Login

russian armor

Roadmap 2016

14 Jul 2016, 01:22 AM

i have a leak of the official roadmap:
2019 introduce 100 new skins and threaten to unfix the us mortar if they dont sell a million skins

Reminds me of Payday 2's Crimefest event :p

And they will still unfix the US mortar after selling 2 million skins, fuck you? buy USF faction!
14 Jul 2016, 02:28 AM

I'm surprised still no Free 2 play even after they got the war spoils currency system in place.
14 Jul 2016, 07:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2016, 02:28 AMUnited
I'm surprised still no Free 2 play even after they got the war spoils currency system in place.

Gee, it almost looks like they do NOT want the game to be infested with hackers and griefers.

There was only one F2P RTS I remember.
It died despite being quite fun(AoE online anyone?).
14 Jul 2016, 08:40 AM

1.) you've never coded, have you ?
2.) oh look the life support stuff, being fancy and innovative since 2013: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/1lylw7/is_this_game_on_life_support/

3.)and how exactly would you implement custom hotkeys? how would you conceptualize that?

1.) dare not presume.
2.) the past does not control the future
3.) like a ton of other games. Have you been living under a rock? Options menu, keybindings.
Here let me get you some pictures

http://www.mmo-guild.co.uk/addons/autogallery/Gallery/1.Games/Planetside%202/pv_PS2_Default_Key_Bindings.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/bydi822EG3g/maxresdefault.jpg
https://diaryofdennis.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/cs-go-ingame-console-keybinding.jpg

It's simple. Hit dat options menue for keybinding, click on unit / ability, it says "press your desired thingie" and then you press it and voila, key bound. For example, I would bind tactical map to something rational instead of retarded numpad 0
14 Jul 2016, 08:50 AM

Oh, I see someone have trouble telling FPS keybindings(where you have them the same regardless of "class" you play) and RTS keybindings where units actually have varied abilities.
jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2016, 08:40 AMJaedrik

3.) like literally any good video game. Have you been living under a rock? Options, menu, keybindings.
Here let me get you some pictures

http://www.mmo-guild.co.uk/addons/autogallery/Gallery/1.Games/Planetside%202/pv_PS2_Default_Key_Bindings.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/bydi822EG3g/maxresdefault.jpg
https://diaryofdennis.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/cs-go-ingame-console-keybinding.jpg

Like Starcraft2? :sibHyena:

Standard or grid are the only 2 types of keybinds in RTS games which have unique abilities for units.

Even in WC3 back in the day you had to externally put keybinds on every single unit/hero separately.
I'm sure you're eager to put custom keybinds on what? 200 different abilities of different units, many of them overlaping the same keys?

FPS keybidings and RTS keybindings are 2 compeltely different things, showing FPS as example for RTS is pointless, moot at best.
14 Jul 2016, 08:55 AM

1.) you've never coded, have you ?

Do enlighten us, because I'm having a hard time seeing how, in your expert opinion, optimization is trivial.
14 Jul 2016, 08:55 AM

Know something is better than nothing...

Wait for the half of the year to get news from Relic about roadmap... and by a reply from a thread and not as an official announce...

But now, we know that we don't expect something new in the coming month.
For the "major update", I prefer wait for an official quote from Relic. Remember they said that they put a MAJOR add-on during the month of June, and it was just new skins from Valkyrie... :loco:

Also, with the implement of the new war spoil system, I think they will introduce new add-on that can't be purchased with "supply money" to ensure rentability.

I still hope for a new faction but let we see. :)
14 Jul 2016, 08:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2016, 08:50 AMKatitof
Oh, I see someone have trouble telling FPS keybindings(where you have them the same regardless of "class" you play) and RTS keybindings where units actually have varied abilities.

Like Starcraft2? :sibHyena:

Standard or grid are the only 2 types of keybinds in RTS games which have unique abilities for units.

Even in WC3 back in the day you had to externally put keybinds on every single unit/hero separately.

That is no issue.
Simply allow everything to be bound to whatever. Set in a procedure which queries the abilities available on a given command card if you don't want trouble with future updates that may add units or change abilities.
Further, there are important universal functions that should be able to be rebound, such as tactical map or 'go to event' or 'tab through squads' or 'save camera location' and so on.
14 Jul 2016, 09:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2016, 08:58 AMJaedrik

That is no issue.
Simply allow everything to be bound to whatever. Set in a procedure which queries the abilities available on a given command card if you don't want trouble with future updates that may add units or change abilities.
Further, there are important universal functions that should be able to be rebound, such as tactical map or 'go to event' or 'tab through squads' or 'save camera location' and so on.

These things are already possible if you have proper hardware.
For example, my minimap is bound to one of the side buttons on my mouse, go to event is bound to another one.

Its not relic made obviously, but it works the same way.
14 Jul 2016, 12:42 PM
Patrion 14

2016 is already half over. Why even bother releasing a roadmap for this year?

They should have made one in late 2015.

Edit: Never mind. I overread that it is also for early 2017.
14 Jul 2016, 14:20 PM

Yessssssssssssssssssssss German-Italian Army.

And more commanders please.

Fuck balance, I'm modding the shit out of this game after they're done updating it.

Comp scrubs can suck it.
14 Jul 2016, 15:45 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Want to see more possibilities to customize game. Like skinpacks, soundpacks, native language and etc. Like it was in vCoH
14 Jul 2016, 16:56 PM

At least one more Axis army is a possibility, they still have 2 years on their 5 year plan for this game.
14 Jul 2016, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2016, 09:01 AMKatitof

For example, my minimap is bound to one of the side buttons on my mouse, go to event is bound to another one.

Well
I'm glad you've fallen back a bit.

Still, such functionality ought have an as low as possible barrier to entry and use, and be integrated with the base game.
Also, would you share with me your technique? AHK's "hit enter to disable remapping so you can talk normally" doesn't exactly work that well when I want to talk in all in team games.
I suppose I could try an map numpad to mouse1 and space to mouse2. Logitech's UI is confusing though and I'm a bad.
14 Jul 2016, 17:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2016, 16:58 PMJaedrik

Well
I'm glad you've fallen back a bit.

Still, such functionality ought have an as low as possible barrier to entry and use, and be integrated with the base game.
Also, would you share with me your technique? AHK's "hit enter to disable remapping so you can talk normally" doesn't exactly work that well when I want to talk in all in team games.
I suppose I could try an map numpad to mouse1 and space to mouse2. Logitech's UI is confusing though and I'm a bad.

I'm using razer naga hex, I've simply bound num0 to one of the side buttons for tac map, but you can do that with free software on any mouse with side buttons.

Not really difficult, so I don't see the need to go into details-just map keyboard key of desired function to mouse side buttons.
14 Jul 2016, 17:43 PM
Donator 22

relics roadmap for the rest of 2016 :D

14 Jul 2016, 18:21 PM

they still have 2 years on their 5 year plan for this game.

It began with the planning of the rest of CoH2's roadmap.

Three months were given to the bugs - immortal, festering and most hated of all things.
TThree were given to monitoring the balance, a great struggle over the course of several years.
And eighteen, eighteen were given to the skins, for above all else... Relic desires dollars.

But they were all of them deceptions, for another feature was worked on.

In the land of Vancouver, in the coders' dens at Relic Headquarters, the Dark Lord Kyle made in secret a Master Patch to overshadow all others. And into this patch he poured his bugs, his imbalance, and his will to troll all players.....
14 Jul 2016, 19:53 PM

relics roadmap for the rest of 2016 :D

Most likely scenario

Add "Balance" poorly painted at the end for extra effect.
14 Jul 2016, 19:59 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I know I have said this before, but does being negative cause anything to change? I understand how people have the right to express their opinion on the forums, but these aren't new points and people have been complaining since launch. This game, since release, has been a roller coaster of high expectations and average payoffs. If we stop expecting the second coming of Jesus fucking Christ then maybe we can find patches and releases adequately exciting.
14 Jul 2016, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2016, 09:01 AMKatitof

Third party software should not be required for something as simple as key binding, a feature that's expected in every modern game because it's not 1990. Some anti-cheat systems also pick up these programs, so using them puts you at risk of being banned from certain games.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★