Login

russian armor

Some QoL suggestions

PAGES (16)down
24 Feb 2017, 20:06 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Another one so I don't forget.

Certain units (e.g., AT guns) need hold fire.

- Either make a tri-state (hold fire/prioritise vehicles/fire-at will) toggle ability.

Or:

- Simply add a hold fire ability to the side
- Turn the overhead prioritise vehicle icon into the Brace-emplacements lock (this will free up overhead icon space)

I will add it as separate suggestion.

- Abandoned vehicles should retain their previous state (so that you don't have to constantly reactivate hold-fire for USF vehicles)

That too.

Finally, for handbrake:
- Substitute overhead "ban" icon with shield-decorator brace lock

I have one idea. Opel Blitzs abillity working like handbrake, we can make in the same stylization new icon with shield (or arrow down) for "ban" and arrow up for "Unban".
Or like for KV-2:
Ban - units wheels colored red
Unban - units wheels colored green
But we need to find neutral vechicle silhouette for one general icon for all.
BTW i will look tomorrow morning icons in gamefiles, maybe i will find something :)

24 Feb 2017, 20:49 PM

Another one so I don't forget.

Certain units (e.g., AT guns) need hold fire.

- Either make a tri-state (hold fire/prioritise vehicles/fire-at will) toggle ability.

Just don´t. Unwanted artifficial micro is driving me mad, Imagine you will have to make it priorise vehicles in matter of second and you must go throught hold fire.

Things like this are driving me mad. And you don´t want to see agressive swine ;)
24 Feb 2017, 23:01 PM

Just don´t. Unwanted artifficial micro is driving me mad, Imagine you will have to make it priorise vehicles in matter of second and you must go throught hold fire.

Things like this are driving me mad. And you don´t want to see agressive swine ;)

I think so too. That's why I would go for the 2-button solution. It's easier to control.

Do you think it would be easy/acceptable to keep track of prioritise vehicles with the brace lock icon (on the portrait, not the overhead icon) instead of the yellow vehicle overhead icon?
25 Feb 2017, 07:27 AM

I think so too. That's why I would go for the 2-button solution. It's easier to control.

Do you think it would be easy/acceptable to keep track of prioritise vehicles with the brace lock icon (on the portrait, not the overhead icon) instead of the yellow vehicle overhead icon?

Sorry I,cannot imagine it without real buttons (you can use concept from existing ones). But i think yes. Everything will be better than curent icons. Its so messy
25 Feb 2017, 09:16 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I have found only variant in game files, shich can be used as handbrake icon - it is icon for AEC 1 vet abillity.

It need to be upgraded. How i see it:
In top right corner icon has lock. When abillity off, lock is closed, when abillity is active - lock is open.
Track should be colored. When abillity off, track is red, when abillity is active - track is green.

And during the search i have found right icon for Opel Blitz, but it need to be upgraded too (need to add fuel and ammo emblems to show, what this Opel Blitz is doing)

28 Feb 2017, 10:31 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Thanks to the Kasarov, we have unique shieldsymbol for Guard Assault Infantry:

And i have made new icon for M5 Assault Group:

Check his thread:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/59479/victorious-day-art-assets

28 Feb 2017, 13:12 PM

Is it possible to auto spawn all AT guns with prioritize vehicles on?
Nobody uses AT gun against inf and if they do it, they can simply deactivate the state.
Otherwise in 99,99% of all cases, people activate vehicle priorization as soon as the AT gun hits the field.
Currently it just creates artificial micro without any usefulness.

Also, is it possible to fix the bug(?) that snipers deactive their 'hold fire' ability after retreating?
28 Feb 2017, 13:16 PM

Is it possible to auto spawn all AT guns with prioritize vehicles on?
Nobody uses AT gun against inf and if they do it, they can simply deactivate the state.
Otherwise in 99,99% of all cases, people activate vehicle priorization as soon as the AT gun hits the field.
Currently it just creates artificial micro without any usefulness.

Also, is it possible to fix the bug(?) that snipers deactive their 'hold fire' ability after retreating?

We planning on doing something like this for the patch immediately after WBP. First we want to make sure that the existing payload (bugfixes and balance changes) make it through in one piece. Then we can start experimenting with some hold-fire/prioritisation changes we have been hatching.

The usefulness of AT guns being able to engage all targets become clear when you are fighting vs sim city (Brits/OKW). You don't always have vision on the target, while you also have to move your AT to dodge artillery.
28 Feb 2017, 13:21 PM

We planning on doing something like this for the patch immediately after WBP. First we want to make sure that the existing payload (bugfixes and balance changes) make it through in one piece. Then we can start experimenting with some hold-fire/prioritisation changes we have been hatching.

The usefulness of AT guns being able to engage all targets become clear when you are fighting vs sim city (Brits/OKW). You don't always have vision on the target, while you also have to move your AT to dodge artillery.

ATG Imo need to be able to set up but follow targets if the target moves outside the cone (like the early behavior where an ATG would set up after an attack/move order )
28 Feb 2017, 14:06 PM

Thanks for your reply! I know that AT guns need to fight other stuff besides vehicles too, but as a usability designer, I tend to say that 99,9% of AT guns will get the prioritize vehicles directly after spawn (micro intensive) and the use case of a AT gun is to fight vehicles primarily. So IF a AT gun has to fight something beside vehicles, you can always deactivate the prioritize vehicle status.

Currently the AT guns spawn with the use case "Fight against everything", while their primary use case is "Fight against vehicles", hence I suggest toggling the prioritize vehicle from the start :-)
28 Feb 2017, 14:28 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I am going to add this and some other suggestions to the first post when will be at home
28 Feb 2017, 16:00 PM

Just wanted to say the patch looks really nice. Considering the limited scope, I think you guys have done a lot to improve the game so thanks for all your efforts. Looking forward to playing it when it goes live!
28 Feb 2017, 16:19 PM

Not sure if this could qualify as QoL but have you given any thought to enabling team weapons dying in buildings to be recaptured? Either by spawning the weapon at the door or some other mechanism? It feels really arbitrary the way it is now, and the game already seems to keep track of these abandoned weapons judging by the white outline of the building.
5 Mar 2017, 11:05 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Added some issues for OKW:

Pak 43
Using Ostheer crew instead of OKW crew. At the same time leFH 18 using OKW crew.

Sappers on repair stations and near the SWs truck.
Instead of OKW sappers used Ostheer sappers.

And new variant for Ostheer Opel Blitz call-in icon
5 Mar 2017, 11:12 AM

Fix the OKW officer who does not provide the correct bonuses to OKW support weapons (LEIG)
5 Mar 2017, 11:27 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2017, 11:12 AMVipper
Fix the OKW officer who does not provide the correct bonuses to OKW support weapons (LEIG)

Is it design issue? Maybe is it a bug, or balance decision?
5 Mar 2017, 11:56 AM

Is it design issue? Maybe is it a bug, or balance decision?

its more of bug. Leig is not classified as mortar type weapon.
7 Mar 2017, 22:34 PM

Valentine can use the smoke screen button but will not fire the smoke if in "observation mode". The button should either not be available during observation mode or the ability should work during that mode.

Valentine also lack lucks indicator similar to 251/20 for angle and range of the "radar" observation mode.
9 Mar 2017, 19:28 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2017, 11:12 AMVipper

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2017, 22:34 PMVipper
Valentine can use the smoke screen button but will not fire the smoke if in "observation mode". The button should either not be available during observation mode or the ability should work during that mode.

Valentine also lack lucks indicator similar to 251/20 for angle and range of the "radar" observation mode.

Added

New design suggestion, many thanks to Kasarov
At the moment, all WFA and UKF engineers have their unique shieldsymbol, but soviet engineers and ostheer pioneers don't.

This injustice should be fixed:

Icons:

Shieldsymbols:
9 Mar 2017, 20:00 PM

Added

New design suggestion, many thanks to Kasarov
At the moment, all WFA and UKF engineers have their unique shieldsymbol, but soviet engineers and ostheer pioneers don't.

This injustice should be fixed:

Icons:

Shieldsymbols:

Maybe a little adjustment of the emblem of Soviet engineers:
Emblem 1 - Main Engineering Management, emblem of the Engineer Troops of the Red Army.
emblem 2 - separate engineer companies of infantry divisions

PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight