Login

russian armor

WinterBalance 1.2

PAGES (11)down
10 Dec 2016, 10:35 AM

Sticky satchel is good thing vs Elefant and jagdtiger., Coz Sov doesnt have any thing vs them
10 Dec 2016, 10:36 AM

But dont forget about Aa halftrack, setup time should be removed
10 Dec 2016, 10:38 AM
Donator 11

But dont forget about Aa halftrack, setup time should be removed

If you stop your aa ht in front of ptrs penals you are doing something wrong already. No reason to remove setup time.
10 Dec 2016, 10:41 AM

Sticky AT Satchel

Friendly fire damage set to 50%

Can someone explain me why is this even in the game? you aren't carefull you pay for it - simple

Friendly fire reduction only allow people to play more brainlessly
10 Dec 2016, 10:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2016, 10:41 AMStark
Sticky AT Satchel

Friendly fire damage set to 50%

Can someone explain me why is this even in the game? you aren't carefull you pay for it - simple

Friendly fire reduction only allow people to play more brainlessly

Damagw of satchel AT is 240. Half is 120. Model health is 80. It still punishes penals rather badly. Even normal satchel have smaller firendly fire than 50%, ask smith if you want.

It is there to prevent griefing
10 Dec 2016, 10:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2016, 10:17 AMPhy

Increase cost of cons or reduce performance of ptrs on cons, easy. But with this patch cons will have no purpose. Btw in current patch you can have those OP cons with ptrs you talking about (tank hunters doc) and I dont see it as OP as you mention. You like it or no the fact is that cons have no role in winter patch.

Lol no. Cons are still better than penals in 1v1 because of their utility and cost, I´m not even saying that you spend additional 180MP and pio time building tier1.

Believe me cons + tier2 are far better than current penals.

To keep penals useful I think they should either get 4PTRS upgrade for like 100 munnition and setting PTRS AI damage to 20 or giving tier 1 light AT gun from commader
10 Dec 2016, 10:55 AM

So I'm wondering what massively OP anti-tank ability you will give to the other Elite AntiInfantry squads in the game, like Rangers, Falls, Shocks and Obers.... You know... balance an all that. Perhaps you guys should put more thought into these changes?
10 Dec 2016, 10:56 AM

and why nerf the Flak Halftrack so heavily this round? That setup time penalty is horrific.
10 Dec 2016, 11:02 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2016, 10:55 AMRappy
So I'm wondering what massively OP anti-tank ability you will give to the other Elite AntiInfantry squads in the game, like Rangers, Falls, Shocks and Obers.... You know... balance an all that. Perhaps you guys should put more thought into these changes?

How is this ability OP? It's almost impossible to use. In fact, it is there only to create some depth without shifting the ballance. And that is why I like it!
10 Dec 2016, 11:02 AM

Can the sticky satchels be stuck onto friendly vehicles and used as a missile?
10 Dec 2016, 11:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2016, 10:56 AMRappy
and why nerf the Flak Halftrack so heavily this round? That setup time penalty is horrific.

Yeah, 4 seconds is horrific considering the USF AA HT and Soviet AA HT have zero setup time. The OKW AA HT must do a shit-ton more suppression and damage if it's going to have such a massive penalty that others don't have to even think about.
10 Dec 2016, 11:25 AM

you made my day :rofl:
10 Dec 2016, 11:45 AM

Damagw of satchel AT is 240. Half is 120. Model health is 80. It still punishes penals rather badly. Even normal satchel have smaller firendly fire than 50%, ask smith if you want.

Try to walk your blob under fire of your own Katyusha. Rockets will do absolutely nothing to you.

Now try to walk your blob under fire of your own PzWefer. You will wipe yourself :foreveralone:
10 Dec 2016, 11:57 AM

Try to walk your blob under fire of your own Katyusha. Rockets will do absolutely nothing to you.

Now try to walk your blob under fire of your own PzWefer. You will wipe yourself :foreveralone:

And now try to tell me what have katty/werfer inconsistence common with AT satchel charge
10 Dec 2016, 11:58 AM

No, but if your vehicle is stuck in radius, it will get engine damaged as well. Also I think engine damage radius is actually smaller than explosion damage radius (if modding team didn´t changed it after beta testing)
Phy
10 Dec 2016, 12:01 PM

Lol no. Cons are still better than penals in 1v1 because of their utility and cost, I´m not even saying that you spend additional 180MP and pio time building tier1.

Believe me cons + tier2 are far better than current penals.

