Login

russian armor

For F*** sakes Relic buff useless soviet units

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
15 Jul 2016, 17:56 PM

Its super depressing that it took this long for anyone to mention the M42 in a post about UP Soviet units.

Because hardly anyone remembers it exists, that's how relevant it is :foreveralone:
15 Jul 2016, 18:12 PM

clearly a L2P issue.
SU is the perfect faction, you just have to use different playstyles for different factions.
15 Jul 2016, 18:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 17:35 PMKatitof

@Grittle
Guard PTRS yes, con PTRS shoots blanks.

It drives me nuts how the same gun performs differently on different units. I makes it hard to make judgements on how it should perform to anyone that doesn't know the stats.

The PTRS should perform exactly the same with accuracy being the difference.
15 Jul 2016, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 17:56 PMKatitof

Because hardly anyone remembers it exists, that's how relevant it is :foreveralone:

Was testing Soviet Defensive Tactics.

Managed to destroy 222 (with support of cons AT nade), 2 x MG bunkers and fended off 251/17 for long enough to roll out first T-34.

Quite okayish for its laughable cost.
15 Jul 2016, 18:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 18:13 PMsinthe

It drives me nuts how the same gun performs differently on different units. I makes it hard to make judgements on how it should perform to anyone that doesn't know the stats.

The PTRS should perform exactly the same with accuracy being the difference.

Actually, that is the only difference between them. Of course, 0.1 far accuracy and 0.21 close-accuracy is a pretty big difference in practice against infantry.
15 Jul 2016, 18:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 17:35 PMKatitof
M-42
KV-1
M3
conscript PTRS

These are the only 4 things you can argue are too weak.

Remaining ones, git gut son.

@Grittle
Guard PTRS yes, con PTRS shoots blanks.

Katitof has spoken :sibHyena:
15 Jul 2016, 18:41 PM

Permanently Banned
I dont think that all are fine with soviet but not terrible, but pls Relic, need rewok some doc and units in them, like 45 mm at gun, HQ, kv-1, kv2, b4 (relic pls, write that its can one shoot units (so need nerf) but add sturm tiger who can do it ResidenSleeper), maybe shocks need rework (just look at rangers, commandos and shocks) better up CP for them and change them. Maybe need change for ISU (coz i can undestand ISU are antiinfatry or antitank) with 152 mm gun. Relic still dont fix supply drop for soviets (hello from OKW). Relic need fix soviet bombs that cost 200 (hello from shtuka dive bomb with 160 price). I dont whanna say that its are terrible, but if use price/efficiency its look not good.
15 Jul 2016, 18:56 PM
Patrion 310

And what I mean by useless units/ability:

-82mm mortar = Not useless, not as good as USF or Ost mortar but its resonable.

-CONSCRIPTS = Lategame scaling is an issue, but they are a cheap t0 6 man unit who can build sandbags and have decent utility.

-Clown car = Its good for killing Kubel spam and its ok as an early recon unit. If you put a flamer inside and avoid any early snares then it can be really strong at killing support weapons / clearing buildings.

-Zis AT gun = Again another unit that is fine. Its not Pak40 / 6 pounder but its OK. Vet 1 ability could be better and I'd rather have TWP instead of barrage but its still useful.

-Guards button = I think this probably needs a slight cost decrease or something else to make it a bit more effective as its pretty easy to avoid / get out of but its a unique ability that no other faction has.

-Maxim = Is fine. Limited arc of fire but is pretty mobile, can be used offensively and has a decent pin time vs single squads.Go watch Von Ivan play.

-SU 152 = ISU is totally fine and is a wipe machine if you micro it well and use attack ground. Gets hard countered by JT / Ele which is an issue especially if you pick a commander early for guards, but thats life.

-Molotov = I feel it should be a bit quicker to throw it but otherwise it isn't that bad considering its cost. Bit annoying having to pay fuel to unlock it though.

-PTRS gun = Fine on guards, gives decent light AT and is enough generally to stop Penals getting walked all over. Have decent damage as well. I'd be against a PTRS buff vs infantry as it was stupid before how well it worked vs infantry. Can't comment them on Cons as I've never tried it.

See bold for replies. Seems mostly like a player issue rather than faction. I would say soviets are probably at their strongest right now since the game launched and most of the useless units have been fixed aside from M-42 & KV2. T-34 is still quite crap but its cheap and spammable so. (<444>3 Penals, SU-76 and SU-85)

Playercard please :)

15 Jul 2016, 19:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

First of all, use this State Office and this Replay section prior to opening a rant/rage thread.

Prior to closing this thread i'm gonna take the time to adress each of your topics and add a couple more:

-82mm mortar: all it needs is a slight muni reduction on flare cost (same with sniper flare)
-CONSCRIPTS: if anything is added, i think it goes along the way with changes to OH. For the moment taking the context of the faction they are fine.
-Clown car: it's either OP early cheese or useless. I think either upgrades to let it get some certain utility late game would be good.
-Zis AT gun: rollback muni cost nerf on tracking. For the rest is fine.
-Guards button: It's barely fine. Maybe small cost reduction or keep the cost and add some other temp crit as slowing reload time.
-Maxim: fine
-SU 152: fine
-Molotov: fine
-PTRS gun: fine on Guards. Not sure about the performance of them on Cons.

-M-42: :foreveralone:
-KV-1: it needs a different type of vet rather than the same one of T34s. This would apply to other tanks, but it needs something different than secure point.
-Assault Guards: and this would apply to any other Elite unit, give them something instead of trip wire flares. I can't remember if they get Mosins or SVT atm.

If you try to be more constructive presenting your claims with data to back up your claims and not opening a thread with FFS Relic, people might take you a bit more serious.

Locked.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight