Login

russian armor

Winter Balance Preview Changelog

PAGES (23)down
26 Nov 2016, 16:54 PM
Senior Caster Badge

this is exactly how i feel. And soviet enginers, get no love and still they lost every engangement against pios before this patch.

Regardless of the fact that Combat Engineers only cost 170 manpower, yes Pioneers will duel well vs Combat Engineers and Rear Echelon, but Rear Echelon and Combat engineers have far better map pressure by being able to fight versus combat squads by using heavy cover and garrisons. Something that Pioneers can not do. As it is in the live game, Pioneers will never win vs Cons or Riflemen, even after a perfect Ambush.

Furthermore, Pioneers have worse synergy with Flamers not only because their MP40's have neglible medium range damage, which is where Flamers are generally used, but Combat Engineers can be merged by Concripts.
26 Nov 2016, 16:55 PM

Was repair rates looked at between the engineers?
26 Nov 2016, 17:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Will definitely check it out
26 Nov 2016, 17:08 PM

found a bug wih the ass grens:

when you launch the ass-nade ability and cancel it after they threw like 4 nades then u can immediately throw another 5 right after it. u can most likely repeat this endlessly and u lose no ammo for throwing 4 nades. so u can trow infinte nades for like no ammo cost and no cooldown. its really awesome to abuse but maybe better to take out the mod Kappa won me a game i most likely lost xD

PS: as reward would love to see this game casted :blush: its my first 1v1 im like months and the number i played are countable on 1 hand. curious how i did besides the bug.

Thx for the heads up!

Apparently the AssGren nade bug is an already-existing bug in the live version that we weren't aware of.
26 Nov 2016, 17:12 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

HTflame WER needs a nerf in double flames
26 Nov 2016, 17:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Why you guys decide to nerf quad ?
26 Nov 2016, 17:23 PM

Gonna point out that kv1 and kv2 needs some kind of change to get more usage
26 Nov 2016, 17:26 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I think this is more of a test case for Relic if they can trust balance changes to the community. If what you wanted fixed didn't get included this time, doesn't mean it isn't a known issue.

This.
26 Nov 2016, 18:21 PM

It's really exciting to finally have this launched, we've been working on it for about a month now.

Just please bare in mind that since this patch was under official direction of Relic we were very limited and only able go make changes along the specific scopes of Light Tanks/Vehicles, Squad Formations & Clumping, USF Mortar, Penals & Guards, and Wehrmacht Infantry Scaling. So please leave feedback to specifically those changes and not about all the other priority issues that need changing too.

Yes there's so many more issues that need fixing, and this patch will have some consequences of its own, but it's certainly a huge step forward. If this patch goes well as all is smooth, we might be able to do more of these down the line.

you should just cast and nothing else. trust me.
26 Nov 2016, 18:24 PM

Overall I think it was a good start. Many things that were asked of the times were made as mortars nerf, stuarts, possibility of equipping two guns in usf squads, UKF PIATS nerf, panter, STUG. They improved AI behaviors that compromised the game as the tendency to agglutinate units due to the change of direction in which they moved. It was one of the few patches I saw correct so much critical that was acclaimed by the community. Not that I agree with everything ne, hehe. But it was a good start. I hope relic continued to listen to the community and experienced players in analyzing these issues as responsible for this patch.
26 Nov 2016, 18:48 PM

Gonna point out that kv1 and kv2 needs some kind of change to get more usage
Kv1 is a forgotten unit.
26 Nov 2016, 18:53 PM

Sov mortar now is kinda meh after nerfs. Guards are too expensive. Penals are kinda meh too. Will test another things later
26 Nov 2016, 18:57 PM

Permanently Banned

According to this guys relic should remove axis lol

Can you say what wrong with quad ?
26 Nov 2016, 19:09 PM

Can you say what wrong with quad ?

Easy suppressing vehicle while moving so it need downstep a bit i think :)
26 Nov 2016, 19:11 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Thx for the heads up!

Apparently the AssGren nade bug is an already-existing bug in the live version that we weren't aware of.

Futher research told us (my bro and me) that the grenades do actually cost 45 ammo (in the live version) no matter how many grenades you throw. So you don't have to look into that.
Only cool down is bugged.
26 Nov 2016, 19:16 PM
Donator 11

Do the M5 changes mean 3 out of 10 shot it fires are going to shoot down the plane? Doesn't it make the quad best AA in the game as it fires 4 mgs at the time? Correct me if I understand the stat wrong :P
26 Nov 2016, 19:16 PM
Senior Referee Badge

As it is in the live game, Pioneers will never win vs Cons or Riflemen, even after a perfect Ambush.

Combat Engi's don't win 1v1 against a grenadier either i believe. So thats a bit of a bad argument imo ^^
Tell me if im wrong though ;)
26 Nov 2016, 19:18 PM

Do the M5 changes mean 3 out of 10 shot it fires are going to shoot down the plane? Doesn't it make the quad best AA in the game as it fires 4 mgs at the time? Correct me if I understand the stat wrong :P

Technically, the whole structure counts as one MG. It will indeed need some toning down, maybe by 4-5 times though. It will require a bit of testing to find the right value for it though (the performance is purely RNG based).

Do note that the USF M15 also knocks planes down extremely fast.
26 Nov 2016, 19:44 PM
Donator 11

Technically, the whole structure counts as one MG. It will indeed need some toning down, maybe by 4-5 times though. It will require a bit of testing to find the right value for it though (the performance is purely RNG based).

Do note that the USF M15 also knocks planes down extremely fast.

Just to make sure we understand ourselves - now , with the gun getting nerfs against infantry and LVs getting better armour, the performance of the gun agaist ground target may be questionary.

Having that in mind I'm not agaist quad being best AA in the game, actually I think that is what it deserves if the nerfs are here to stay. Just wondered, if it is really the case and if it is intended to be like that. So if it is going to get any AA nerfs, I would like it to still be top notch of its class, especially as it is one of the most expensive and doesn't get much more than AA now.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS