Login

russian armor

Roadmap 2016

13 Jul 2016, 17:28 PM
Senior Editor Badge

The team is currently still in the process of defining what will be included in future updates planned for the rest of this year.

That being said, the current focus is monitoring balance, addressing prominent bugs and adding curated UGC such as skins, decals, and faceplates. This will be more or less the scope for at least the next few months. Once commitments for future updates have been defined we will release a road map of what to expect from the bigger updates scheduled for late this year/early next year.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/251200#Comment_251200
13 Jul 2016, 17:45 PM

So the roadmap we have in regards to them releasing mod tools is void? How am I expected to take anything they say seriously anymore, if they simply ignore their past statements instead of even giving an explanation ("Sorry, won't happen, too much work to implement."). Sure, an explanation wouldn't change the facts, but it would at least achieve what Relic has failed most at: Customer relations.

Anyone remember when last year, Relic seemed to get out of their shell and started sharing information with us on a scale considered unimaginable before?
13 Jul 2016, 17:57 PM

:romeoHype:

In all honesty adding a 3rd Axis faction that is Italians or Japan and adding more modding capabilities are something that will make me once more interested in the game
13 Jul 2016, 18:10 PM

Nigo once again the bearer of good news! :D
13 Jul 2016, 18:16 PM

I'm surprised they're going to be doing ANYTHING beyond "monitoring balance, addressing prominent bugs and adding curated UGC such as skins, decals, and faceplates" for the rest of CoH2's development support.
Good news, I suppose?
13 Jul 2016, 18:43 PM
13 Jul 2016, 18:47 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

My wishlist:
Relic should release the 3rd axis faction, so it could balance the whole game together

13 Jul 2016, 18:48 PM
Patrion 26

I remember there being a lot of talk about reviewing all the existing commanders (mainly SU/Wehr), to see if they could improve the ones that are hardly ever used, to make them more viable.
Personally I'd really like to see them do this, as it doesn't require much more (if any) new content but will give a lot of unused commanders new life.
13 Jul 2016, 18:50 PM
Senior Editor Badge

My roadmap:

*Useless commanders revamp
*German-Italy army as 3rd axis faction
*Brits single player (for single players :P )
13 Jul 2016, 19:00 PM

stop it finally

Hey as long as its not Germans again for the 5th time in CoH history Im happy
13 Jul 2016, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2016, 18:50 PMnigo

*Useless commanders revamp

lelic pls read this
13 Jul 2016, 19:37 PM

Maybe Lelic will add Comissar before 2018, they need at least 2 years to do this.
13 Jul 2016, 19:45 PM

Maybe Lelic will add Comissar before 2018, they need at least 2 years to do this.

would be fucking awesome to have misscommissar ingame, a unit which just stands in your base and complains about how fucking useless all of your units are:wub:
13 Jul 2016, 20:05 PM

would be fucking awesome to have misscommissar ingame, a unit which just stands in your base and complains about how fucking useless all of your units are:wub:

10/10
13 Jul 2016, 20:31 PM
Donator 11

i have a leak of the official roadmap:
2017 fix us mortar
2018 introduce "very advanced cancer regiment" to boost UKF sales
2019 introduce 100 new skins and threaten to unfix the us mortar if they dont sell a million skins
13 Jul 2016, 20:36 PM

I shouldn't be smiling at this...
13 Jul 2016, 22:04 PM

What about the optimization of this game?
13 Jul 2016, 23:58 PM

I chuckled heartily.

We love ya, MissCommissar.
14 Jul 2016, 00:30 AM

What about the optimization of this game?

It's straight up never going to happen.
At least, that's the impression I get after they had it in the earlier and subsequently backpedaled on the question every time they brought it up again. Next it was "Oh it's an ongoing process" to "We make improvements when we can, there won't be an 'optimization update'" to "..." to "Hey guys new roadmap! We're doing xyz before we decide what to do for next year etc."
Combine that with the fact that probably nobody is still working on the game that worked on the code necessary to know for optimizing the game, and that CoH2 is on life support essentially, and Brad saying that CoH2 is rip, and the fact they can't even foxtrotting add custom hotkeys, I rate the chance of any optimization, not even substantial improvements, occurring as so infinitesimally small it is to be considered as impossible.
14 Jul 2016, 00:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2016, 00:30 AMJaedrik

It's straight up never going to happen.
At least, that's the impression I get after they had it in the earlier and subsequently backpedaled on the question every time they brought it up again. Next it was "Oh it's an ongoing process" to "We make improvements when we can, there won't be an 'optimization update'" to "..." to "Hey guys new roadmap! We're doing xyz before we decide what to do for next year etc."
Combine that with the fact that probably nobody is still working on the game that worked on the code necessary to know for optimizing the game, and that CoH2 is on life support essentially, and Brad saying that CoH2 is rip, and the fact they can't even foxtrotting add custom hotkeys, I rate the chance of any optimization, not even substantial improvements, occurring as so infinitesimally small it is to be considered as impossible.

1.) you've never coded, have you ?
2.) oh look the life support stuff, being fancy and innovative since 2013: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/1lylw7/is_this_game_on_life_support/

3.)and how exactly would you implement custom hotkeys? how would you conceptualize that?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★