Login

russian armor

Iron Harvest

PAGES (9)down
17 Jun 2019, 10:00 AM
Patrion 310

At worst Iron Harvest full release will be similar to Anno 1800 and Metro Exodus Epic Store exclusive, but pre-purchased Steam keys until launch:
https://www.pcgamer.com/anno-1800-will-be-an-epic-store-exclusive-but-can-be-pre-purchased-on-steam-until-launch/
Metro Exodus Pre-Load Only Available on PC for Steam Pre-Orders:
https://www.vgr.com/metro-exodus-pre-load-pc-steam-pre-orders/

https://www.reddit.com/r/IronHarvest/comments/bzepk6/apologies_if_this_is_a_dead_horse_ive_just_dug_up/
FortyWaterBottles
Sad to hear you all decided to sell your souls and partner with DS. Hope the Fortnite money is/was worth it. You really should be aware for the future, and make sure that DS is aware, what this whole Shenmue debacle has done to tarnish the already less-than-stellar reputation crowdfunding campaigns have.

Sheep_wielder
Community Manager
Yeah the Shenmue situation is not good, but not all DS games go to EGS.

Important to shut down EPIC/DS shenanigans;
signorrossialmare
if i would be valve i just wouldn't let you generate keys anymore for devs/publishers who don't sell their game on steam itself.

Generating and marketing steam keys to pre-orders/KS and then go Epic exclusive post-launch is FUBAR.

Gabe Newell needs to get into the Arena and realize this is not 'fair' EPIC competition but a fight to the death who will dominate third party content.
https://twitter.com/CaseyExplosion/status/1129713218321027073
*SNIP*
They're buying customers.
There's an anxiety about Epic because what they're doing is aggressive. They don't want to be competition, they want to be the last man standing and be the defacto monopoly. That's the end goal, drive Valve out of business and reap the benefits.
20 Aug 2019, 00:03 AM

Iron Harvest releases September 1 2020 to PC via Steam and GoG

20 Aug 2019, 08:55 AM
1 Sep 2019, 06:30 AM
Patrion 310

Interview with the Community Manager of Iron Harvest:
4 Sep 2020, 11:12 AM

so, you've been hyping it for 4 years

What is now, hypers?
4 Sep 2020, 14:14 PM

so, you've been hyping it for 4 years

What is now, hypers?

I was disappointed when I saw the first gameplay video. After playing beta ... well, disappointed for a reason. The game is played the same as it looked in 2016, what's the studio doing for 4 years? The gameplay is primitive and not interesting, the interface is also simplified. Everything in order to sell the game more widely, that is, for the sake of controllers. The game plays worse and looks worse than the first part of the Company of Heroes.
6 Sep 2020, 00:17 AM

I was disappointed when I saw the first gameplay video. After playing beta ... well, disappointed for a reason. The game is played the same as it looked in 2016, what's the studio doing for 4 years? The gameplay is primitive and not interesting, the interface is also simplified. Everything in order to sell the game more widely, that is, for the sake of controllers. The game plays worse and looks worse than the first part of the Company of Heroes.

- It's the same as the beta demo I played years ago, and the same as I played early summer.
- Same 6 maps, too. They haven't added anything.

The cutscenes are nice. But that I can watch on youtube.
The game itself... I want to like it. I really do.

6 Sep 2020, 07:08 AM

i stopped being excited for anything in the entertainment industry quite a while ago

which is sad

Dawn of war 3, star wars ep 8 and game of thrones killed a big portion of the joy of my childhood.

i'm not hyped for anything anymore, was disappointed too often

6 Sep 2020, 12:39 PM

i stopped being excited for anything in the entertainment industry quite a while ago

which is sad

Dawn of war 3, star wars ep 8 and game of thrones killed a big portion of the joy of my childhood.

Christ that's a sad attitude. I hope someone, somewhere makes something good to pull you out of that rut my man.
6 Sep 2020, 20:38 PM

Christ that's a sad attitude. I hope someone, somewhere makes something good to pull you out of that rut my man.

it still goes on. i'm currently playing supreme commander, a game which also came out 2006, and have a lot of fun.
it still looks awesome, better than today stuff, which is a fu***ing shame. and the gamyeply is just unique, undescribable.

never again something like this was developed. during that time i was looking forward to what may come in gaming in the future...

but people chose DoTa, LoL, Mobile games and fortnite
7 Sep 2020, 12:21 PM

which is sad

it still goes on. i'm currently playing supreme commander, a game which also came out 2006, and have a lot of fun.
it still looks awesome, better than today stuff, which is a fu***ing shame. and the gamyeply is just unique, undescribable.

never again something like this was developed. during that time i was looking forward to what may come in gaming in the future...

but people chose DoTa, LoL, Mobile games and fortnite

The same story
7 Sep 2020, 15:04 PM

Same, Same.
7 Sep 2020, 22:32 PM

Cover system feels wonky most of the time and the melee system is horrible. I think my biggest complaint overall was that the game just feels really unresponsive and clunky.
8 Sep 2020, 18:36 PM

I'm optimistic about Iron Harvest. There's a lot of room to grow but with the support of a community, I think it could be great.

I'm on the fence looking at greener grass. And it's less of a fence, and more of a solidly built wall where I can keep my balance for a while.
8 Sep 2020, 18:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2020, 18:36 PMswiffy
I'm optimistic about Iron Harvest. There's a lot of room to grow but with the support of a community, I think it could be great.

I'm on the fence looking at greener grass. And it's less of a fence, and more of a solidly built wall where I can keep my balance for a while.

I'm not as optimistic as you are, the community has already raised over $ 1.5 million for the game (at how many announced fees?). 4 years of development only after the trailer, how much development before that. And the games are frankly bad: gameplay, visual, story. I wish the game was good, but it’s not. and I don't think it will.
8 Sep 2020, 18:55 PM

And I'm partial to the tabletop game featuring the setting (Scythe). The marriage of the setting and CoH is a sweet spot for me. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

9 Sep 2020, 18:48 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Dayummm it's a bummer to read those last posts. I was hoping it would be good.
9 Sep 2020, 20:02 PM

Cover system feels wonky most of the time and the melee system is horrible. I think my biggest complaint overall was that the game just feels really unresponsive and clunky.

This and the UI being horrible IMO is what makes the game unplayable. The infantry combat is just horrible in general and feels like playing a browser game.
9 Sep 2020, 20:33 PM

I'm still getting a handle of the finer details of infantry combat. I'm interested in the melee combat. It's a good inclusion but I can't speak to how well it's implemented.

The combat feels a little bit more transparent than company of heroes. CoH always felt like you were relying heavily on instinct. VS Iron Harvest, the numbers behind the action are more visible, although not as much as a game like Starcraft.

Vehicle critical damage is a bad exclude. If you're going to take the whole company of heroes salad with you, then you gotta take the dressing too. Weapon drops are also sorely missed.

There are some excellent visual elements, certainly rivaling coh2 in parts. Vehicle and building destruction may surpass coh2.

Oh, and final thought at the moment... THE UI IS BETTER! Yes, better. There are surely improvements to be made but I think it's starting in a good place. It's okay if you disagree with me. :)
16 Sep 2020, 16:38 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2020, 18:36 PMswiffy
I'm optimistic about Iron Harvest. There's a lot of room to grow but with the support of a community, I think it could be great

Same. I like the game but it needs more polish.
I keep things in perspective. KING Art games are a small studio and this is their first RTS.
https://www.linkedin.com/company/king-art-gmbh/about/

Relic is almost 5 times larger than KING Art games.

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS