Login

russian armor

Any news on possible upcoming balance patch?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
20 Nov 2016, 20:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2016, 20:00 PMPhy
Game dead. Keep moving boys, nothing to see here.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2016, 20:15 PMKirill

+1 Only sensible message. ))

Bye bye guys.

20 Nov 2016, 20:43 PM

#neverhate
20 Nov 2016, 20:59 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2016, 12:57 PMSwift

I think perhaps, Kyle was making a joke.

yes, i understood his comment as ironic, which it should not have been, hence my answer

They're not his patches.

then who is responsible for the balance patches?

20 Nov 2016, 20:59 PM

Don't allow your personal views to get in the way of balance. You will also note that the green bar below my name means that I work to improve the community experience on this site in different ways.
It does not mean I am somehow perfect, there is not even a long written test I have to pass to get the green bar.

Mate, while I disagree with most of the things you post, I wouldn't have anyone else with that bar.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2016, 22:11 PMKyle_RE

Lolz, yeah, what could possibly go wrong?

GASP!
So he DOES browse the forums!
20 Nov 2016, 21:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2016, 20:12 PMButcher
I honestly think the game could be quite balanced with only a few core units in mind. This could have been easily dealt with by a hotfix.

The US mortar should be in line with the other factions mortars.

Ostheer Panther should get the OKW Panther stats.

And Brens and Bars should be limited to one per squad.

See how it goes from there.

A real patch could then fix all other issues such as underperforming doctrines, Maximspam etc.

Agree on everything.

It looks like everyone knows what need to be fixed right now, but not relic :lol:

so people are going to say "balance is not so easy, need time and test and ...".
just fuck off.

Skins are more 'tested' than balance patch :jk:

if i remember correctly, in 2013 when there was all these hype about coh2, relic promised us 5 full years of support and patch. Does someone remember it also or maybe it's just my memory ?

if it's true, then it's called a scam and i would never buy anything anymore from a scammer company like RELIC (SEGA).
20 Nov 2016, 21:57 PM

Agree on everything.

It looks like everyone knows what need to be fixed right now, but not relic :lol:

so people are going to say "balance is not so easy, need time and test and ...".
just fuck off.

Skins are more 'tested' than balance patch :jk:

if i remember correctly, in 2013 when there was all these hype about coh2, relic promised us 5 full years of support and patch. Does someone remember it also or maybe it's just my memory ?

if it's true, then it's called a scam and i would never buy anything anymore from a scammer company like RELIC (SEGA).

Relic is like the brand Trust, which is demonized by the catchphrase `Never Trust it`.
20 Nov 2016, 22:28 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Actually, Relic promised a historicaly accurate game about Eastern Front... with British and US soldiers in USSR and Soviet Forces in Western Europe :lol:

Why i have said that - Relic can change their plans and interpreting their promises as they would like.
22 Nov 2016, 01:23 AM

How are they a "scammer company"?
They got bought by another company. The vision/mission/values ALWAYS change when a merger happens; pls dont bash the few that are left supporting the community.

Actually, Relic promised a historicaly accurate game about Eastern Front...

Why i have said that - Relic can change their plans and interpreting their promises as they would like.

They did?? Do you have link?

+1 on plans (and you can change yours too)
22 Nov 2016, 05:47 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

How are they a "scammer company"?
They got bought by another company. The vision/mission/values ALWAYS change when a merger happens; pls dont bash the few that are left supporting the community.

They did?? Do you have link?

+1 on plans (and you can change yours too)

All their PR from 2012 up to end of 2013 was based on thing "This is not another one game about D-Day". I have found some interviews from this time from QDuffy:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/04/eastern-promises-company-of-heroes-2-interview/
http://www.pcinvasion.com/company-of-heroes-with-game-director-quinn-duffy

And one article about scandal around historical inaccurate: http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/25/4553536/is-company-of-heroes-2-anti-russian.

Also, i am not even touch the fact, that this game evolved from game about Eastern Front to the game about World War 2, but without japanese.
22 Nov 2016, 06:51 AM
Donator 22

I just wonder 2 things...

Why it takes months to fix USF mortar?

for the mortar...Relic posted on twitter a couple of month ago that the USF mortar is "balanced" or "adjusted" :foreveralone: I remember gadaffi posted this here.
22 Nov 2016, 08:48 AM

Permanently Banned

for the mortar...Relic posted on twitter a couple of month ago that the USF mortar is "balanced" or "adjusted" :foreveralone: I remember gadaffi posted this here.

They know exactly what is wrong with the balance, which units are broken and what factions are unplayable. IT IS THEIR GAME.

They are intentionally leaving it in its current cancerous state in order to shrink the number of online players and cut the costs of servers, which is the only remaining area still supported, and save that money for DoW3. And damn it is working. No more than 3000 players online average while it used to be 6000-7000+.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2016, 22:11 PMKyle_RE

Lolz, yeah, what could possibly go wrong?

Thanks for engaging the community. If you don't mind, we need an answer as what happened to the 5 years plan promised by your studio director;

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-29-relics-five-year-plan-for-company-of-heroes-2

Hopefully you won't go back to hibernation.

Code
2014 + 5 = 2019
22 Nov 2016, 09:40 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

They know exactly what is wrong with the balance, which units are broken and what factions are unplayable. IT IS THEIR GAME.

They are intentionally leaving it in its current cancerous state in order to shrink the number of online players and cut the costs of servers, which is the only remaining area still supported, and save that money for DoW3. And damn it is working. No more than 3000 players online average while it used to be 6000-7000+.

Thanks for engaging the community. If you don't mind, we need an answer as what happened to the 5 years plan promised by your studio director;

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-29-relics-five-year-plan-for-company-of-heroes-2

Fix it for you
Code
201[b]3[/b] + 5 = 201[b]8[/b]

Agreed! But as i have said - Relic can change their plans and interpreting their promises as they would like.
And don't forget - the only guy, who still rarely connect with community - Kyle. All other people (include Duffy) give this game up. His(Duffy) promises hang in the air. Even promises from Kyle hang in the air (roadmap for example).
So many plans were ruined or changed in this game.
1. Theater of war - abandoned in 2013.
2. Leveling system - ruined with Warspoil integration.
3. Intel bulletins - mostly outdated.
4. Warspoil - work as intended only in version 2.0.
5. USF - get Heavy tank and mortar, but this units not planned for them.
6. OKW - Total rewamp one or one and half year after release.
7. UKF - Total commander rewamp after alfa and before release.
8. USSR - tech rewamp.
And this is not full list.

So, take it easy. Maybe 5 year plan finished urgently :)
22 Nov 2016, 11:12 AM

damn, you are right !B-)

i was thinking relic would be interested in more people -> sell more skins, commanders and dlc -> more $.

But the fact show us they are doing nothing to keep it up, and they could very well have think "let's make of this game a big mess to spend less in server rent".

This is even more possible knowing how much data relic server send and receive for each player which makes them quite expensive. (more data means more CPU intensiv means a shit load of money to rent these server).

Do they realize that it's a short term vision ?
thought SEGA would have undesrtood that with their shitty dlc politic which made them loose a lot of players (and get a lot of negative reviews on games :lol:)

at least, other companies like blizzard (just an exemple) understood it very well and are now making more money than the others will never do.

EDIT : I just checked steam stats.

22 Nov 2016, 11:18 AM

Relic 2013
The successful launch of the game established COH2 as a platform, Relic says, which can be used to release new content to its loyal, active audience for years to come. It's all part of this transition

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
22 Nov 2016, 11:34 AM

So the gaems ded meme is true? Damn you meme magic
22 Nov 2016, 13:41 PM

All their PR from 2012 up to end of 2013 was based on thing "This is not another one game about D-Day". I have found some interviews from this time from QDuffy:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/04/eastern-promises-company-of-heroes-2-interview/
http://www.pcinvasion.com/company-of-heroes-with-game-director-quinn-duffy

And one article about scandal around historical inaccurate: http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/25/4553536/is-company-of-heroes-2-anti-russian.