To keep penals useful I think they should either get 4PTRS upgrade for like 100 munnition and setting PTRS AI damage to 20 or giving tier 1 light AT gun from commader

So then penals not worth to build? the problem remains the same. We still have no useful tier1 in winter patch. Cons role is still to be a sponge which is a mistake imo. Cons need an upgrade since release (with fuel cost), feels ptrs is the most logical thing to do having penals as an AI unit.
T2+cons will always be the way to go because of maxims being totally broken (and boring to play with and against btw). Combined arms means that every unit has its role. Penals should be only AI, cons soft AT (with side upgrade) and maxim a defensive weapon (not a mobile supress platform with 0 micro input as it is now).

There are plenty of ways to give ptrs to cons without breaking anything. I repeat, tank hunters doc gives that option and is no way broken. It needs a bit of adjustment because for not being doctrinal. But this experiment of penals being not good at anything makes t1 RIP. Specially with maxim being not fixed. Maxspam as usual, so motivating.
10 Dec 2016, 12:18 PM

don't care about griefing. add full-strength friendly fire to everything. it'll keep people from blobbing into their own mortar/calliope/katyusha barrages.
10 Dec 2016, 12:21 PM

i just came to an idea, since penals now use satchels as AT thing, why can't PGs bundle nades, british gammon bombs work the same way? that could be interesting, despite the fact that PG's bundle nade was used as AT grenade
10 Dec 2016, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2016, 12:01 PMPhy

So then penals not worth to build? the problem remains the same. We still have no useful tier1 in winter patch. Cons role is still to be a sponge which is a mistake imo. Cons need an upgrade since release (with fuel cost), feels ptrs is the most logical thing to do having penals as an AI unit.
T2+cons will always be the way to go because of maxims being totally broken (and boring to play with and against btw). Combined arms means that every unit has its role. Penals should be only AI, cons soft AT (with side upgrade) and maxim a defensive weapon (not a mobile supress platform with 0 micro input as it is now).

There are plenty of ways to give ptrs to cons without breaking anything. I repeat, tank hunters doc gives that option and is no way broken. It needs a bit of adjustment because for not being doctrinal. But this experiment of penals being not good at anything makes t1 RIP. Specially with maxim being not fixed. Maxspam as usual, so motivating.

At first I didn´t say conscripts are useless. Please don´t misunderstood what I say with your own ideas of cons + tier2 okay ?

Cons are actually fine, they are cheap, have sandbags, good antigarison nades and good AT nade. Cons were never meant to be lategame high DPS unit, thats also why soviets have elite infantry in most commaders.

In lategame conscripts can still outfight axis core infantry if they fight them covered.

Maxim isn´t broken, maxim is fine. You just cannot expect to play with only conscripts against factions who use hmgs and good infantry as well. It would be broken if your core infantry can outfight enemy combined arms.

Actually maxim have its role. If you use at least 2 units at same time against uprotected maxim you will force it to intaretreat or he will lose maxim. Also one sturmpio flank and maxim is dead. And it is good defensive weapon if you use it with other units or in house.

Conscripts have their role defined. Believe me core infantry with AT weapons and AT nades and ooraaah would be the stupidest think we can do because we would get volksblobs 2.0. In tank hunters doctrine it is not broken because that doctrine is trash. If I could have cons with PTRS and IS2 and shocks I would melt axis tanks and infantry like no tommorow.

And people need to realise that nerfing maxims won´t make tier1 useful. This is common missunderstanding.

Tier1 can be useful only then, when it is really high risk/high reward tech, not high risk/low reward.
Right now you get 3 units that all die to luchs, flaktrack and 222. Sniper cannot be protected so he is useless unti mid-late game when you start getting suckas. Penals are good early game, but fall too fast once enemy get light vehicle and get completely waporized lategame against upgraded units. So all in all you have like 3 minutes of edge in fight at cost of being weakened thorought whole match and losing 180MP and precious pioneer seconds.

To make tier1 useful penals need to get defined role that doesn´t overlap with conscripts and usefullness in lategame (maybe DP lmgs). Right now I´m thinking more and more that giving penals DP lmg as upgrade once they hit vet2 and tier1 light AT gun would be best idea.

Or giving them 4 PTRS at cost of 100 munnition and buff PTRS infantry vise to 20 DMG, not 10
10 Dec 2016, 12:30 PM

i just came to an idea, since penals now use satchels as AT thing, why can't PGs bundle nades, british gammon bombs work the same way? that could be interesting, despite the fact that PG's bundle nade was used as AT grenade

PG nades being bundle wouldn´t be best idea becuase of their range and schrecks.

Gammon bombs are planned to work the same way as satchel but it cannot be currently changed because relic didn´t allow them to change british hammer and they don´t want to buff hammer without nerfing it (yes it need to be nerfed [comet])
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS