Login

russian armor

Winter Balance Patch: Wrong Direction?

26 Nov 2016, 19:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Cruzz, Luvnest, Helping Hans, Devm and Jesulin were contacted and gave some feedback, but did no play testing with us. Pretty sure Jove doesn't speak much English.

For some reason my name is there :wub:

I'm not playing as much as i used to, i'm not on that level and i've quite given on 1v1 for some time. I followthe scene n have some knowledge but there's little reason to add me on that list.

@Smith Regarding combat status, does it only apply when someone is targeting the sniper directly or it can be triggered indirectly (indirect fire/scatter shots?).
If i shoot at an AT-Gun which is not on prioritize i won't be able to recloak right?
26 Nov 2016, 20:32 PM

For some reason my name is there :wub:

I'm not playing as much as i used to, i'm not on that level and i've quite given on 1v1 for some time. I followthe scene n have some knowledge but there's little reason to add me on that list.

@Smith Regarding combat status, does it only apply when someone is targeting the sniper directly or it can be triggered indirectly (indirect fire/scatter shots?).
If i shoot at an AT-Gun which is not on prioritize i won't be able to recloak right?

I'll have to test this out when I Have time.

However, I am 99% sure that AoE will knock the enemy target into combat status. I not exactly sure about targeting. If there is one thing that concerns me about the new stealth mechanics is "bushwhacking" the enemy out of stealth with indirect fire.

I have found a parameter called "causes combat" which might be able to adjust what kind of AoE can cause combat or not. I haven't tested it though.

For reasons that should be obvious to anyone, I am not going to go through the effort of adjusting the 50-something or so different types of indirect fire weapons, until I have a good indication that the stealth changes are here to stay.
26 Nov 2016, 23:14 PM
Patrion 14

Large teamgames are structurally impossible to balance, not to mention they are a shitshow that make a farce out of everything that makes the Coh franchise attractive and unique (flanking, timing, cover usage etc) to begin with. Sorry if I come off like an elitist jerk...but thats the way it actually is. ;)

maybe you should play some large modes first.
27 Nov 2016, 02:30 AM

?Panther:The disgrace of the fatherland.

Historical accuracy... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On a serious note, the patch was intended to fix mostly infantry and some light vehicle problems. While I don't agree with many of the changes made, it indeed does make sense to concentrate on certain areas of the game to fix first, in order to be able to determine cause and effect of each change. This is actually hard enough as it is with such a large patch, which is why I don't think many of the intended ideas will work in any shape or form.
27 Nov 2016, 05:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2016, 12:11 PMCresc
Whatever, just go get some games in 1v1, learn to play and post your player card when you can show something convincing.

If you are going to discredit peoople for their lack of a visible playercard, then you should have a decent playercard yourself, which is not the case here.

400+ games as the soviets and around 100 games as OST. That ratio proves your bias and invalidates your feedback.

Also 1v1 players poop too and their shit stinks as well. They are irrelevant, only around 100 people play 1v1.
27 Nov 2016, 05:15 AM

penals are anti inf only..realy expensive to buy really expensive to reinforce...there was no need for a nerf like this for them or even riflemen...this is wrong direction foreal... I kinda liked how the balance was.. the only reason I play was because I feel like the balance is ok. things are in time for a change but this is to much
27 Nov 2016, 05:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2016, 23:14 PMpigsoup

maybe you should play some large modes first.

this guy talks out of his ass all the time...

Team games are great, and they DO require a lot of skill, just not the same exact pallete of skills of 1v1s.

only mode that is really bad is 3v3 because all maps sucks ass.

talking about maps, when are they going to unfuck the maplist of matchmaking? it's full of bad maps.
27 Nov 2016, 05:59 AM

penals are anti inf only..realy expensive to buy really expensive to reinforce...there was no need for a nerf like this for them or even riflemen...this is wrong direction foreal... I kinda liked how the balance was.. the only reason I play was because I feel like the balance is ok. things are in time for a change but this is to much

gotta love how this happens and PGrens are getting buffed, they are already insane, best infantry on the game by far.
27 Nov 2016, 07:33 AM

When I saw Mr. Smith's name on list of people helping with balance, I have to admit I was relieved. Good forbid they leave it up to the community to decide. PG best infantry in the game? Come on, man.

Also, I don't consider the puma changes a nerf. Mgs now target with the vehicle toggle on and the main gun scatter was tightened up. Seems to me like a win-win.
27 Nov 2016, 09:16 AM
Patrion 14

yep. i trust the three community members to make the more unbiased decision than vast majority here, including me.
27 Nov 2016, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2016, 09:16 AMpigsoup
yep. i trust the three community members to make the more unbiased decision than vast majority here, including me.
My gripe is that they absolutely ignore the mid to lategame phase of the game. In 2vs2+ the game is incredibly easy for Brits due to the facts that when speaking about cost efficiency and general utility:

Centaur > Ostwind
Cromwell > Panzer IV
Firefly > StuG, Jagdpanzer IV
Comet > Panther

The least that could be done would be to give the Ostheer Panther the OKW Panther stats (more accurate MGs etc.). Not even the horrible accuracy on the move was fixed.

I hope these guys haven´t finished the patch yet and are starting early and are still going to fix the late game at a later stage.
27 Nov 2016, 10:51 AM

It's Putin's fault...
27 Nov 2016, 11:06 AM

For the most part, I like it. Pleasant surprise all in all.
27 Nov 2016, 13:25 PM

Nothing about conscript, nothing about grenadier, nothing about IS, nothing about pigsoup wage, rip sov rip wehr ded gaem thx lelic

Ps: Pervitin, when ?
27 Nov 2016, 18:18 PM

The RIGHT direction:

Satchel Charges may target vehicles. Behavior to mimic sticky bombs.

:megusta:
27 Nov 2016, 18:40 PM

Some new notes added guys. Feel free to comment on them.
27 Nov 2016, 20:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The RIGHT direction:

Satchel Charges may target vehicles. Behavior to mimic sticky bombs.

:megusta:

You mean CoH1's stickies? Maaaannnnn those would be hard to use with Penal's Satchels' range. Riflemen practically had to get into Penal Satchel range in the first place to ensure they would get to throw it if the vehicle was moving at all, compared to CoH2's "If firing animation starts, it will hit".
27 Nov 2016, 20:36 PM

I want all modes to be looked at because all modes are popular. Its one thing to neglect a game mode if its not popular, but unfortunately they're all popular. It's not fair that team game players have to suffer for a better 1v1 balance.

We discussed the problems with team games and a lot of it has to with god awful map design, especially when many are too darn small and cache share. We should tone down Game changing abilities that cost 200 mu 300mu or something.
27 Nov 2016, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2016, 20:23 PMVuther

You mean CoH1's stickies? Maaaannnnn those would be hard to use with Penal's Satchels' range. Riflemen practically had to get into Penal Satchel range in the first place to ensure they would get to throw it if the vehicle was moving at all, compared to CoH2's "If firing animation starts, it will hit".

Precisely.

It was a great mechanic that worked quite beautifully. I've been sad to see no equivalent and the prevalence of easy-fire snares.
13 Dec 2016, 16:23 PM

Some new notes added guys. Feel free to comment on them.

You guys are forgetting that Relic gave them a scope.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★