Login

russian armor

does damaging tanks give too much vet?

19 Jul 2016, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2016, 11:06 AMKatitof

I've seen that edit! :snfBarton:

Took me much longer to find the change, didn't expected it to be so ancient.

OKW vet5 units should give 2x the exp.
ye my mistake..had to check for myself
19 Jul 2016, 13:48 PM
Donator 11

Generally, yes, I would agree with you. However, ever since the last patch they got the god-nade, which really helps with power-vetting.

imo the stronger the opponents get, the lesser of an impact grenades have. but yes, the nades are definetely stronger now!

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2016, 10:46 AMSmaug

Attacking a veteran unit will now reward 1.2x its base experience value per level of veterancy. In other words, attacking a level 3 veteran unit will award 1.6x more experience to better reflect their in-game value.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2016, 11:06 AMKatitof

OKW vet5 units should give 2x the exp.

saying you get 1.2 base experience per level of veterancy means its multiplicative, but in the next sentence and in katiofs post it seems to be additive! that does not make that much of a difference against vet 3 units (10%), but if it works with vet 5, this is the difference between 200% and 250% !!

19 Jul 2016, 13:50 PM

imo the stronger the opponents get, the lesser of an impact grenades have. but yes, the nades are definetely stronger now!

saying you get 1.2 base experience per level of veterancy means its multiplicative, but in the next sentence and in katiofs post it seems to be additive! that does not make that much of a difference against vet 3 units (10%), but if it works with vet 5, this is the difference between 200% and 250% !!

Attacking a veteran unit will now reward 1.2x its base experience value per level of veterancy. In other words, attacking a level 3 veteran unit will award 1.6x more experience to better reflect their in-game value.

Here you have direct patch notes quote.
19 Jul 2016, 13:54 PM
Donator 11

thnx!

lol, so someone at relic fucked up the math, because the first sentence says c_(vet)=1.2^(vet)
while the second says c_(vet)=1+0.2*(vet)

:hansGG::brad:

:D:D:rofl::crazy:
19 Jul 2016, 17:23 PM

if you change the hp of tanks,you need to change the hp of light vehicles aswell, and then normal rifles do suddenly much more damage against them

T A R G E T
A
B
L
E
S
19 Jul 2016, 17:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

OP: the answer is yes. The real thing is, if it hasn't been changed in 3 years, i don't think there's a reason to take the work of modifying ALL tanks and infantry with target tables and so on in order to try to "fix" this.

19 Jul 2016, 18:56 PM
Donator 11

OP: the answer is yes. The real thing is, if it hasn't been changed in 3 years, i don't think there's a reason to take the work of modifying ALL tanks and infantry with target tables and so on in order to try to "fix" this.

well, to be honest most balance discussion "results" here will never be featured ingame, because relic is too lazy or not interested anymore. things like commanders, side armor, squad spacing, etc come to my mind

for me its just interesting to see whether other players have the same feeling :)

19 Jul 2016, 20:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

well, to be honest most balance discussion "results" here will never be featured ingame, because relic is too lazy or not interested anymore. things like commanders, side armor, squad spacing, etc come to my mind

for me its just interesting to see whether other players have the same feeling :)

Side armor: laughs
Squad pacing: people had already done it
Commanders: unless we talk about implementing new things (which require modeling, animations, etc.), several commanders had seen tweaks.

If something can be served in a silver plate to Relic, it's possible that it could be implemented later on.
19 Jul 2016, 21:49 PM
Donator 11

Commanders: unless we talk about implementing new things

im talking about a complete remodelling, cutting the numbers of duplicate abilities, getting rid of some commanders, maybe even introducing commander paths like in vcoh :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★