Login

russian armor

has RELIC given up on COH2-DOW3 has been announced ?

8 Aug 2016, 14:02 PM

seriously !

not trying to be mean or anything like that.
relic really hasn't done much of anything since april update.

the june update was actually done by a community member, and relic even messed that up.

i have seen nothing NEW actually announced for coh2. have i missed something coming in the pipleline ?

no new: commanders, factions, dlc, updates....

paint/skin contests don't count, because they are nothing actually gameplay wise to the game.

8 Aug 2016, 14:08 PM

In a recent lelic stream from last week Kyle said that there isn't any new content planned, not even commanders, so yeah...
8 Aug 2016, 16:05 PM

Given the ride this game has gone though I can understand the desire to distance themselves as much as they can.
8 Aug 2016, 16:55 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Given the ride this game has gone though I can understand the desire to distance themselves as much as they can.

What a shame. They could've at least finished Theater of War and given us a Brit campaign.

I often wonder what would've happened if THQ didn't go under and coh2 was released 6 months earlier than it actually was... It might've been a trainwreck.

Regardless, coh2 did have a bit of a rocky start in terms of balance and the bugs that they've introduced in their patches, especially in 2016, have made coh2 a lot more frustrating for them than it had to be.
8 Aug 2016, 17:01 PM

What a shame. They could've at least finished Theater of War and given us a Brit campaign.

I often wonder what would've happened if THQ didn't go under and coh2 was released 6 months earlier than it actually was... It might've been a trainwreck.

Regardless, coh2 did have a bit of a rocky start in terms of balance and the bugs that they've introduced in their patches, especially in 2016, have made coh2 a lot more frustrating for them than it had to be.

I agree. I had hoped that the British would've been paired with an African campaign, but I knew that wasn't going to be the case. After WFA being such a mixed up re-release of Opposing Fronts I knew there was going to be little new content.
8 Aug 2016, 18:26 PM
Senior Editor Badge

8 Aug 2016, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2016, 18:26 PMnigo
#boycottDow3

Meh, it's not like anybody would've played it anyways... right? :snfPeter:
8 Aug 2016, 18:33 PM

Relic was just extremely efficient in CoH2 to the point, where they have finished 5 year plan in just 3.

Stalin would be proud.
8 Aug 2016, 18:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Relic was just extremely efficient in

These 2 words do not belong together.
8 Aug 2016, 18:46 PM

Same thing happened to DOW2 when Coh2.
8 Aug 2016, 18:58 PM
Donator 11

Relic was just extremely efficient in CoH2 to the point, where they have finished 5 year plan in just 3.

Stalin would be proud.

They "finished" their plan by getting rid of all the hard work it contained Kappa
8 Aug 2016, 19:40 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

In a recent lelic stream from last week Kyle said that there isn't any new content planned, not even commanders, so yeah...

It means only no NEW content in game, but Relic still have many things already added in game, but not used before or useless in current state. Maybe it is ridicolus, but i am waitnig for more fixing, more tweaks, more GUI redesign.
This game need to be finished with current stuff, many things are outdated, many things still working in wrong way, many things doesn't work at all.
In other words: "Fix at least what you already add and after that begin to think about new stuff".
8 Aug 2016, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2016, 18:26 PMnigo
#boycottDow3

They'll do it themselves, mark my words, DoW III will be an even bigger fail than CoH 2 and will go down as the worst DoW game, a title held by DoW II before.

DoW I is the ultimate master race modding platform game by standards only surpassed by CoH, since really I consider CoH as the ultimate WW2 modding platform since you can virtually add any front to it.

Of course, given the game engine's age and limits... it'd require a nice rig to run most of it's demanding mods like EaW for example, Ultimate Apocalypse respectively for DoW.
9 Aug 2016, 04:20 AM

Don't count on them ever "fixing" COH2 lol. Even Relics crown jewel vcoh was abandoned before reaching that state. All they had to do was fix two glaring bugs and possibly a very small balance patch, but nope they couldn't even do that. COH2's balance is a far cry from decent, the game is polluted with who knows how many bugs, and DoW3 has been announced. COH1s farewell patch came before they announced COH2, so its pretty safe to say at this point that COH2 is RIP (there may still be minor patches, not much else).
9 Aug 2016, 04:28 AM

9 Aug 2016, 06:58 AM

I've abandoned the game months ago.
Don't want to handle Relic anymore. Now I play that stupid game called League of Legends, but you know what? At least Riot communicates with the community and loves the game.

SEGA and Relic should go bankrupt with the way they threat their customers.
9 Aug 2016, 07:03 AM
Patrion 14

so much butthurt
9 Aug 2016, 07:32 AM

so much butthurt

+1

Most people on these forums or in fact any community forums are beyond the point of ignorant.

Their thoughts about "what relic should do, don't do or game balance" are garbage.

/end rant
9 Aug 2016, 07:46 AM

I've abandoned the game months ago.
Don't want to handle Relic anymore. Now I play that stupid game called League of Legends, but you know what? At least Riot communicates with the community and loves the game.

SEGA and Relic should go bankrupt with the way they threat their customers.

Sad but true. I also haven't played for a long time and spend my time playing casual games like PayDay. I even played SoulStorm again since I'm a big 40K fan. DoW does not look great so far, and Sega is going down the bullshit tree (as Jim Sterling likes to put it). DoWIII doesn't even have the atmosphere of DoWII and the original game.
9 Aug 2016, 08:19 AM

I always knew they had stopped producing content for the game.

I just hope they fix the rest of the underpowered units before they give up support so I can enjoy the whole game, and not see useless content laying around. Especially those usf commanders.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★