Login

russian armor

Time for Commander Buffs

2 Jul 2016, 22:56 PM

so 1000 000 buff to usa and then fix useless thinks in other factions. I think so many other thinks need fixing except all those USA abilities (hello 50% of ostheer commaders)

In terms of commander abilities and call ins Ost are by far the strongest next to soviets here, although I wont disagree they depend on them and stock USF/OKW/UKF in some aspects are stronger.

Spotting scopes, univeral vehicle smoke, Stukas, dive bomb,Pak43,Howi. Command PIV/tiger/ele/early puma etc etc

yes the rail arty might have like two less shots than the UKF equivalent and the community commander (like the soviet one) sucks, but in the grand scheme of things your bread and butter commander wise is just better and they are much more well rounded.

Especially vs brits, they can't panic call in a Valentine or Churchill and expect it to perform like a Puma or Tiger Ace would
nee
3 Jul 2016, 01:00 AM

No I&R pathfinders do not snipe and have 1 less man then normal pathfinders. Meaning they are pretty much useless in a combat role.

They are best used by hiding them on the map so you can have los on your enemy and sometimes call down the artillery when they least expect it.

Problem is they can't move at all while camoed making it real hard to use them to scout the enemy while also having only 35 range on the artillery meaning they often need to make suicide charges at whatever they want to throw their arty at, also giving plenty of warning to your opponent and risking wipes on the pathfinder squad.

That's why I was suggesting moving camo, so they can actually be used as dedicated scouts sneaking around, when you don't have 140 muni in the bank for a arty strike.
I find that odd, if they're going to be utility, then I suggest they get an ability similar to Valentine's tracking. I believe this was a cut feature for UKF infantry sections. Basically you get a mobile infantry version of IR halftracks. The toggle can cloak the squad, and can/ cannot use the artillery call-in when toggled.
3 Jul 2016, 01:34 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2016, 23:20 PMTobis
Would love if the 45mm light AT-gun could be given the same gun as a t-70. Make it decent against both lights and a unique gun that can help with infantry, when it loses its usefulness against vehicles.

Exactly, this is the ideal solution.
3 Jul 2016, 02:02 AM

I think most abilities are fine, but problem is that most commaders except lighting war,mobile defence, spearhead, assgren commader, elite troops and prostruppen are weak because of bad combinations of abilities. I think they all should get some more useful combos or get bringed together.

I disagree, except for Defensive, Festung Support, German Infantry and Storm, the rest of ostheer commanders are quite good in 2v2+. Even high level player would not refuse Jaeger Armor with hacking scope.

3 Jul 2016, 11:30 AM

While some abilities are underwhelming and need buffs,...

Imho there are only abilities that are too strong and should be nerfed. This would make the weaker abilities more appealing. I really dislike these uber commander one click problem solver abilities.

I disagree, except for Defensive, Festung Support, German Infantry and Storm, the rest of ostheer commanders are quite good in 2v2+. Even high level player would not refuse Jaeger Armor with hacking scope.

I think festung support is very good and i like storm too, but ever since british joined the fight, i had to replace storm with support.
3 Jul 2016, 20:18 PM

Hit the dirt.
Rapid conscripation (goes against the core game mechanics).
Soviet fuel drop on par with oster fuel drop(the poor thing drops 30 fuel at best, gets destroyed by the free enemy AA and costs ammo).
Broken single il2 strafe.

kv1, m42 and b4 (please fix the broken b4 animations)
Maybe enance soviet commanders without doctrinal tanks? some of them are really bad.
3 Jul 2016, 20:45 PM

Commanders have been flawed for so long despite being one of the easiest to fix aspects of the game, that I don't think it's ever gonna happen. When was the last time a commander was ever positively changed design-wise? You guys are wasting your breath.
4 Jul 2016, 03:12 AM

Sexton got buffed..

Though ironically, Valentine, which is in the same commander, was ignored so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
4 Jul 2016, 08:03 AM

Commanders have been flawed for so long despite being one of the easiest to fix aspects of the game, that I don't think it's ever gonna happen. When was the last time a commander was ever positively changed design-wise? You guys are wasting your breath.

Relatively recent:

Quality changes -
Partisan Tactics (AI partisans always spawn with PPSh, AT - always with schrek)
Soviet Reserve Army (irregulars replaced with schrektisans)
Elite Troops (vet training replaced with stormtroopers)
Rifle Company (removed insta vet RMs, moved flamer from RMs to REs)
Soviet Industry (replaced "Soviet Industry" ability with fuel paradrop)
Elite Armor Doctrine (Pz.IV battlegroup replaced with Sturmtiger)

Stats changes -
Lend-Lease Tactics, Defensive Tactics (DSHKa buffs)
PPSh commanders (PPSh buffs so they won't be downgrade on mid distance)
ML-20 commanders (reworked number of shells, IIRC also damage)

Just few thing off the top of my head.
Not all these changes has made related commanders 100% viable, but these were steps in right direction nontheless.

Would love if the 45mm light AT-gun could be given the same gun as a t-70. Make it decent against both lights and a unique gun that can help with infantry, when it loses its usefulness against vehicles.

I thought about the same, but I came to conclusion that this may be too OP.
Just imagine 6-man T-70 gun a-moving blob as early as 2 CP.

It should get AN ABILITY (with ammo cost) to switch to HE shells and it should work for several seconds (or several shots?).
4 Jul 2016, 20:40 PM

I've been experimenting with the less popular of wher commanders lately, and honestly there is nothing "bad" about them. The abilities themselves aren't all that bad, and all provide some decent benefit. I just don't think they are as popular because they aren't as well rounded or provide call-ins that you can use to save yourself.

Ambush camo in particular i found to be pretty awesome, it basically gives you grens extra alpha damage every time you are engaged from cover, which can make a real difference. And successful pgren ambushes are almost garenteed wipes, but are a bit harder to pull off since you have to hold fire and watch them.

None of them are really on the level of say recon, where using the commander is actually worse then not using a commander at all. They are just a little boring and usually leave you relying entirely on core units, which isn't all that bad.
5 Jul 2016, 01:24 AM

I like storm but it has some serious flaws- one of them being that Grenadier squads don't really have enough DPS to do enough damage during an ambush to make a serious impact.

However invis PGs with schrecks will wreck medium armour.

Investing so much manpower & munitions into infantry is also a big risk with the wipey nature of these eastern germans.

Recon is my favourite commander BTW. I am a masochist.
5 Jul 2016, 06:10 AM

Can we also have a memorandum on which abilities can and cannot be summoned on base sectors? Because there seems to be no damn consistency.
5 Jul 2016, 09:26 AM

That'd be quite OP, however it'd be fine if it was a timed ability for muni, which depending on accuracy and lethality could have reduced RoF.
Remember CoH1 ATHT? Something like that.
5 Jul 2016, 21:15 PM

Interesting that the M3 call-in for USF is mentioned, but the 250 call-in for Ostheer is left out. That one doesn't even have an MG and the call-in costs ridiculous amounts in both cases.

Stormtroopers are also just laughable in their current position. They are worse in any aspect on call-in than Infiltration Commandos, yet they only cost 10 manpower less and have to pay significant amounts of ammo to become comparable to them (and even then they are still worse off).
5 Jul 2016, 21:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Interesting that the M3 call-in for USF is mentioned, but the 250 call-in for Ostheer is left out. That one doesn't even have an MG and the call-in costs ridiculous amounts in both cases

It's pretty terrible, but the Assault M3 manages to be even more delicate and thus even worse

But yeah, buff em' both.
nee
5 Jul 2016, 21:35 PM

Quick though on the subject: with Rapid Conscription and Relief Infantry, replace their spawn mechanism with the effects of OKW's Recoup Losses? Or even just replace them with Irregulars/ Osttruppen call-ins?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★