Login

russian armor

StrumPio Med Kits: A Proposal

29 Jun 2016, 15:24 PM

Previously it was rather easy to go Battlegroup and rely on Shreks as your light vehicle counter but with the recent patch's removal of Volk Shreks and added side-tech costs for OKW I've found that OKW can fall into a mid-game hole of sorts when it comes to light vehicle play.

While the timing of OKW's own light vehicles is fine (Puma arrives at same time as Stuart generally) but the problem (in my experience) is that with OKW's healing being locked behind an additional 55 fuel you are often forced into a Sophie's choice of forgoing healing (often not a pretty option) or delaying your medium tanks. It's rough because all 3 allied factions can get healing AND tech for medium tanks at the same time: with OKW's more expensive tanks I've often found myself handicapped just because I needed healing.

The answer: in my estimation OKW needs a more valid path to go Mechanized -> T4 if you don't want to have to fend of light vehicles with only Rakens and (maybe) 1 or 2 StrumPio shreks. Thus my proposal: change StrumPioneer Medical Crates to work like Luftwaffe Supply crates that give a 1 time AoE healing.

This gives OKW a second healing option with obvious downsides (one time use, munitions sink). If needed the cost/# of crates can be changed if needed for balance.

To a lesser extent this could be applied to the Ostheer Vet1 ability as well as a way to give you some tactical flexibility to heal in the field for a one-time munitions cost (the Vet 1 ability is currently 100% forgotten and objectively needs some kind of buff/change)
29 Jun 2016, 15:30 PM

Or just make it drop at Vet 0 and get like 4-5 use, easier to implement and would give healing while skipping t1
29 Jun 2016, 15:41 PM

Damn, SPios are indeed overburdened with roles nowadays.
29 Jun 2016, 15:43 PM

I think Relic has made it a point that only allies get AoE healing.
29 Jun 2016, 15:51 PM

The real problem imo is that you are forced to go for the otherwise useless Battlegroup HQ just to get healing. I mean if medics were to be moved to the main HQ nobody would bother with the Battlegroup HQ, which would end up being a glorified forward retreat.

What I'd do is move the medics upgrade to the main HQ since OKW is the only faction that needs a specific tech building to get healing. Then move either the Luchs or the Puma to the Battlegroup HQ so that there's a reason to build it. Maybe exchange it with the le.ig or whatever. So you either go Flak HT / Puma or le.ig / Luchs / Raketten on to schwerer HQ.
29 Jun 2016, 16:30 PM

Put Jagdpanzer IV back in Battlegroup HQ, that will give it some purpose.
29 Jun 2016, 16:35 PM

Its funny how Brits only need to invest 30 muni into healing and get much better Medkits than Wehrmacht in OKW where their healing is not even close to as powerful as the Brit one and you need to pay everytime :(
29 Jun 2016, 16:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 15:30 PMShanka
Or just make it drop at Vet 0 and get like 4-5 use, easier to implement and would give healing while skipping t1

Good suggestion, although if its too good then no one will go med truck first.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★