Login

russian armor

Some QoL suggestions

PAGES (16)down
16 Feb 2019, 11:09 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Updated air dropped combat group icon. Second revamp of the ability without proper icon is bad, but my work here is only to provide proper solution.
-> ->

Update: since JLI not infiltration unit anymore, it should get new icon (from gamefiles)
->
28 Feb 2019, 18:29 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Voting in process, but i want to show some stuff, which can be used in future for new commanders. I would like to see this commanders with full UI support in term of proper portraits, unique shieldsymbols and skins. Last one is out of my skill level, but first two...

British Assault Infantry Section
One of them most desired unit for UKF. I've created portarits based on in-game assets, to provide better separation with regular infantry section, just like Assault Grenadiers.

For shieldsymbol i used this photo and my own memories about IS with Tommy guns in one of vCoH mods. But if you have some examples of correct symbol for assault regiment - let me know!

28 Feb 2019, 19:25 PM

Since this thread got bumped... I just had an idea today. If possible could we let engineer's be able to cut their own wire without the minesweeper upgrade? Let's just say I'm sick of accidentally wiring in my own engineers by mistake lol
28 Feb 2019, 23:34 PM

Besides the obviously great and promising work, this picture is interesting. The guy appears to be missing the magazine in his Tommy Gun.

Grenades Pack first iteration

Flame grenades

Most of these icons look fantastic. One bit of feedback on the flame nades though: might want to consider changing the back ground to something more of a "cartoony" resemblance of a (camp) fire (like the icon on the flame grenade itself). On my first impression, it is not immediately clear the one on the right is supposed to be a Molotov and that the grenade's purpose is flame-based. The back ground looks more like an explosion than a fire. Basically I'd suggest something like this (but more realistic looking):

Somewhat similar there is the back ground for the Anti-Tank grenades also being an explosion and thus being a bit vague on immediately expressing its purpose. Since (afaik) they are all HEAT type weapons, you could see to replace the back ground with a shaped charge like icon, like this:

28 Feb 2019, 23:39 PM

Here's the version of the Assault Section symbol from my mod:

Also, have you considered the general lack of portraits the British suffer from? Their MGs and mortars just reuse the Infantry Section one. I'd like to see your take on those.

Besides the obviously great and promising work, this picture is interesting. The guy appears to be missing the magazine in his Tommy Gun.

He also seems to be ignoring the pistol grips! maybe this guy needed a bit more training.
1 Mar 2019, 11:46 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Since this thread got bumped... I just had an idea today. If possible could we let engineer's be able to cut their own wire without the minesweeper upgrade? Let's just say I'm sick of accidentally wiring in my own engineers by mistake lol

Sounds good, i will add it to the list! Thank you very much! ^_^

Most of these icons look fantastic. One bit of feedback on the flame nades though: might want to consider changing the back ground to something more of a "cartoony" resemblance of a (camp) fire (like the icon on the flame grenade itself). On my first impression, it is not immediately clear the one on the right is supposed to be a Molotov and that the grenade's purpose is flame-based. The back ground looks more like an explosion than a fire. Basically I'd suggest something like this (but more realistic looking):

Somewhat similar there is the back ground for the Anti-Tank grenades also being an explosion and thus being a bit vague on immediately expressing its purpose. Since (afaik) they are all HEAT type weapons, you could see to replace the back ground with a shaped charge like icon, like this:

Thank you, i've already got some ideas with AT-nades, based on your proposal. Will be in the second itteration!

Here's the version of the Assault Section symbol from my mod:

So, not only me went this way, btw good work!:D

Also, have you considered the general lack of portraits the British suffer from? Their MGs and mortars just reuse the Infantry Section one. I'd like to see your take on those.

Not only UKF, but OKW too. I didn't touch this issue because there is no 3D-Models with ammo belts and backpacks for mortar shells.
SneakEye already created portraits for UKF MG crew and Mortar team, and for OKW as well. You can found them in All-Units mod. Even several variants, based on Commandos!
Also, as far as i know, Commanders from the Past mod also has his own variants of these portraits.

I can create my own variants, but they will strongly overlapping with these ones.
1 Mar 2019, 12:40 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

SneakEye already created portraits for UKF MG crew and Mortar team, and for OKW as well. You can found them in All-Units mod. Even several variants, based on Commandos!
Also, as far as i know, Commanders from the Past mod also has his own variants of these portraits.

I can create my own variants, but they will strongly overlapping with these ones.

Here you go :)

1 Mar 2019, 16:53 PM
18 Mar 2019, 07:14 AM

The new USF tech does not have any voice line or animation so it difficult to understand when it completed. Can we get a voice line?
18 Mar 2019, 08:59 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2019, 07:14 AMVipper
The new USF tech does not have any voice line or animation so it difficult to understand when it completed. Can we get a voice line?

I am not well informed about possibility to code phrases for units, abilities and so on, but it is a good catch! I suppose it's possible, becase in 2016 were added some special voicelines for StuPa and Panther.
Oct. 25th Update
Fixed a bug where the Brummbar and Panther were using incorrect speech lines

Also, Thunderhun collected some issues with voicelines, and i added them to the first post. In addition, Ostruppen's MG 42 upgrade doesn't have any voice lines iirc, and soviet commissar too.

Thank you, i will add it to the list! :)
22 Mar 2019, 20:50 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Some assets as a suggestion for commanders patch:

Portraits for Tiger with WFA background

New icon for Tiger Ace without vetstars. i made two variants: with and without acesymbol (like on shieldsymbol).
22 Mar 2019, 21:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Woooo baybee, why does that Balkenkreuz work so well?

23 Mar 2019, 19:21 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Achilles I portraits

Paradropped DShK

Updated Tiger Ace icon (moved symbol to match with other icons)
23 Mar 2019, 19:59 PM
Senior Editor Badge

3in SPM M10 Mk I name for M10 british tank
23 Mar 2019, 20:26 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2019, 19:59 PMnigo
3in SPM M10 Mk I name for M10 british tank

The name "Achilles" was officialy a designation applied to both the 3-inch gun and 17 pounder versions (as Achilles I/II and Achilles Ic/IIc respectively) but was little used during the Second World War; at the time, the vehicle was called 17 pounder M10, or 17 pounder SP M10, or even occasionally, "Firefly". it has since become identified almost exclusively with the 17 pounder version.

Source

So, i wasn't mistaken actually :)
23 Mar 2019, 20:29 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Source

So, i wasn't mistaken actually :)

Achilles I is a good idea too.
25 Mar 2019, 08:20 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Red Army Paratroopers V1
I've used some assets from the game and Kasarov's collection. Variant with "Ushanka" not match with model, but easily recognizable when compared with winter sniper.

And "Off" varaint for Tiger Ace Spearhead ability. Before it used placeholder.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 96
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak