Login

russian armor

T70 moving accuracy

24 Jul 2016, 19:30 PM

Its moving accuracy is way too good for such a cheap light tank (200 mp). It makes no sense vs mainly 4 men squads of the Axis. It needs to be towed down.

Now I know the comments will start to rain that detail something like: Oh but it is 70 fuel and in t3. I would love for Ostheer to have a 200 mp and 70 fuel light vehicle that performs like the T70. But Ostheer doesn't have that in their base army, so I can't.
aaa
24 Jul 2016, 19:39 PM

t70 moving accuracy is close to 0. This community lol
24 Jul 2016, 20:27 PM
Donator 11

Its moving accuracy is way too good for such a cheap light tank (200 mp)

the t70 has very low health and can be two shot by paks, if you dont spend 60 muns on self repair. and it costs 70 fuel. therefore it has to be good at the offensive. now, is it too good when moving? a little, probably. is it "way too good"? absolutely not

I would love for Ostheer to have a 200 mp and 70 fuel light vehicle that performs like the T70. But Ostheer doesn't have that in their base army, so I can't.

every army has their strengths and weaknesses, so does ost (well, ost has no strenghts atm, but this is for another discussion)
24 Jul 2016, 20:33 PM

the t70 has very low health and can be two shot by paks, if you dont spend 60 muns on self repair. and it costs 70 fuel. therefore it has to be good at the offensive. now, is it too good when moving? a little, probably. is it "way too good"? absolutely not

every army has their strengths and weaknesses, so does ost (well, ost has no strenghts atm, but this is for another discussion)

Sniper, HMG42, 222, panic call-in Puma, Pak40 (or rather TWP)
24 Jul 2016, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2016, 19:44 PMKatitof
I like how they hallucinate on exactly the same level, but on polar opposites of the QQ spectrum.

They should 1v1.

lol that match would be hilarious to watch but it wouldnt be long because aaa is hard countered by Kubelspam.
24 Jul 2016, 20:41 PM
Donator 11

Sniper, HMG42, 222, panic call-in Puma, Pak40 (or rather TWP)

i exaggerated slightly, but still, ost sucks atm. sniper tagret size nerf hit the sniper, US mortar kills mg42 fast, same with pak 40,...
24 Jul 2016, 21:07 PM

GUYS lETS CLOSE THE THREAD op was wrong t 70 is fine is really squishy just fix raketen projectile everything will be fine
ost is up we all know it isn't even strong in the late game , no panther is not good right now
24 Jul 2016, 21:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2016, 20:18 PMKatitof
L2P, get puma or get a pair of 222s, there, both arrive waaay before T70 and both hardcounter it effortlessly.
Moreover, you have no right to QQ as ost, because of teller mines, which one shot it.

Is it hard to just post this from the getgo without the other parts. Learn to calm down unless you want to spend some more days away.

Now to OP:
Is it too hard to post a replay on which a T70 is giving you problem AND/OR give the proper stats and facts before coming QQ into the balance section.

What are the facts on which you are wrong:

T70 Moving accuracy multiplier: 0.50
Equal to most tanks. Tanks which are an exception are mostly USF ones, Cromwell (0.75) or the OKW PV (0.65). IIRC the P2 get's a 0.25 but that's due to the base weapon having already a high accuracy by default ("works through accuracy rather than scatter")

What about moving scatter:
Note that there is also a secondary component to moving accuracy, and that's moving scatter:
- Most tanks have 2.0 moving scatter (including OST, Soviet, UKF)
- Most USF tanks have 1.5 scatter
- OKW Panther has 1.7 scatter
- Easy8 has no scatter penalty. :hansREKT:

Now the weapon on itself is not accurate (0.03 / 0.05) but it has a slow scatter. It doesn't have 1 shot capabilities (40dmg) but it has a steady dmg output.
The whole reason the T70 has higher offensive capabilities it's due to it arriving later than every other light vehicle and having 320HP instead of 400HP. This makes it better on good hands, but crappier if you can't micro it.
The T70 does have a vehicle self repair, but that cost 60 (?) for a 15s. 6.4HP/s repair which disables the weapon (i'm not sure if there is a movement speed/accelaration penalty).

If yo are having problems as OH against a T70, and you can't use any combination of tellers, pak, faust, schrecks, and you don't want to go for Puma/Stug-e nor wait till T3/Command PIV then i present you:

Manpower cost 210 Fuel cost 15
They have the same HP pool and it guarantees you that a T70 can't bully your squads.
24 Jul 2016, 21:42 PM

I am not having trouble countering the T70. I am seeing others having trouble with it. I have been destroying my opponents with this little devil lol.
24 Jul 2016, 21:47 PM

If I understand movement scatter penalties correctly, movement scatter should only apply to horizontal scatter, not vertical scatter (tanks almost always use max vertical scatter).

T70 has normal horizontal scatter (7.5 degrees). Thus, movement penalties should hurt it quite a bit.

However, T-70 has very small (small) vertical scatter. Regardless of whether scatter penalty also applies to vertical scatter, the end result will be something very small. Thus, the T-70 gives the appearances of a vehicle with no "movement accuracy penalties".

But yeah. As elchino7 noted, if you have issues with the T-70, Easy8's will blow you apart. (hah!)
24 Jul 2016, 22:14 PM

i exaggerated slightly, but still, ost sucks atm. sniper tagret size nerf hit the sniper, US mortar kills mg42 fast, same with pak 40,...

About the sniper, before you needed 50 shots to kill him, now only 45 :D. He is still almost unkilleble so no big nerf there imo.
USF mortar is OP and buged (everybody knows that, also the people who dont want to admit that), so that's not an argument ether.
Don't get me wrong, i am not saying that OH is ok. I am not an expert or so but your arguments don't count in this case ;)
24 Jul 2016, 22:38 PM

If I understand movement scatter penalties correctly, movement scatter should only apply to horizontal scatter, not vertical scatter (tanks almost always use max vertical scatter).

T70 has normal horizontal scatter (7.5 degrees). Thus, movement penalties should hurt it quite a bit.

However, T-70 has very small (small) vertical scatter. Regardless of whether scatter penalty also applies to vertical scatter, the end result will be something very small. Thus, the T-70 gives the appearances of a vehicle with no "movement accuracy penalties".

But yeah. As elchino7 noted, if you have issues with the T-70, Easy8's will blow you apart. (hah!)

Interesting I didnt know that there was vertical scatter, is that why the Raketenwerfer hits the ground so often or is that something else?
25 Jul 2016, 00:48 AM

T70 has a narrow window of opportunity - unlike alternative purchases at that point (e.g. elite infantry, Su-76) it becomes largely irrelevant in late game unless you can get it to vet 2. You have to play well with low-tier units to hold fuel and get one in time. It's a risky investment, if you hit a teller early on it's pretty much GG. Both OKW and OH have soft counters available before it arrives and hard counters a few minutes away.

It needs good killing power to justify the risks of buying one. I do think it is a bit too good at wiping retreating squads on large maps, but I don't know what stats to change to fix that without nerfing its firepower in other situations.
25 Jul 2016, 17:16 PM

low health, narrow window and expensive tank, it worth its fire power for sure, otherwise no one will build one.
OST can easily build 222 to limit the movement to T70, so it cannot chase retreating infantry, 222 car (15 fuel) is a good counter for T70 tank (70 Fuel) .. so it should have good fire power to justify.
25 Jul 2016, 18:01 PM
Donator 11

About the sniper, before you needed 50 shots to kill him, now only 45 :D. He is still almost unkilleble so no big nerf there imo.
USF mortar is OP and buged (everybody knows that, also the people who dont want to admit that), so that's not an argument ether.

well, 15% means, that in the cases where the sniper made it away with a sliver of health, he dies now
and i wrote atm, so, yes, i included the bugged mortar.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 57
Netherlands 30
unknown 4
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %