Login

russian armor

For F*** sakes Relic buff useless soviet units

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
14 Jul 2016, 20:55 PM

I'm so fucking tired of how boring soviets have become over the time and limited to only one way "in" during the game ( I'm talking about 1v1).

This is all because so many units have been rendered useless over time, that there only 3 viable options as soviet :
-Penals+ Guards
-2 engineer+3 cons with guard
-Partisans

And what I mean by useless units/ability:

-82mm mortar
-CONSCRIPTS
-Clown car
-Zis AT gun
-Guards button
-Maxim
-SU 152
-Molotov
-PTRS gun

For fuck sake at least make the guards button somewhat good, no need to nerf it death like it is now.
All it takes is to move slightly behind and button is broken.
Smoke? broken.

On top of this it takes like 12 PTRS shells to destroy a Luch2? ffs, guards isn't a unit I plan on spamming so how do I need so much?
It's like you need to have an AT gun with you or AT nade, else guards are useless by themselves against Light tanks.
I'm not asking that they become "light tank killers", just that they can be strong enough to scare them away.

It should be 8 shots.
Guards button should either disable gun or paralyze vehicle just like USF stuart does.

Molotov is too slow, does no damage whatsoever and represents a waste most of the time.

ZiS only good ability is the artillery, as an AT gun it sucks, it does less damage than okw raks moves slower, has shitty rotation speed and misses al ot.

Clown car is stupidly easy to kill.

Look how many times I need to shoot to kill a kubel.
One PF can destroy a clown if it hits behind.
But 2 at nades are needed for a kubel, what's the logic?

SU 152 costs way too much to be good in 1v1, and it's not even that good as a tank, it's a lesser AVRE, doesn't have any redeemable pen rate.

Have you ever seen somebody building 82 mortars? Did you ever kill anything with it?
Everyone goes for 120mm, (and that's not even used this much).

Last but not least: CONSCRIPTS

So much talk about how conscripts don't scale late game or are crap.
I 100% agree that they are useless, people (such as vonivan) didn't just start spamming maxim out of the blue.
It's because cons are bad.

I know how you should use them, but since your definition of cons is that they are a versatile low cost unit that are good in covers and in number.

Then why do they cost the same as grens?
They should cost 210mp as they are now, with no upgrade and needing to buy ATnade/Molotov.
14 Jul 2016, 20:59 PM

I also forgot about :

B-4
KV1

And IL-2 "pride of the soviet air force"
14 Jul 2016, 21:13 PM

This is going to be good :lolol:
14 Jul 2016, 21:15 PM

lets be honest relic is a fcking joke, i mean don't they get payed or something. I mean if they actually did care about this game, only thing they had to do is come to this forum and read the player feedback and improve accordingly, obviously this game isn't finnaced for that to happen though it would be nice to just tell even that but they just sit there and monitor the servers, fail relic team . Feelsbadman
14 Jul 2016, 21:35 PM

14 Jul 2016, 21:41 PM

OP was kinda of rage-post but he is kinda right.

I think the main problem with soviets is not the performance, but the cost of things.

Maxims are a joke and too expensive now, but you NEED mgs because conscripts are just cannon fodder right now.

Molotovs are the only thing I really think that need a buff, the trowing animation is just retarded, meanwhile all axis units have super fast and strong nades and molotovs barely scratch units.

Also I hate the new teching, it really need some sort of adjustment. IMO relic should return the old prices of T1 and T2 and if you make T1+T2 you get access to T4.
14 Jul 2016, 21:43 PM

I also forgot about :

B-4
KV1

And IL-2 "pride of the soviet air force"

KV1 is quite good, the problem is that they suffer the same problem as T34's, they DONT HIT SHIT on the move. Another unit that could get a slight price reduction.
14 Jul 2016, 21:52 PM

I didn't say soviets are bad.
I just said that they lost the variety they had once because so many units or tools are not good to use.

To answer obersoldat: between somebody making fair points and a bum posting 10yo memes, I know who is retarded.
Out of all I stated, you had only maxim to call out "not useless"?
Well too bad anyway because maxim is underperforming.

It's good if you do maxim spam, don't get me wrong.
But the weapon itself as a support unit is garbage.

@zerocoh: KV1 is good, but it does no damage and hits nothing like you said.
I would rather take the buff than lower cost.

Also my number one problem is how 82mm is S.H.I.T
14 Jul 2016, 21:56 PM

Buffing KV1 will make it too op, like a cheaper churchill.

Churchill is ok because brits lack infantry numbers, but soviets have tons of infantry so putting a heavy support tank that is too good will just break any defenses easily.

Like I said, KV1 is good but you need to use defensively and have luck, I remember wiping full squads with it, but you need good rng for that
14 Jul 2016, 22:14 PM

Just give up man, I made the same arguments about a year ago and the wheraboos just keep making asinine comments.

Soviets will be forever an OST wannabe that instead of having a variety of good units it just have a bunch of average/useless units that you have to use and pray to god that your enemy will commit some stupid mistake, otherwise you are screwed.
14 Jul 2016, 22:22 PM

Fuck them
so I either do guards/partisans or shock doctrine or I'm fucked.
thank u lelic.

Maxim spam is going to be the only way to play soviets in months from now.
14 Jul 2016, 22:34 PM
Donator 11

http://coh2chart.com/

Look at Soviets 1v1 w/l ratio. Yeah, let's buff soviets.
14 Jul 2016, 22:42 PM

I'm amazed by your stupidity overall.
So in your opinion they should be nerfed because they do good?

I didn't say buff soviets,I said buff what's useless, give us more options than to simply use the same shit over and over like USF.

So what you are trying to say is that buffing these "useless units" is not a direct buff for Soviets?

-82mm mortar
-CONSCRIPTS
-Clown car
-Zis AT gun
-Guards button
-Maxim
-SU 152
-Molotov
-PTRS gun

Also:

You want to buff guard damage with 33%, thats 106,4 damage per volley, and also want them to permanently snare armor.

You say ZiS3 does less damage than OKW rakketen but both do 160 damage.

You say 82mm mortar is shit, its not it does its job well and that is displacing static posistions.

You say Soviets lack opening options, yet they have the most versatile opening options out of any faction.

14 Jul 2016, 23:30 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Has someone asked for his Plaiercard? Keepo
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak