Login

russian armor

Any news on possible upcoming balance patch?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
10 Nov 2016, 16:47 PM
10 Nov 2016, 17:24 PM

Can they at least, when they actually copy someone´s work again, implement the entirety of someone´s work? Like they only copied 40-50% of Miragefla's mod back then and fucked up the game completely lol.
10 Nov 2016, 18:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2016, 21:57 PMVuther

We'd all think Fyodor Dostoyevsky's not a very good author if we only read versions of The Brothers Karamazov where 75% of it was cut out at random and poorly-translated into our language.

As explained in my previous post, the rest of changes don't fit the design and factions profile. We aren't missing out that much. Let's look at these unwarranted overbuffs/overnerfs for example;

These odd changes are not approved by the community, expect probably katitof, aaa, Sir WinsHueHue, IamCat and Zerocoh.

As someone who has paid the full price for this game and all of its content, and who has been a fan of the AXIS factions since 10 years ago but also plays as all factions, I don't deserve this kind of mistreatment. I demand industry standard design and game-play experience.

That said, there are some emergency hotfixes and tweaks already implemented by miragefla, Dreadbot, Smith and Smasher which should be included in the live game, ie the territory points blocking, doctrine rework etc.

Anyways, I think we are derailing the thread, I expressed my concerns regarding Osinyagov's proposal.
10 Nov 2016, 19:39 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Anyways, I think we are derailing the thread, I expressed my concerns regarding Osinyagov's proposal.

I think i should explain my position.

I suggest this guys because they have a number of interesting ideas about balance. Of course, if we give them our mandate to make balance in the game, they should not only implementing ideas from their mods, but solving problem with current balance.

Cruzz - No need to explain why i suggest him. He know mechanics in the game and how they are working like nobody else. Also he suggest some good bugfixes.

Mr. Smith - He is the only one here, who decide to generaly beat all bugs in the game. And imo he succeed.

Miragefla - His competetive mod have a big number of interesting balance changes, which make game better. The only problem hier, that other changes are strange, some make game more difficult.

TheMashine - I just like his idea to replace TigerAce with King Tiger, Up ISU-152 AP penetration, make all Doctrine call-ins connected to tech, and make all planes abilities like strafes from Close Air Support(more skill dependent).

So, this my position. :)
11 Nov 2016, 19:36 PM

I suggest this guys because they have a number of interesting ideas about balance. Of course, if we give them our mandate to make balance in the game, they should not only implementing ideas from their mods, but solving problem with current balance.
Smith and Cruzz are excellent candicates and hold a neutral view on balance.

The other two are just proposing silly axis nerf in order to get attention and gain approval from people like katitof, aaa etc
11 Nov 2016, 20:30 PM
Donator 22

The other two are just proposing silly axis nerf in order to get attention and gain approval from people like katitof, aaa etc

I can only speak about the competitive edition mod (played it quite extensively) but I think the same hold truth for GGs mode.
Sry to say that, but your argument is quite silly. Either you didn´t read miraglefla´s patch notes properly or you can´t interpret them correctly. There are a lot of major axis buffs in the mod. Panther change, static howitzers, halftrack in t1, t4 buildable for the half price (early obers), and the reworked flac halftrack just to name a few.
Also the veterancy rework for okw is actually a buff. Fallschirmjäger for example, receive their combat bonuses on vet 1-3 now, combine that with the fact they now use the Tommy formation, its an incredible buff. (Not counted that most Okw Infantry and Tanks receive a new ability on vet 4-5.)

I don't say that every change he made should be integrated into the live game, but to say "The other two are just proposing silly axis nerfs" is straight up bullshit. Next time play the mod and you will see how false you are.
11 Nov 2016, 20:38 PM

Smith and Cruzz are excellent candicates and hold a neutral view on balance.

damn dude, at least try not to sound like a huge naziboo every post.

I think what you need to solve your problems is a good dose of "git gud".
11 Nov 2016, 23:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't say that every change he made should be integrated into the live game, but to say "The other two are just proposing silly axis nerfs" is straight up bullshit. Next time play the mod and you will see how false you are.

What you said. I mean, just making the USF mortar not broken and allowing only one M1919A6 per squad alone basically fixes up most of the current balance insanity already.
11 Nov 2016, 23:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2016, 23:01 PMVuther

What you said. I mean, just making the USF mortar not broken and allowing only one M1919A6 per squad alone basically fixes up most of the current balance insanity already.

Riflemen vet 3 rec accuracy needs to be looked at too. It is way too much at vet 3
12 Nov 2016, 00:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Riflemen vet 3 rec accuracy needs to be looked at too. It is way too much at vet 3

I definitely agree (miragefla did too! :D ), it's not the only things to do...but they're definitely the biggest parts because at least a guy moving a blob of BARs with a weak mortar can't immediately drive off your machine-guns that they're walking into to murder your infantry.
12 Nov 2016, 01:06 AM

so? It takes forever to reach vet3, if you lose a rifle mid game you can just forget. If the vet get nerfed then the vet requirements needs to be adjusted accordingly.
12 Nov 2016, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2016, 01:06 AMzerocoh

so? It takes forever to reach vet3, if you lose a rifle mid game you can just forget. If the vet get nerfed then the vet requirements needs to be adjusted accordingly.

12 Nov 2016, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2016, 00:07 AMVuther

I definitely agree (miragefla did too! :D ), it's not the only things to do...but they're definitely the biggest parts because at least a guy moving a blob of BARs with a weak mortar can't immediately drive off your machine-guns that they're walking into to murder your infantry.

Actually, they can. The Riflemen-blob alone can do that, the mortar isn't even necessary to do so. This becomes especially dangerous with someone who knows how to play the game and how to abuse it: Instead of simply blobbing all his units on the same spot, he will slightly (just barely enough to escape area suppression) space his units apart, and then have at least one Rifleman Squad run up to the MG and murder it. This works mostly, because the MG 42 turns (not by tearing it down and setting up again, but by switching to other targets in its arc of fire) like shit, and switching from target to target in an attempt to counter-micro doesn't help you, as the MG 42 can't do that (unlike any other machine gun in the game).

There are some ways to prevent this, but at this stage in the game the USF player should hold all the initiative necessary to adapt to these attempts (which in itself is indicative of the real problem here, and that is not simply "Riflemen OP!!!111"). I've wrote at length about the issue of the impossibility to grab initiative already, but since nothing has changed since then (well, apart from us having more anime skins to slap on out units) I will have to continue doing so for a while - this is still a strategy game, and as such some of the basic rules connecting all Kriegsspiel-derived games still apply.

P.S.: Please note, that this only applies to better players anyway, few of which will go for such a low blow. That doesn't mean that the possibility of doing so should be there.
12 Nov 2016, 17:28 PM

Cruzz - No need to explain why i suggest him. He know mechanics in the game and how they are working like nobody else. Also he suggest some good bugfixes.

Mr. Smith - He is the only one here, who decide to generaly beat all bugs in the game. And imo he succeed.

Miragefla - His competetive mod have a big number of interesting balance changes, which make game better. The only problem hier, that other changes are strange, some make game more difficult.

TheMashine - I just like his idea to replace TigerAce with King Tiger, Up ISU-152 AP penetration, make all Doctrine call-ins connected to tech, and make all planes abilities like strafes from Close Air Support(more skill dependent).

So, this my position. :)

Cruzz is excellent at game mechanic, no doubt about it.

Mr. Smith, his analyze is correct and detail, but he make terrible suggestion. He can point out the problem, but not the one who can give best solution.

Miragefla is the worst one in the list. Last time Relic take upon his ideas and the game become worse with useless streck on sturm, volk cannot collect weapon when upgrading mp44, perfect OKW with zero unit weakness, and super US mortar.

About TheMashine, never heard of him, he's more mod maker and less participating in chatting. Unless he can open several balance topic, I would not say he's good since he only takes his idea to action.
12 Nov 2016, 18:36 PM
Donator 11

Cruzz is excellent at game mechanic, no doubt about it.

Mr. Smith, his analyze is correct and detail, but he make terrible suggestion. He can point out the problem, but not the one who can give best solution.

Miragefla is the worst one in the list. Last time Relic take upon his ideas and the game become worse with useless streck on sturm, volk cannot collect weapon when upgrading mp44, perfect OKW with zero unit weakness, and super US mortar.

About TheMashine, never heard of him, he's more mod maker and less participating in chatting. Unless he can open several balance topic, I would not say he's good since he only takes his idea to action.

The machine is one of the guys from Generals Gentelmen. I hope it clarifies things a little bit.
12 Nov 2016, 22:18 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Because it's not like CE used a completely different mortar from the current 81mm clone. Oh, wait it did!

Seriously if people want to talk about my mod, at least play it!
13 Nov 2016, 04:55 AM

Because it's not like CE used a completely different mortar from the current 81mm clone. Oh, wait it did!

Nah, its much easier to just whine about your mod without playing it.
13 Nov 2016, 14:11 PM

But how could they make posts not based on facts and ignorance if they did that?
13 Nov 2016, 17:06 PM

I mean if you didn't suggest the mortar in first place, the current situation would be ten time better.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS