Login

russian armor

WinterBalance 1.2

PAGES (11)down
10 Dec 2016, 02:58 AM

Would it be possible to add a pause system during multiplayer matches? Some moments start a game and someone has to stay afk and can not pause ... I think it would be interesting.
10 Dec 2016, 02:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2016, 02:54 AMRusskie
So........ how are people supposed to get the achievement "Torched" (Upgrade 30 Penal Battalions with flamethrowers and kill 300 infantry with Penal Battalions)?

It might still work from using Penal Battalion call-in in the campaign.
10 Dec 2016, 04:09 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

The penal satchel is next to impossible to use, not because of the range, but due to the wind up time. The only way you'll ever get that on something (even if buttoned, or snared) will be due to bad pathfinding and the vehicle being completely unsupported.

Either increase the range, since it is a "skill" based toss with a large windup time, or decrease the windup time.
10 Dec 2016, 04:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2016, 04:09 AMTric
The penal satchel is next to impossible to use, not because of the range, but due to the wind up time. The only way you'll ever get that on something (even if buttoned, or snared) will be due to bad pathfinding and the vehicle being completely unsupported.

Either increase the range, since it is a "skill" based toss with a large windup time, or decrease the windup time.

Yeah decrease the windup time while molotovs still cry in the corner.
10 Dec 2016, 04:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2016, 04:09 AMTric

I disagree, I've used penals before they were buffed and my favourite thing about them was that they were a bunker / garrison erasure. Now that they're cheaper, you'll see them being used to deny buildings by simply erasing them.
10 Dec 2016, 05:20 AM

look at new satchel
it can Change Gamma Bomb Sticky too ?
10 Dec 2016, 06:34 AM
Patrion 14

hey.

can you guys finish relic's progress on making units stop seeking for cover when firing bazooka or piat?

Royal engineers still do those dances and i think rear echs still do, too.
10 Dec 2016, 06:35 AM

It's not sticky-sticky

You aim the new satchel as the ordinary one. If it hits the tank, it stays there. Otherwise, if it misses, it stays on the ground. We did a lot of playtesting with it with Firesparks and Hector yesterday, and it is not very easy pulling this skillshot off with a 10-range.

It's just something fun to make PTRS Penals feel a bit interesting, and not like complete chumps when the heavy panzers arrive.

So will it be like the vCoH US riflemens' sticky bomb? Of course just without the point and click and it'll be a homing missile until it collides with the tank. It does really feel interesting and unique.

So its damage is 2.4x of the original AT nades right? (AT nades deal 100 damage afaik)

Nice changes, keep up the good work, I believe in you guys :wub:
10 Dec 2016, 06:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2016, 02:54 AMRusskie
So........ how are people supposed to get the achievement "Torched" (Upgrade 30 Penal Battalions with flamethrowers and kill 300 infantry with Penal Battalions)?

There are a lot of other achievements which you can't get since the changes to the game. Like the call in x partisan SMG, LMG and rifle squads and etc. Maybe if you're lucky you can get it in cheatcommands mod.
10 Dec 2016, 06:45 AM

Is there any counterplay from a vehicle being buttoned and penals walking up to it and stickying it?

Is there any counterplay to two different units being used against an unsupported vehicle?

Yes, it's called not leaving the vehicle unsupported.
10 Dec 2016, 07:36 AM

Is there any counterplay to two different units being used against an unsupported vehicle?

Yes, it's called not leaving the vehicle unsupported.

You should tell that to the crushwell.

If your answer is, don't leave your tanks unsupported ever, that means that their main strength, their mobility, is now rather useless, since you have to wait for the infantry to keep pace.

BTW its a little necessary to go in "unsupported", if your trying to get a sniper or if you're trying to flank.

10 Dec 2016, 09:16 AM

guys guys guys. penal satchel instaexplode and cause critical to tank when tank crushes thrower (like grenadier faust work).

smith why doublenerfing penals. they needed only damage reduction not both nerfs
10 Dec 2016, 09:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2016, 21:49 PMPhy
My god, giving ptrs to penals was never a good idea. PTRS should be given to cons as an upgrade in t1. Let penals play their role as an AI unit and cons as an AT unit because with these changes make cons totally stupid to build-so tank hunters doc to pick-.

do you want at weapons on 240 mp infantry with snare sprint and ridikulus vet survivability ? because this is how you get them. giving cons ptrs as core feature wouldnt be good idea
10 Dec 2016, 09:25 AM

Also how do you want to give sov tier1 counter to okw flaktrack ? flaktrack come too soon and nothing in tier1 can counter it. i can be more specific, but only later on. right now i only tell you that supress + smoke combo means almost invurability againdt ptrs penals and with that coming time you dont have to worry about lights. simpy rush cut off and gg
10 Dec 2016, 09:26 AM

Well, AA halftrack no go vs sticky satchel, or remove setup time
10 Dec 2016, 09:28 AM

do you want at weapons on 240 mp infantry with snare sprint and ridikulus vet survivability ? because this is how you get them. giving cons ptrs as core feature wouldnt be good idea

The thing is, before penals with ppshs were criticized for having same role as shocks and now with ptrs's they have the same role as guards and ptrs cons. I'm still for giving T1 M-42.
10 Dec 2016, 10:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2016, 06:35 AMDanyek

So will it be like the vCoH US riflemens' sticky bomb? Of course just without the point and click and it'll be a homing missile until it collides with the tank. It does really feel interesting and unique.

So its damage is 2.4x of the original AT nades right? (AT nades deal 100 damage afaik)

Nice changes, keep up the good work, I believe in you guys :wub:

the new satchel will be "stick on contact". It's not a heatseeker but it will stick if you manage a direct hit.

it will be easier to stick the satchel on a big fat target like the king tiger than a smaller target like the panzer 4.
Phy
10 Dec 2016, 10:17 AM

Increase cost of cons or reduce performance of ptrs on cons, easy. But with this patch cons will have no purpose. Btw in current patch you can have those OP cons with ptrs you talking about (tank hunters doc) and I dont see it as OP as you mention. You like it or no the fact is that cons have no role in winter patch.
10 Dec 2016, 10:23 AM

Also how do you want to give sov tier1 counter to okw flaktrack ? flaktrack come too soon and nothing in tier1 can counter it.

M-42 AT Gun in T1?

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2016, 10:17 AMPhy
Increase cost of cons or reduce performance of ptrs on cons, easy.

You won't to throw off the balance of a core unit like Conscripts so they can be AT Infantry?
10 Dec 2016, 10:29 AM
Donator 11

Is there any counterplay from a vehicle being buttoned and penals walking up to it and stickying it?

Yes there is. Smoke disables button.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight