Login

russian armor

Relic Winter Balance Preview v1.4 Update

PAGES (21)down
7 Jan 2017, 05:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2017, 04:58 AMLatch

You will see more PIAT blobs now they home, not less. I for one don't build them and near every match I watch by dane/GG they are never used!

PIAT change will help a lot but no where near as much as a snare would have.

Why would it require a Tommy re balance? Riflemen get nades,smoke,bars,zooks,AT nades,5 men squads and can fight decently out of cover. Not a snarky question, just an honest one, why would it require such a drastic re balance?

Vehcile comes near range, tommies move out of cover to snare it, lose all bonus, get kited and attacked by infantry, fall back into cover and most likely lose the fight due to no cover bonus, riflemen can at least survive this scenario much better than UKF.

Again why would it require you to re balance the tanks just because the infantry has an AT nade? I've yet to hear anyone moan about the comet/cromwell but say its fine because they have no snare...

Lastly, I saw your post on the ninja changes and it said you added muni to recon, please tell me this is not the UKF command vehicle recon, if so, why? You have just killed the ability now the UC can't be used either and the vehicles STILL move and fire stupidly slow.

So you want Brit Inf to be completely uncounterable? No, won't happen, Brit Fanboy

7 Jan 2017, 05:44 AM

Different Question: What is the state of the Raketenwerfer?

Does it actually hit things now or still fire into the ground?
7 Jan 2017, 06:11 AM

It seems the kubel and the scout car level up at a slow but consistent rate. Like 5 minutes for each level. So no need to fear that.

What a good idea to make these units into something usefull past the early game!
7 Jan 2017, 06:18 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I still think ptrs penals are unnecessary and OKW didn't need their faust any earlier but oh well. Over all the changes are good.
7 Jan 2017, 06:39 AM

Due to the light vehicles nerf, they arent shocking anymore in the early game, so let us make faust even cheaper and earlier to disencourage the use of light vehicle!
aaa
7 Jan 2017, 07:26 AM

Maybe consider this.

Sniper Flares to be a small revelation area vs cloaked units similar to sc2 liberation zone.

1. Sniper stays cloaked when uses them
2. As with liberators this small revelation area would be visible to oponent like 2 sec prior to actual revelation. If he is fast enough he would move his sniper outside of it. Plus specificaly vs sniper this ability is a coin flip since they have cloak on the move and you never know for sure their location. So its not a hard counter by any means. Its just about adding more skill-related features and more user input
Currenrtly result of half hour sniper vs sniper standoff when they dont do anything waiting for some random reveal is luck based and not dinamic.

Other 2 things.
3. Also raketens are used as a scout unit. I dont think it was intended. Maybe some sort of revelation for them too.
4. Give chance to know when your tank is about to shoot. So player could manualy stop moving tank not to miss.
7 Jan 2017, 07:38 AM

In live the doctrinal camo on Zis guns is bugged, not only does it make your crew to move slower (which is good), but also reload at a slower pace (bad)

Was this adressed at any time?
7 Jan 2017, 07:51 AM
Patrion 14

if you are looking in to abnormal vetting speeds, flame halftrack vets up super quick for reasons obvious.
7 Jan 2017, 08:52 AM

So you want Brit Inf to be completely uncounterable? No, won't happen, Brit Fanboy

Didn't realise you were on the balance team, but uncounterable? Shit, I might just main Spec Wep doctrine if it will make brits that OP! Think before you type, you always try to argue my points but never say anything of value, try it next time.

Yup I'm a british fan boy, but it doesn't cloud my judgement, I am actually capable of seeing all sides, I know, shocking huh.
7 Jan 2017, 09:10 AM
Patrion 14

can you also remove map hacking 200mp 5fu okw IR track from 3v3+? :). remove from valentine too. or make the vehicle visible through the fog of war when set up.
7 Jan 2017, 09:51 AM

Good to see they fixed penals :snfBarton:

7 Jan 2017, 10:03 AM

damn, these people dunno how to patch properly :hansREKT:
7 Jan 2017, 10:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2017, 08:52 AMLatch

Didn't realise you were on the balance team, but uncounterable? Shit, I might just main Spec Wep doctrine if it will make brits that OP! Think before you type, you always try to argue my points but never say anything of value, try it next time.

Yup I'm a british fan boy, but it doesn't cloud my judgement, I am actually capable of seeing all sides, I know, shocking huh.

Your bias towards the British faction doesn't make you realize if you give snares to the British, it will make them officially the most broken faction in the game and most cancerous to play against (which they currently are anyway). The only thing they are lacking is snares but they can easily compensate with piats or AEC agaisnt LV's.
OKW got ther snares cuz volks lost their shreks.

Regarding the patch, almost everything is really good, except penals with PTRS is the one thing i don't agree with and im sure majority of the community is against it too.
7 Jan 2017, 10:18 AM

then i want 25% more range for mg42 and mg34 in houses with vet1, too

You have icing rounds that hardcounter any light vehicle play below t70. Even AC fears them
7 Jan 2017, 10:28 AM

This patch is just so far off course and feels like community feedback is basically disregarded.
I have to agree with this unfortunately. And looks like ShadowWadaaa's pessimism
and concerns weren't that unfounded after all. But at least the ones who are disappointed with this diminishing support can move on with closure and a definite conclusion.

damn, these people dunno how to patch properly :hansREKT:

Company of Penals. This is starting to be fucking dumb.

Lol. Distractions, distractions. Let's pretend that fixing "Wehrmacht Infantry Scaling" is not a high priority goal, as it would require nerfing tommies and that is way out of scope for some fellas.

But buffing the PIATS is not.
7 Jan 2017, 10:28 AM

Also guys when are you going to fix 2 bigest USF cheeses since 2014.

1st hoping out of vehicle in order to save popcap and thust manpower. Mainly used for tank destroyers, when no tanks are nearby.

2st units veting in tanks too fast. Try to garison riflemen into jacson, pen 3-4 rounds on kt, go back to base and you have vet3 riflemen squad.

Second one cannot be hard to imply. Simply fighting squads in tanks get 0 or really small veterancy (tank crews and echelons will remain unafected by this change)
7 Jan 2017, 10:29 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2017, 09:51 AMwuff

Vet0 Penals :P

Btw whats about brits? So they can't use wire in early then? If Sandback does not work anymore.

I have the feeling, that brits are not soo strong in 1vs1 on some maps vs Wehrmacht, because of Sniper and Osttroupen. And now you can't ghostwire anymore as Brid?

HF to play vs Wehrmacht as Brit.
7 Jan 2017, 10:31 AM

Vet0 Penals :P

Btw whats about brits? So they can't use wire in early then? If Sandback does not work anymore.

I have the feeling, that brits are not soo strong in 1vs1 on some maps vs Wehrmacht, because of Sniper and Osttroupen. And now you can't ghostwire anymore as Brid?

HF to play vs Wehrmacht as Brit.

Why the fuck cannot brits start with enginner squad like every other faction ?
7 Jan 2017, 10:38 AM

Lol. Distractions, distractions. Let's pretend that fixing "Wehrmacht Infantry Scaling" is not a high priority goal, as it would require nerfing tommies and that is way out of scope for some fellas.

Ostheer already got their medkit buff, so it would heal to full HP now, to improve scaling. Ostheer is totaly fine now :snfPeter:
7 Jan 2017, 10:39 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2017, 09:51 AMwuff

Wouldn't an engi with flamethrower lead to the same or similar result? I'll go test, pretty sure it's mostly the damage flame throwers do against units in green cover.

It's also nothing final, they are just trying things out to see what works :)

However, I think penals would work well as they are just without the flame thrower.

Elite riflemens should have been lesson enough that flames on anything that isn't a rather fragile unit like a builder is not such a good idea.
PAGES (21)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

New Zealand 48
unknown 12
Germany 8
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W