Login

russian armor

October 25th Update

25 Oct 2016, 21:44 PM

I mean we get 6 new 1v1 2v2 maps but no love for 3v3 4v4 players what is that?
25 Oct 2016, 21:58 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2016, 21:44 PMLegion4
I mean we get 6 new 1v1 2v2 maps but no love for 3v3 4v4 players what is that?

This all 6 map are for 1v1 adn relic give one veto for 1v1 more.
25 Oct 2016, 22:05 PM

ok so I say again where is the love for the team players?
25 Oct 2016, 22:40 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2016, 22:05 PMLegion4
ok so I say again where is the love for the team players?

Relic dont like swingers i think :megusta:.
25 Oct 2016, 22:56 PM

25 Oct 2016, 22:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2016, 22:56 PMLegion4
guess not

Are there any good-competitive map/mapmaker for 3v3+ ?
25 Oct 2016, 23:09 PM
Donator 11

I guess there is not enough serious 3v3+ players to make competitive maps for them, 'fun', relic style, 'every battle tells a story' maps would probably by more appreciated among team game players.
26 Oct 2016, 02:47 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Edit:

Going to try and be more clear, was in queue when I responded initially.

1v1 takes about 1 month to get to testing proper with the average persons time allowance
2v2 can take 2-4 months depending
3v3 and up can take much much longer

This is because yes, you have the map visually done, but the amount of testing required for the larger maps is astronomical. This is partially due to the large amount of players that are needed for feedback and the complete lack of replays given. Now mind you that is not because some players wouldn't send replays, but more so because the slightest change to a map will lead to a desync error and provide nothing after an update to the map.

The only way you get quality 3v3's and 4v4's for competitive is by helping out community memebers willing to do it, and currently that seems to be myself, mono, and rommel, there may be others, but I am unsure if they are interested due to timezone issues and time constraints.

There is the thought of a 2v2 version of my map making contest, and after that was the 3v3 and 4v4. The issues with running these is that the submissions periods would be astronomical and the amount of stress that it imposes on myself is large because of that.

However I do have the thought of creating a mapping "team" and trying to get together with players and other mappers to make quality maps that are developed by the community more so, this is something that I have tried to do via stream, but it is hard when not everyone has the time to make it. So I will be trying to get something in the works soon.

TL;DR there is hope for larger maps, just currently everything is in the development phase.
26 Oct 2016, 09:58 AM

I guess there is not enough serious 3v3+ players to make competitive maps for them, 'fun', relic style, 'every battle tells a story' maps would probably by more appreciated among team game players.

There is alot of players playing those brackets, much more than 1v1 or 2v2 tbh. This part of community is just not as loud as all the 1v1 players because of streams etc.
Would really aprecciate any kind of effort towards 3v3+ mapmaking.
26 Oct 2016, 11:54 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

I think atm 4vs4 is the most played modus atm. Then comes 2vs2, then 1vs1 / 3vs3

no vision for mg in houses anymore? I really thought Relic wanted it so. Did not expect it was a bug^^

RIP: Fallis, Partisan etc

btw: Thank God! Ranger finally can throw nades :)
26 Oct 2016, 12:17 PM

Fixed a bug where it was possible for a player to discover if a building was garrisoned through the fog of war by issuing a garrison command.

Fixed a bug where it was possible to determine which direction a garrisoned MG is facing in the fog of war.

so after more than 3 years they finally fixed one of the most annoying "features" EVER

btw: still no american mortar nerf? :help:
26 Oct 2016, 14:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2016, 02:47 AMTric
snip

That was what i guessed.
My point was, people complaining that there are no COMMUNITY MAPS for 3v3+ been added when there might not be there ANY PROPERLY TESTED/VIABLE map to add.
26 Oct 2016, 15:33 PM
Benefactor 392

26 Oct 2016, 15:55 PM

tbh, we should be grateful for every single patch we get at this stage

#5yearplan
26 Oct 2016, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2016, 15:55 PMTetley

#5yearplan

give five-year plan in four years, comrade
26 Oct 2016, 17:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

give five-year plan in four years, comrade

Either we do it, or they will crush us
26 Oct 2016, 17:43 PM
Donator 11

There is alot of players playing those brackets, much more than 1v1 or 2v2 tbh. This part of community is just not as loud as all the 1v1 players because of streams etc.
Would really aprecciate any kind of effort towards 3v3+ mapmaking.

I didn't mean that there is little players playing them, in fact it's the majority, simply almost all of them have different expectations than 1v1 community when it comes to maps.

Also team games are horribly hard to cast. That means it's also hard to watch casters trying to cast them, and so, that the idea of 4v4 tournament is not very popular. Without tournaments, it's even harder to find people to competitively play large team games or make competitive maps for these modes.
27 Oct 2016, 22:22 PM

believe it or not, coh 2 is only a bit competitiv in 1 vs 1, the other team games are casual.
Why make balanced map for casual players ? even if they are much more, they just don t need or deserve it.

Ty to Tric and all the other map makers (monolithicbacons, ..)and also to the community modders (cruz, miragefla, gg, smith & more).

There are more and more people whining but less doing something to improve this shit game.

notice i didnt thanks kyle or relic.
28 Oct 2016, 09:24 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

believe it or not, coh 2 is only a bit competitiv in 1 vs 1, the other team games are casual.
Why make balanced map for casual players ? even if they are much more, they just don t need or deserve it.

I assume you're not seeking a career in sales? ;) You play to your base to maximise your income. 1v1 showcases the game; the larger factions produce the revenue.

You hate on the bulk of your customers = you are likely to turn them off the game and your income diminishes.

Ty to Tric and all the other map makers (monolithicbacons, ..)and also to the community modders (cruz, miragefla, gg, smith & more).

Amen to that.

There are more and more people whining but less doing something to improve this shit game.

Say to yourself daily: 'Every day, in every way, I will try harder and harder.'

notice i didnt thanks kyle or relic.

Jep. PR is not the route for you! If you want to stop any support for this game, you're doing just fine. :thumb:
28 Oct 2016, 09:42 AM

I assume you're not seeking a career in sales? ;) You play to your base to maximise your income. 1v1 showcases the game; the larger factions produce the revenue.

You hate on the bulk of your customers = you are likely to turn them off the game and your income diminishes.

Amen to that.

Say to yourself daily: 'Every day, in every way, I will try harder and harder.'

Jep. PR is not the route for you! If you want to stop any support for this game, you're doing just fine. :thumb:

Lol the salt is real :sibToxic::sibToxic:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS