Login

russian armor

Friendly Fire...

11 Jan 2017, 03:40 AM

I can't be alone in thinking this needs a revision, can I? For whatever reason indirect does next to no damage when a friendly unit is hit, look at the Brit arty strike, that can land directly on a unit and they take no damage... When mortars land on a friendly squad, they brush it off to no effect.

Wouldn't it improve the game if units actually received a fair chunk of damage from these instances? I imagine that giving 100% damage would be more beneficial to the enemy than you, but a 50% damage reduction would be enough to keep the advantage to the attacker, but also enough to stop players standing in an area they are barraging with no risk.

No unit should be able to stand, capping a point under-fire from several indirect fire platforms (friendly) and not have any risk associated with it.

Call in Arty seems to have this implemented already but should this be extended to all indirect?
11 Jan 2017, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2017, 03:40 AMLatch
I can't be alone in thinking this needs a revision, can I? For whatever reason indirect does next to no damage when a friendly unit is hit, look at the Brit arty strike, that can land directly on a unit and they take no damage... When mortars land on a friendly squad, they brush it off to no effect.

Wouldn't it improve the game if units actually received a fair chunk of damage from these instances? I imagine that giving 100% damage would be more beneficial to the enemy than you, but a 50% damage reduction would be enough to keep the advantage to the attacker, but also enough to stop players standing in an area they are barraging with no risk.

No unit should be able to stand, capping a point under-fire from several indirect fire platforms (friendly) and not have any risk associated with it.

Call in Arty seems to have this implemented already but should this be extended to all indirect?

100% would be normal, so using indirect fire will have a draw back : p
11 Jan 2017, 08:18 AM

friendly fire is only on axis side...

allies can get a full 250bomb on the head..without no dmg....

look how riflemen/is/penals run through their own arty strikes or morta bombs..

yes...its a allie bonus..
11 Jan 2017, 08:53 AM

I'm amazed how Cons can eat Katy's rocket straight into face, while PzWefer wipes Grens easily.
11 Jan 2017, 08:56 AM

I'm amazed how Cons can eat Katy's rocket straight into face, while PzWefer wipes Grens easily.

Stalin protects his loyal and mindless subjects.
11 Jan 2017, 09:49 AM

I'm amazed how Cons can eat Katy's rocket straight into face

It allows strategic diversity. Very important!
11 Jan 2017, 12:53 PM

Permanently Banned

That proof that PW are better :romeoHype:.
Thats why cons are 6 man with worse accuracy and grens are 4.
11 Jan 2017, 15:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Going roughly through coh2stats icons and checking area_damage_FF_multiplier:

I might got some wrong values but overall, i think a normalisation of friendly fire by category of weapon should be done (Pwerfer is one of the outliers). I didn't bother with offmaps cause it takes more time to look for them.

If you ask me, i'll remove the 0.03/0.03 category and move it all to 0.20/0.20 Friendly fire shouldn't be as friendly as it's now.
11 Jan 2017, 15:43 PM
Donator 11

ISG and pack howitzer are huge offenders too. They should apply not less than 50% since they don't even fire in salvos.
11 Jan 2017, 17:35 PM

It is so satisfying to fire your calliopes at the Axis positions and see your own and your teammate's blob run right through the barrage and keep on bringing the pain to the fascists!
15 Jan 2017, 00:47 AM

Friendly Fire UP...didn't really try this,seemed idiotic to run my own infantry through a artillery barrage
15 Jan 2017, 06:10 AM

friendly fire is only on axis side...

allies can get a full 250bomb on the head..without no dmg....

look how riflemen/is/penals run through their own arty strikes or morta bombs..

yes...its a allie bonus..

Lol 1st post on a universal issue makes it a polarized issue. RIP
15 Jan 2017, 06:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2017, 03:40 AMLatch

Let's be honest, Brit 25pdrs never do any damage to anything they land on, regardless of what faction it is...

That being said, I see your point, but I also feel like it would allow cheesy vcoh-proportion teammate trolling. Rage quit base mines+rockets anyone?
EDIT: Spelling error
15 Jan 2017, 11:41 AM

Friendly fire damage and damage against enemy units are completely different. As a general rule, tank guns have 50%, flamers 25%, explosive weapons mostly 0-10% damage with some notable exceptions like pwerfer (25%), walking stuka (50%), sturmtiger (100%). For example Brit base howitzer damage to friendlies is a whopping 2.5%, so a direct hit from a howitzer (160*0.025*4) deals as much damage to a full squad as a single hit from a kar98k (16*1).
15 Jan 2017, 12:08 PM

Friendly fire damage and damage against enemy units are completely different. As a general rule, tank guns have 50%, flamers 25%, explosive weapons mostly 0-10% damage with some notable exceptions like pwerfer (25%), walking stuka (50%), sturmtiger (100%). For example Brit base howitzer damage to friendlies is a whopping 2.5%, so a direct hit from a howitzer (160*0.025*4) deals as much damage to a full squad as a single hit from a kar98k (16*1).

Ha! How has that even been allowed to be a thing? Any idea if Airburst ups the FF damage at all or is that again, nothing?
15 Jan 2017, 16:24 PM

Yeah the friendly fire damage being so different for Allied factions and Axis factions has always struck me as odd.

It's also worth noting that a howitzer shell only deals as much as a rifle on a DIRECT hit. The units caught in the AoE take far, far less damage too.

I think the land mattress was another oddity in that it sort of split the difference between Allied and Axis friendly fire.
Vaz
15 Jan 2017, 16:57 PM

I'm for full damage. It doesn't make sense from a real life perspective. It dumbs down gameplay from a game perspective.
15 Jan 2017, 17:14 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2017, 16:57 PMVaz
I'm for full damage. It doesn't make sense from a real life perspective. It dumbs down gameplay from a game perspective.

There are already players who leave games on purpouse, do nothing whole game intentionally or just try to blow up your HQ in team games. On high level what you propose changes nothing. But on lower level, whatever you do that is more than uniformisation, will just make game unplayable becouse of this.
15 Jan 2017, 17:56 PM

There are already players who leave games on purpouse, do nothing whole game intentionally or just try to blow up your HQ in team games. On high level what you propose changes nothing. But on lower level, whatever you do that is more than uniformisation, will just make game unplayable becouse of this.

Then add proper ban report system, like one from Lol, for example
15 Jan 2017, 18:43 PM
Donator 11

Then add proper ban report system, like one from Lol, for example

There is no need to tell me that. I'm all for it. There is nobody willing to implement it at relic, even though they could reuse it in any next game they produce, be it DoW, CoH or something else.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★