Login

russian armor

KT, Why?

3 Jul 2016, 14:31 PM

Why does this tank still not require all buildings to be present rather than just 'built'? It's utterly retarded. As soon as you kill their Panzer HQ you can almost guarantee a KT because they certainly aren't going to build it again.

Why not let them rebuild it at a reduced costs / MP only cost (not inc truck as to punish forward placement) and require all buildings up for KT. Is there a reason I'm missing as to why this is still here?

EDIT: And while I'm at it, why dont all call in's require that tech structure to be up? max teir for OST Anvil for Brits etc. Wouldn't this make for less BS tactics? Stall for tiger, stall for crock etc etc.
3 Jul 2016, 14:35 PM

Try it play as OKW first :thumb:
3 Jul 2016, 14:36 PM

At the moment, the typical OKW player is lucky if he manages to field a puma, let alone a KT.
3 Jul 2016, 14:37 PM

Well, I like it more, than system before - it obviously makes getting KT easier (but it costs more now, guess because of that). KT is not overpowerd domination tank, like it was before, so it is fair.

Making FHQs cheaper for rebuild is strange idea... It makes using of FHQs less risky - less easier. Easier should be getting KT, not using FHQs. So - let it be as it is, cos it performs fine and I see no reasons to whine for both Axis and Allies.
3 Jul 2016, 14:57 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2016, 14:35 PMZyswen

+10

If you don't play it don't whine about it :O
3 Jul 2016, 14:57 PM

I guess that would be like lieutenant/captain/major being cheaper after they die - I guess they are now in a way since they don't have the fuel cost but rather a manpower cost increase. Still, if the captain dies, you don't lose the ability to build an at gun.
3 Jul 2016, 15:29 PM
Donator 11

I think the unit is fine, does it deal a lot of damage? yes
Does it soak up loads of AT? yes
But requiring it to have all trucks (in the current way the game is set up) would make it never fielded.

Before this patch, when the volks blob was the be all end all unit, I would have to agree with you. This time around I think we have reached a fair ground when it comes to OKW and changing this would make it impossible to ever think of building it.
3 Jul 2016, 16:07 PM

3 Jul 2016, 17:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2016, 14:31 PMLatch
Why does this tank still not require all buildings to be present rather than just 'built'? It's utterly retarded. As soon as you kill their Panzer HQ you can almost guarantee a KT because they certainly aren't going to build it again.

Why not let them rebuild it at a reduced costs / MP only cost (not inc truck as to punish forward placement) and require all buildings up for KT. Is there a reason I'm missing as to why this is still here?

EDIT: And while I'm at it, why dont all call in's require that tech structure to be up? max teir for OST Anvil for Brits etc. Wouldn't this make for less BS tactics? Stall for tiger, stall for crock etc etc.

3 Jul 2016, 18:47 PM

OP has a point though. The moment you destroy the Schwerer HQ you can count on the opponent to field a KT rather than rebuild it for 120 fuel and field a Panzer IV for 150 fuel = 270 fuel... that´s pretty much the cost of the KT.

Thus you haven´t done much damage to the OKW player when destroying the HQ.
3 Jul 2016, 19:24 PM

Except removing options like the panther or jp4. The KT isn't the best choice in all situations. Plus it removes the defense that the truck provides.
3 Jul 2016, 19:37 PM

Except removing options like the panther or jp4. The KT isn't the best choice in all situations. Plus it removes the defense that the truck provides.
Panther and JP IV are widely considered garbage. The only disadvantage could be the lack of Obers or a small timegape where the Panzer IV does not appear.
3 Jul 2016, 19:37 PM

All these try playing as OKW posts, why, so when my HQ gets destroyed I can be the one to stall for KT???

Let me show you to my OP where I state, or am I missing something. AKA, tell me.
nee
3 Jul 2016, 20:08 PM

Opponents have a very easy time negating OKW's heavy tank if all they need to do is constantly destroy any single OKW truck. Losing an HQ truck is already a big loss since they are sources of unit production as well as field benefits like healing and repairs. You don't just get a free KT once you get all three trucks up, you know, you still got to juggle saving 230 fuel for later as opposed to Puma or Panzer 4 now...or still later, depending on how the match is played out.

If you manage to save 230 fuel for KT and also manage to hold off the enemy without adequate armour, then you deserve a KT. It's not exactly a fast or scouting unit.

People already prefer to just leave the trucks in HQ sectors which was not the original intended design. Absolutely no one will every risk bringing their trucks out to the field if losing one means you cannot even deploy KT, ever.

As for other call-ins requiring tech, you're trading the ability to field stock units now for the mere chance to call in Tiger much later. If your opponent manages to bring out Pershing despite having invested ZERO fuel into anything, then you're hardly a good player. Relic would also have to go back to the drawing board and reconsider what doctrinal units fit what tier. Should Opel trucks and Mortar Halftrack be T2? The CP unlock alone restricts when doctrinal units can be used.
3 Jul 2016, 20:46 PM

Just don't let them set up, lol. Constant pressure!!
3 Jul 2016, 20:53 PM

If you dont wanna deal with a King Tiger, dont destroy the Panzer Schwerer then
3 Jul 2016, 20:58 PM
Donator 11

OP has a point though. The moment you destroy the Schwerer HQ you can count on the opponent to field a KT rather than rebuild it for 120 fuel and field a Panzer IV for 150 fuel = 270 fuel... that´s pretty much the cost of the KT.

But if okw player has no other option but build KT its the ideal situation for allied player: he knows exactly what is coming and to some extent, when is it going to come. Such knowledge shouldn't be left unappreciated. You can not only prepare with mines and AT but also use the absence of enemy vehicles and smaller presence of infantry (its 720mp, quite a lot) to cap some sectors.
3 Jul 2016, 21:06 PM

If an OKW player, with OKW being in its current state, makes it to a KT, you have done something very wrong lol.
3 Jul 2016, 21:29 PM

+1

At the moment, the typical OKW player is lucky if he manages to field a puma, let alone a KT.

I dont normally agree with you, but I will on this one
3 Jul 2016, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2016, 14:31 PMLatch

seeing as how crappy su-85, shermans, jacksons, fireflies.etc can penetrate it in this game and it has lower HP than the churchills (LOL) its ok i usually dont play allies but when i ran into a KT my 3 su-76s (with gun that could barely pen more than 80mm armor IRL) and sturmovik call in killed it instantly so :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★