Also, i am not even touch the fact, that this game evolved from game about Eastern Front to the game about World War 2, but without japanese.

yeah man, I remember it:
  - Single player will be historical and apolitical
  - The game will focus on the Eastern Front

But it all turned out to be a huge lie
22 Nov 2016, 14:24 PM

What? This is the biggest pile of Illuminati bullshit I've ever seen. Relic aren't completely incompetent, nor all knowing, and I'd go so far as to say they DON'T know what's wrong with the game which is why they are getting community members to fix it for them. The people working on balance now are not the same working on it at release, e.g. Brad was fired, Peter left and Quinn Duffy hasn't popped up in years - likely working on DoW III right now. It is their game, but they are not some hive mind. The divide of information between official forums and CoH 2 .org makes their reading a hell of a lot harder and then is coupled by shitheads like you spouting all sorts of nonsense you don't understand but believe the world should know.

Relic are finally doing the right thing, it took them a very long time to do so, but they're slowly getting it right, but you have to be entitled to your opinion of course, because after all, your speculation and fear mongering must be true.

And Relic would actively decrease the number of people spending time and MONEY in their games because...? Once again, you singularly fail to see the bigger picture here. I'm sure the cost of maintaining the server is either relatively cheap given they only have one or is funded by Sega, a company so swimming in cash that they'll bail Relic out if it ever comes to it, so they're in no danger of losing money over CoH 2 any time soon. And the way the game is balanced, it being "cancerous" is not a new thing, let's not pretend this game used to be well looked after, because this game has been a lot worse and a lot better than it is now. Relic consistently show they don't know how to balance their own games, not because they don't want to or else they'd abandon it at release. The reason they don't know how to balance it is probably due to two things: 1) Inconsistencies in balance team as people leave or move on and other people join who don't share the same experience and philosophies. 2) A failure in company management, although this I cannot back up in any way it's a mere gut feeling that relic could do with a bit of direction, though most likely the game got balance differently after Sega took over to oversee the 5 year plan of which THQ's would be very different. We can see this in DoW III, Sega's vision of a Starcraftesque core RTS has overridden Relic's previous formula of the squad based tactics game.

Code
2014 + 5 = 2019

CoH 2 was released on the 25th June 2013. 2013 + 5 = 2018. The five year plan does not originate from when their statement was released, but from the game's release and possibly earlier from during the beta days.

Given how Relic have not yet stopped support for the game, I'd say they've stuck to this, unless you can provide me evidence to the contrary. they have an active community manager, they are releasing infrequent patches, they are assembling a new balance team, and they did frequent streams until people like you bombed them into oblivion with "OMG stop streaming unless you have something new".

You also don't need an answer. Relic are a private company and their affairs are between them, the shareholders and publisher, at no point are they obliged to give you answers to questions that are utterly pointless. It doesn't matter what their studio director said over two years ago, Relic often say one thing then go against their wishes, such as the fact the game was intended to be only Eastern Front, but as I said before, I see no reason to believe that what he said hasn't happened. the patches may slow down, they may be terrible and hopefully this balance team fix that, and Kyle may not post on this site anymore, but just because you can't see it happening in real time does not mean it doesn't happen.

I'm tired of the arrogance on this site and the petty snide remarks about people you don't know and then when given the opportunity don't care to know. If I was director of moderation on this site this is the point I'd draw the line and throw down the gauntlet, because you FalseAlarm, and as it seems to be turning out, le_saucisson_masque, bring nothing to the community but hateful arrogance. The entitlement and sniping left and right, the shear ignorance and delusion in belief that somehow you know more is baffling. So don't worry, I leave you with a solution. You'll do well to read into this syndrome we all suffer from:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
22 Nov 2016, 14:25 PM

And it's about time this was locked. I urge you both be quiet and more considerate from now on because I won't be.

LOCKED.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight