Login

russian armor

Allied infantry vs Axis tanks

26 Jan 2017, 10:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2017, 19:16 PMTom_BR
How good to see Axis players suffering from what the allies have suffered since the beginning of this game. XD. Learn how to micromete units, scout the enemy's technological evolution line to see if there's a light tank, medium tank, artillery or heavy tank. Learn to have to avoid facing enemy infantry with a vehicle without infantry support. Learn to spread your troops during engagements so as not to see them under suppression or to vanish with a heavy artillery hail. Welcome to the game mode where you have to use the brain and not just click and wait for the AI ​​to do everything else.

Well as obvious trolly as this is I still have to say that as a player from the very beginning (CoH2 Alpha), there were not many times where there was an overwhelming Axis superiority in the game.

The things that come into my mind right now are

• OKW Shreckblob
  • Ostheer Flame HT Rush (from the VERY early days of CoH2 where almost nothing was balanced)
  • OKW LeIG with suppression
  • Days of the invincible Tiger Ace
  • Close Air Support Meta

(This is what came into my mind after some minutes of thinking. If you have more, just post it, I will add it then)

That's about it. All those things have been fixed for a long time now. They were also fixed in a relatively fast time (about some weeks to some months).
The current state of the game is that only one guy from Relic is left working at CoH2 and for this reason patches became very rare.

And there is no doubt that the current game state favors the Allied factions.
26 Jan 2017, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2017, 04:52 AMBravus

British player detected. I think you got few time in coh2.

Stop bullshit. Since launch, this game have balance problems and soo unrealism.

MAXPIN, US .50 and Brit MG as better than MG42, okw MG34 is the most crap.

You see more allies running crazy without cover than the axis.

Soo allies favour crazy spam or "kamikaze" run to call some off map magic art.

In the past conscripts throw a magic grenade to blown the engine with 100% accuracy, cant remember? And the double T85 call? Blind magic too, firing from behind and get the front eye of the tank lol. Or maybe just a fire squad in a jeep running like crazy with all that fire.

This game is very good and competitive, but need a bit more realism, range, damage, and a more careful war.

But Tom_BR is right. I played Allies since the begin of the game and sometimes Germans.
Now I went to play Germans...

But actually Allies are pretty strong
26 Jan 2017, 13:51 PM

Well as obvious trolly as this is I still have to say that as a player from the very beginning (CoH2 Alpha), there were not many times where there was an overwhelming Axis superiority in the game.

The things that come into my mind right now are

• OKW Shreckblob
  • Ostheer Flame HT Rush (from the VERY early days of CoH2 where almost nothing was balanced)
  • OKW LeIG with suppression
  • Days of the invincible Tiger Ace
  • Close Air Support Meta

(This is what came into my mind after some minutes of thinking. If you have more, just post it, I will add it then)

That's about it. All those things have been fixed for a long time now. They were also fixed in a relatively fast time (about some weeks to some months).
The current state of the game is that only one guy from Relic is left working at CoH2 and for this reason patches became very rare.

And there is no doubt that the current game state favors the Allied factions.

- Soviet mortar Vet 1 sniper precision
- Clown car
- Hit the dirt opi op
- Maxim A clicking, supressed on HMG does nothing
- 0 tech dual t34 85 call in
- Sniper sprint
- Us halftrack op at the launch
- pre nerf ISU 152
- UKF vet 1 hmg unlimited range (bug )
- USF gatling weapons tanks ( bug )
- ram 100% chance to break tank weapon and engine damage

etc etc, shit has been in everyside ;D

26 Jan 2017, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2017, 13:51 PMBlalord

- Soviet mortar Vet 1 sniper precision
- Clown car
- Hit the dirt opi op
- Maxim A clicking, supressed on HMG does nothing
- 0 tech dual t34 85 call in
- Sniper sprint
- Us halftrack op at the launch
- pre nerf ISU 152
- UKF vet 1 hmg unlimited range (bug )
- USF gatling weapons tanks ( bug )

etc etc, shit has been in everyside ;D

You seem to have failed reading comprehension class.
26 Jan 2017, 14:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2017, 14:05 PMStunner

You seem to have failed reading comprehension class.

Or maybe you
V-T
26 Jan 2017, 14:17 PM

Counter blob with blob? I've had a decent efficiency with 2 squads of PzGrens with schrecks and maybe 2 gren squads with mg34. Usually i try to scavenge additional weapons dropped by enemy. Snare with Faust, flank and schreck it in the butt. Works -50% of times, every time ;)

If you spread out the blob a bit, and bring in support, either AT gun, or stug/pz4, it's easy to take out single tanks. If enemy blobs with tanks, then Ostheer is totally screwed.
26 Jan 2017, 14:48 PM

axis armor was double and tripple nerfed the lasts patches.

- allies get some AT buffs, new faction, new dlcs with strong tanks and tank hunters
- allies get buffed tank hunters
- axis armor nerf
- volks schreck nerf

IMO there are no problems with dedicated tank destroyer... destroying a tank.

However, there are problem that Allies (mostly) don't need armor to counter Axis infantry - they do that consistently with their own infantry. So Allies can invest into dedicated TDs to counter counters to their infantry.

Oh, and by the way - volks schreks are cancer. Serves them well.
26 Jan 2017, 14:58 PM

The StuG E was probably the only unit the Axis has that can (could) reliably hurt allied squads.

The Luchs as well. Although it's always pre-countered unless its against USF that went LT tier or Soviets go T1.
26 Jan 2017, 18:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

...there were not many times where there was an overwhelming Axis superiority in the game.

It all depends on which modes you are talking about. 1v1 has mostly been balanced around skill of each player (with usage of "abusive strats, units and abilities") during most of it's lifetime. On 2v2 and 3v3/4v4 not the case.
2v2 has seen ups and down for each faction and side.
3v3+ during 90% of the lifetime of EFA (only OH n SU) it was 90% ez mode axis for at least 95% of the playerbase. During the first months/years of WFA (AEF/OKW), OKW ended up been OPKW on those modes and USF was consider weak for it, due to their lategame. After reworked OKW and the release of UKF, it has been "allies ez mode", specially at the top top.
NOTE: this doesn't take into consideration specific maps+commander+faction interactions neither south/north spawns which makes certain scenarios "autowins".

About BS, I can easily (using a cheatsheet we have here on .org :P) mention every single bullshit this game had. On Axis side:

From OH:

From OKW:
27 Jan 2017, 00:52 AM

The problem in the live version, in 1v1 and 2v2 at least, is that you can simply double bren your bolstered tommies and gain map control because no allied infantry can stand against it (maybe vet 5 fusiliers, but it takes a while to get them there). This means that you will get a lot of fuel also. By the time a Panther comes out, which can do nothing against infantry, a comet is already happily running around. A single at gun and one sapper squad with double piats can easily scare of a Panzer IV.

Not to mention allied artillery dominance with turbomattress and CalliOP. Good luck keeping your vetted infantry, which is basically always outmatched after 5 minutes, alive vs all this madness, let alone your tanks.

True but most axis squads are more cost efficient (volks) and there are other really good counters to tommies. Luchs, isg, hmgs (even shitty 34) and grenades pretty much slaughter tommies.
27 Jan 2017, 03:55 AM

Putting the past behind us, not sure why you guys derailed a bit.

My problem is, is that, axis infantry are melted easily.

Cromwell and commet AI power is easily the most lethal in the game. And they are very decent at AT as well

Land mattress and calliope decimate OH combined arms

Sherman AI is good, balanced if you ask me

Soviet t34-85 often wipes squads of mine as OH
Soviet t34-76 is good, balanced.

Ostwind is terrible
Panther is terrible vs AI, AT is "okay"
OH p4 is terrible

Currently all bs aside, Allied infantry is able to blindly rush all axis tanks and not have to fear insta wipes.

Axis infantry has to fear insta wipes from light tanks...
27 Jan 2017, 04:38 AM

Throwback to when playing USF was a death sentence.
27 Jan 2017, 12:18 PM

True but most axis squads are more cost efficient (volks) and there are other really good counters to tommies. Luchs, isg, hmgs (even shitty 34) and grenades pretty much slaughter tommies.

Mortar pit will rekt your mg34. Isg can work yes!
27 Jan 2017, 12:59 PM

Allie op at the time,

U can kill so much, they come with new reserves.
Believe me, I was mostly Allie player since years.
Just strengthen a bit the Germans, dont overnerf, then it is perfect.
27 Jan 2017, 20:03 PM

Nerf comet/cromwell AI capabilities OR

Buff panther/panzer4 AI capabilities to be on par.

Buff ostwinds accuracy

Remove bazooka from rifleman.

Fix .222 movement, as in its pathing and agility is just terrible. As well as increasing its accuracy. That way OH has a light vehicle that has a shock capability.

Decrease rifleman accuracy while on the move with bars. Or remove accuracy bonus against retreating squads. After all, universally speaking axis infantry are survivability is terrible due to all the rocket artillery so on n so fourth
27 Jan 2017, 20:07 PM

There is a reason why it's so attractive to blobb rifleman with bars

There is a reason why the Brits always do a motar pit to a cromwell to comets. From that point it's legit a point n shoot for OH units.

There is a reason why 9/10 games on 2v2 calliope and Landmattress are used. Simply because of the often wipes of axis infantry. Unit preservation is never rewarded but often punished due to the units I mentioned above.

Besides Brummbar, and strum tiger, generally speaking, there aren't much other axis tanks that just completely squad wipe off 1 shot as much as the Allied counterpart. It's bullshit and cheesy. That's why I see the same shit in every game
27 Jan 2017, 20:48 PM

The only times I ever hit things with a sturmtiger is when 2 or more players vehicles get caught on each other trying to maneuver out of the way. It takes so much bloody time to actually fire the sturmtiger shell that it rarely can hit a desired unit without the aid of pathing issues setting in.
27 Jan 2017, 22:10 PM

There is a reason why 9/10 games on 2v2 calliope and Landmattress are used. Simply because of the often wipes of axis infantry. Unit preservation is never rewarded but often punished due to the units I mentioned above.

Besides Brummbar, and strum tiger, generally speaking, there aren't much other axis tanks that just completely squad wipe off 1 shot as much as the Allied counterpart. It's bullshit and cheesy. That's why I see the same shit in every game

Walking Stuka and Pwerf are just as common and good at wiping squads as the LM and Calli each have their ups and downs, as for the other comment, well:

King Tiger
Vet 1 Jag
Tiger
Brummbar
Sturm Tiger

AVRE
Bulldozer
KV 2
ISU
Pershing

All capable of one shotting squads with relative ease whereas the Cromwell, P4, Sherman etc can all one shot too if the models bunch up badly...
27 Jan 2017, 22:49 PM

Throwback to when playing USF was a death sentence.

I remember when building a SU76 was a form a bragging to the enemy team. You had so many resources and were so sure of victory that you would build such an utterly shite unit.

This game has changed so much over the years XD
28 Jan 2017, 00:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2017, 22:10 PMLatch

Walking Stuka and Pwerf are just as common and good at wiping squads as the LM and Calli each have their ups and downs, as for the other comment, well:

King Tiger
Vet 1 Jag
Tiger
Brummbar
Sturm Tiger

AVRE
Bulldozer
KV 2
ISU
Pershing

All capable of one shotting squads with relative ease whereas the Cromwell, P4, Sherman etc can all one shot too if the models bunch up badly...

I would say that it's yellow cover's fault. Provides no protection from explosives and often causes units to bunch up. Also, pz4 AI capabilities aren't that far behind Cromwell at all, and panthers supposed to be a tank hunter, so it gets better armor and range than comet, but shittier AI. Comet could use a little work IMO though. It does come out pretty late however, and brits really need tanks to assault positions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★