Login

russian armor

Any news on possible upcoming balance patch?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
Only Relic postRelic 18 Nov 2016, 22:11 PM
Developer Relic Badge

last time i checked, you don't work for free to get your stuff "approved" by a boss.

Relic gives to these community balancer a real power and no approval needed or just fuck off, that's how it works.

if kyle disagree, he can still come here and explain us why he should still approove things ...
oh wait, he is not even on this forum.

nothing personnal against kyle or relic, just common sense.

Lolz, yeah, what could possibly go wrong?
18 Nov 2016, 22:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2016, 22:10 PMVuther

I was referring to this woman as well.

Oh I see, that's interesting to know, but I'm more of a "2D > 3D " guy~
Also relic post PogChamp
19 Nov 2016, 21:44 PM

the entire point of the US faction is using rifles and REs to quickly take the map and then out tech the opponent while inflicting heavy MP bleed. the US mortar is very nice and rounds the faction out but it disregards all previous balance changes to the game.

T0 M3 halftrack with current stats and tie mortar to a 70 muni fighting position upgrade.
19 Nov 2016, 21:49 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Just saying guys: read the title of this thread.
Lets get back to topic ;)
20 Nov 2016, 01:16 AM

I removed it because of the contents of the entire post and given the fact that you attack Kyle despite the fact he has not at any point indicated that he is trying the balance the game like you accuse him of doing. I don't want to negotiate some kind of truce with you or make you like me, I want to ensure the discussion is going somewhere productive, and thus far your contributions have been doing more damage than good.
20 Nov 2016, 12:16 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2016, 22:11 PMKyle_RE

Lolz, yeah, what could possibly go wrong?

you are absolutely right! relic patches have always been perfect, while community patches have been buginfested clownfiestas with gamebreaking "on me", "veterancy" and "combined arms" bugs. shame on you, cruzz and miragefla!
20 Nov 2016, 12:57 PM

you are absolutely right! relic patches have always been perfect, while community patches have been buginfested clownfiestas with gamebreaking "on me", "veterancy" and "combined arms" bugs. shame on you, cruzz and miragefla!

I think perhaps, Kyle was making a joke.
20 Nov 2016, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2016, 12:57 PMSwift

I think perhaps, Kyle was making a joke.

He sure has with all these patches lol
20 Nov 2016, 13:51 PM

They're not his patches. If you want to direct your anger at someone then he's completely unworthy of it. As Stormless said, he's the one responsible for getting the community balance team in place.
20 Nov 2016, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2016, 13:51 PMSwift
They're not his patches. If you want to direct your anger at someone then he's completely unworthy of it. As Stormless said, he's the one responsible for getting the community balance team in place.

YES !
Kyle has done GREAT things for COH2 and nobody can deny it :

ESL - WPC - Using community mod to balance

and on the other hand, Relic (not sure if it's kyle fault) has fcked up VERY HARD on other things :

USF mortar bugged for at least a month before a hotfix goes out
Everyone agree that USF mortar is OP but still nothing done since months.

Do you have an idea how long it took me to get inside coh2 database and adjust USF 81 mm mortar AOE and rate of fire ? less than 10 min.

i don't have studies in computers or anything, i just needed 15 min to learn how to use mod tool and fix usf mortar.

So the question is : Why isn't it already fixed ?

Why the hell, with no knowledge in game programming, with a hard work (~10hrs/day) i can still make better than RELIC ?

Swiftsabre : i tried to avoid Flamming/Trolling. Please don't remove it.
if needed, just send me a pm and i will immediately remove/rewritte the 'flamming' part.
20 Nov 2016, 14:49 PM

Yes, we also remember Kappatch.

While it's baffling the time it takes to implement a change on Relic's end, modding the game is a module of the game itself. Making actual changes to the final game code is a little bit more convoluted.

And it should take you well less than five minutes to change the mortar unless your computer takes forever to load the editors.
20 Nov 2016, 14:59 PM

Making actual changes to the final game code is a little bit more convoluted.

well, you are wrong, everything is located in a simple dll.
the one which set stats (like usf mortar aoe), if i remember correctly is attributes.dll which can be opened and modified by relic as easily as we do for mods.

the only difference is that there is an encrypt/decrypt key to make sure people can't modify it by themselves.

in fact, the only change in the coh 2 directory if there was a patch on usf mortar would be this file (a few MB) and would be done in a few minutes.

Btw, it took me 15 min, because i had to read a tutorial on how to use it first.
20 Nov 2016, 15:04 PM

I just wonder 2 things...

Why it takes months to fix USF mortar?
Who is in charge in terms of balance?
20 Nov 2016, 19:03 PM

YES !
Kyle has done GREAT things for COH2 and nobody can deny it :

ESL - WPC - Using community mod to balance

and on the other hand, Relic (not sure if it's kyle fault) has fcked up VERY HARD on other things :

USF mortar bugged for at least a month before a hotfix goes out
Everyone agree that USF mortar is OP but still nothing done since months.

Do you have an idea how long it took me to get inside coh2 database and adjust USF 81 mm mortar AOE and rate of fire ? less than 10 min.

i don't have studies in computers or anything, i just needed 15 min to learn how to use mod tool and fix usf mortar.

So the question is : Why isn't it already fixed ?

Why the hell, with no knowledge in game programming, with a hard work (~10hrs/day) i can still make better than RELIC ?

Swiftsabre : i tried to avoid Flamming/Trolling. Please don't remove it.
if needed, just send me a pm and i will immediately remove/rewritte the 'flamming' part.

I totally agree man. There are way too many Relic apologists here. It's like how a beaten housewife will make excuses and defend their abuse.

Because it takes 6 months (probably more when we're done) to deal with an op USF mortar but only a few days to patch the game for new skins and dlc, tells you all you need to know if you are willing to look.
Phy
20 Nov 2016, 20:00 PM

Game dead. Keep moving boys, nothing to see here.
20 Nov 2016, 20:12 PM

I honestly think the game could be quite balanced with only a few core units in mind. This could have been easily dealt with by a hotfix.

The US mortar should be in line with the other factions mortars.

Ostheer Panther should get the OKW Panther stats.

And Brens and Bars should be limited to one per squad.

See how it goes from there.

A real patch could then fix all other issues such as underperforming doctrines, Maximspam etc.
20 Nov 2016, 20:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2016, 20:00 PMPhy
Game dead. Keep moving boys, nothing to see here.

+1 Only sensible message. ))
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight