Login

russian armor

has RELIC given up on COH2-DOW3 has been announced ?

9 Aug 2016, 09:05 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

All you guys should think about rhe fact that there is a major tournament approaching which is made by Relic
9 Aug 2016, 09:38 AM

The CoH2 life cycle so far has been a buggy, messy, badly-designed content release (the game itself, commanders, new armies), followed by excellent patches, each of which improving the game a lot (and breaking at least one thing). Release-fix-release-fix...

That being said, I can't think of another (non-subscription/non-f2p) game that has seen so many serious and good (and 'free') changes after release, such as Observer mode, War Spoils, custom game list, Battle servers, etc. All of these should probably have been there at release, I agree, but it counts for something that they were added eventually, and if they focus only on bug fixes and balance from now on I'd be willing to buy a skin pack for every patch, even though I couldn't care less for cosmetics.
9 Aug 2016, 10:27 AM

All you guys should think about rhe fact that there is a major tournament approaching which is made by Relic

Really? That probably explains their inactivity recently.
9 Aug 2016, 10:44 AM
Senior Caster Badge

by letting the community buy skins for the price money ? sounds for me more like "milking the cow dry" MVSpiel :luvCarrot:
9 Aug 2016, 11:05 AM

to be fair, there's probably just kyle and the janitor working on coh2 anyway. and maybe that one intern doing the balancing.

if that's the case, it's a miracle they even got a tournament organized Keepo
9 Aug 2016, 11:12 AM
Donator 22

3 years old game....what do you expect? Im glad they are doing something (at least from time to time) :D :P
9 Aug 2016, 11:47 AM

3 years old game....what do you expect? Im glad they are doing something (at least from time to time) :D :P

That isn't really an excuse.
There is a loooooong list of 5+ year old games who are still getting updates on somewhat regular-ish basis.

But CoH2 is pretty much done, which is a shame as I had hoped for some more commanders.

Pretty much EVERYONE remembers Q2 of year 1 promise of looking into old, overlaping commanders for sov and ost and we never got even so much as that.

I'll gladly buy skins for tournament events like this one and invest in a game that actually goes forward.
The moment the game becomes stagnant, my wallet closes.
9 Aug 2016, 12:05 PM

to be fair, there's probably just kyle and the janitor working on coh2 anyway. and maybe that one intern doing the balancing.

if that's the case, it's a miracle they even got a tournament organized Keepo

+1:lolol:
9 Aug 2016, 12:44 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2016, 07:32 AMwuff

Most people on these forums or in fact any community forums are beyond the point of ignorant.

Their thoughts about "what relic should do, don't do or game balance" are garbage.

ignorant? if anything, relics performance in the last months has been garbage.
9 Aug 2016, 13:06 PM

Best thing is that they decided to close game with OKW ruination(i dont speak about balance, but gameplay, playing 2nd (and much worse) wehr just not fun to me, outside of that OKW could be balanced without destroying its amazing core concepts like resourse starvation and emphasis on elite troops, it just, you know, requiered actual effort), what a finale.

For how much pootential CoH design had, realisation was, and still quite unsatisfying.

Still hope they will have enought time to properly develop 3rd DoW and CoH.
9 Aug 2016, 13:19 PM
Donator 22

But CoH2 is pretty much done, which is a shame as I had hoped for some more commanders.

Pretty much EVERYONE remembers Q2 of year 1 promise of looking into old, overlaping commanders for sov and ost and we never got even so much as that.

I'll gladly buy skins for tournament events like this one and invest in a game that actually goes forward.
The moment the game becomes stagnant, my wallet closes.

+1
9 Aug 2016, 13:54 PM

When I first started coh2 I couldn't understand all the hostility and animosity towards relic. But soon enough you see how absolutely shoddy they are in their ethic and in about every decision they make. Coh2 had just been awfully managed. I am amazed that Sega doesn't intervene into the bullshit that drags the franchise through the mud.
9 Aug 2016, 14:00 PM

If they stop the support for CoH2 now, this game may stay a small ship but also stay alive for a long time since there are no more game-breaking and retarded bugs pissing the players off and making them leave the game

EDIT: + dont forget that this game is kinda balanced since a few months
9 Aug 2016, 16:25 PM

wuff and pigsoup face reveal!

9 Aug 2016, 16:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Now that we've allowed OKW to be completely broken I hope its not dead but i wouldn't be surprised if it is. From what I've heard no new content is planned so, yea...
9 Aug 2016, 17:20 PM
Patrion 14

i am offended. that looks like a chinese knock off...
9 Aug 2016, 17:24 PM

Five-Years Plan in Three years... :snfQuinn:

STAKHANOV IS REAL :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Edit : UI/UX improvement was soooo good, THANK YOU RELIC, now i can see twitch stream ingame !! WHOA !! And UI still so disgusting :foreveralone:

:hansGG:
10 Aug 2016, 12:03 PM

Rather be a knight than an ignorant peasant.

10 Aug 2016, 14:16 PM

This is why the community must stand together. If we can steer relic into making good balance updates, our esports scene will grow. The bigger the scene, the more content we will have
10 Aug 2016, 14:50 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2016, 07:32 AMwuff

+1

Most people on these forums or in fact any community forums are beyond the point of ignorant.

Their thoughts about "what relic should do, don't do or game balance" are garbage.

/end rant

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 62
unknown 17
Germany 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L