). I call this the paint method, as it ‘paints’ vehicles in the color of the US player, despite being technically abandoned. Any small arms damage to the vehicle from the enemy removes the ‘paint’ and allows the enemy to crew it. As for re-crewing the vehicle, I would imagine that you would have to copy some code from loading halftracks (which could be potentially difficult).
20 Jan 2017, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 19:32 PMaaa

Sorry for many posts.
I didnt say only. I wou'd probably get 2-3 cons research AT grenades by the time luchs arrive. To kill luchs 5 grenades are needed. So very unlikely kill it no matter what axis player does. Even if it hit the mine and get hit by at grenade it would just retreat get repair.

Guards with sniper and cons are doing relatively ok in that case but without guards everything would fall apart.

If you get out-teched and produce no counter, that's what happens.

I haven't seen all the notes, so I'm not sure where guards are in this patch, but I remember them being slightly overnerfed. Eventually it will be necessary to heavily modify the early game russian vehicle counters.

On the other hand, I think the scenario you provided is an underestimate of the manpower the soviets would have at around 6-8 mins and an overestimate of what OKW would have.
20 Jan 2017, 20:45 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I like the way this was taking 1.5

Now 1.6 is a f gardening >:( :hansREKT: >:(
20 Jan 2017, 20:48 PM

if i was on the winter balance team, i would be so much pissed. the team put so much efforts , and now relic tell thems to make it a very small patch
20 Jan 2017, 20:48 PM

I like the idea to try to make penals a more niche AT unit. Offering their powerful AT, but giving them the ability to scale. This unit may actually be unique now.

On the removal of almost all the light vehicle changes I think this a real shame. The patch is basically going to be a slight mod of penals, so tweaks and a number of bug fixes which should never have been allowed to go live. Not the modding team's fault at all, but again I just don't get Relic's insistence on underperforming.
20 Jan 2017, 21:25 PM

"we wanna gib at to t1"
"not even at snare"

wau.
aaa
20 Jan 2017, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 20:44 PMwouren

If you get out-teched and produce no counter, that's what happens.

Did you calculate prices to say about producing counters. What counters should be produced.
ZIS after T1? Obviously not an option, stated by Hector etc. Too much spendings on tiers and upgrades early game.
T70? 55-65 fuel to get after luchs is on the field. That much time is enough to base pin and close te game. If M3 then +15F additionaly.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 21:42 PMwouren

Are you saying that the need to support a tier 1 pick with doctrine picks is a problem with the game?

Guards doc every game is a problem since its easy to addapt to it. Best docs are out of the game.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS