33%
Playing as British Forces is currently satisfying
Option Distribution Votes
70%
30%
Total votes: 748
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
28 Jun 2016, 09:31 AM

Hey guys, it's time for a poll about how much you enjoy playing each faction.
If you do NOT play a certain faction please don't vote said poll.

Feel free to comment WHY you like to play a certain faction and WHY NOT.
28 Jun 2016, 09:39 AM

Bugs aside, I'd say yes to all.
Ost:
You have more open strats, ost T4 and T3 are more accessible, resulting in tad less pressure on tech race and more reliable transition into very late T4 game, for early game you still need to rely on combined arms, but mine changes tremendously increased squad preservation and diminished mp bleed noticably.

Soviets:
PENALS!

OKW:
No more blobbing, seems less aggressive now, needs to rely on combined arms as any other army, just as strong in mid and late game due to faust and volk StGs(while not great, that is still AI boost).

UKF:
Not my fac faction, but I guess UC vickers K is valid upgrade now, same thing with mines applies to them.

USF:
Bugs and mortar balance aside, finally something to break the stale early game.
28 Jun 2016, 09:40 AM

The Eastern front factions have been left behind it feels.

Playing Ostheer is very unsatisfying. One mistake is still way more likely to cost you the game than with any other faction. Moderate early an mid game into a weak lategame is also not satisfying. It used to be satisfying being rewarded to stay in the game.

Similar for Soviets. The Vet bonuses for them are very weak and not rewarding.

And both factions have a huge pool of commanders that are not viable.
28 Jun 2016, 10:16 AM
Donator 11

Voted yes for USF( good infantry, flanking feels good), Soviets ( many tech possibilities) and one ( haven't played them much recently, but they have pretty powerful units)

Voted no for ostheer ( unit survivability with random wipes) and ukf ( main infantry slow, vet3 bug makes it senseless to build more of them)

Got to disagree with butcher: both have very good doctrines!
28 Jun 2016, 10:27 AM

Ostheer: my favourite faction, but I'd have to say no. I think what best describes them atm is "stressful". Congrats to whomever can play them effectively.
Soviet: no, not my cup of tea.
OKW: yes, I am enjoying the new OKW much more now, old one was boring as hell to play.
USF: yes, really strong and comfortable to play.
UKF: yes, I like to spam emplacements kappa.
28 Jun 2016, 10:34 AM

Got to disagree with butcher: both have very good doctrines!
You misunderstood me. I´m not saying they don´t have good doctrines. I´m saying they have a lot of doctrines that aren´t viable.

Defensive doc, Jäger infantry, Fortified armor, Joint ops, German infantry doc, Storm doc are all not that great for Ostheer.

For Soviets the NKVD Rifle disruption, Anti inf tactics, Conscripts support tactic, Defensive tactics, Counterattack tactics, Soviet industry tactics are lackluster imo.
28 Jun 2016, 10:45 AM

As someone else said, the Eastern Armies seem forgotten, compared to Western ones, no forward retreat point for example, Soviets have no real upgrades apart from shitty doctrinal ones that don't really buff cons a whole lot compared to other armies. OKW lacks a T0 MG (which doesn't fucking require another HQ truck in order to deploy), UKF lacks a mobile indirect fire support weapon which is not doctrinal or cost fuel and USF... Just too micro intensive and generally not interesting for me, they could make crew auto recrew their vehicles after they're done with the repairs and bring the weapon racks forward some way like the Brits.

In general you guys would love the game if Relic only let me fix it for them, and don't worry I won't mess with the balance without input from the community first but I think many people would enjoy the features I'd implement, some of which are mentioned here.
28 Jun 2016, 10:55 AM

Imo Ost always feel like your on the brink of losing, USF is predicated on Rifles>light vehicle>timing attack with Sherman
28 Jun 2016, 12:03 PM

• OST Balanced matchup against USF, extremely disadvantaged against the other 2 factions
    . If the T0 USF 81mm is going to stay then PGrens should be moved to HQ since HMG play and generally defensive playstyle and cover usage by grens won't be possible.
  • OKW Ridiculously overpriced units with average performance, Lack of an AT gun, No smoke ability, lack of a decent indirect fire unit like mortars (leIG is inaccurate and unreliable). Perfect victim for the SU and brits abusive play styles.
  • SU This faction is now cheesier than ever. No punishment for bad play or awful mistakes. Strongest call ins in game accompanied by the freshly buffed tier units, which got overbuffed just out of the blue and for no reason at all (last year Su76, M5 for example). Immortal support teams and overall an easy to play faction.
  • Brits Perfectly designed, no weaknesses at any stage. The most evolved iteration of CoH and should be the role model for all the other factions. It got even better now.
  • USF Still the best light vehicles. Medium vehicle play finally viable.

28 Jun 2016, 12:09 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 10:34 AMButcher
You misunderstood me. I´m not saying they don´t have good doctrines. I´m saying they have a lot of doctrines that aren´t viable.

Defensive doc, Jäger infantry, Fortified armor, Joint ops, German infantry doc, Storm doc are all not that great for Ostheer.

For Soviets the NKVD Rifle disruption, Anti inf tactics, Conscripts support tactic, Defensive tactics, Counterattack tactics, Soviet industry tactics are lackluster imo.

+1

Some of the doctrines are only good for team games. The ones with Elephant and Pak 43. German Infantry doctrine is probably the lamest thing I've ever seen. And none of the Tiger doctrines come free unlike free Soviet doctrines giving the IS-2.
28 Jun 2016, 12:11 PM

Permanently Banned
  • OST Balanced matchup against USF, extremely disadvantaged against the other 2 factions
    . If the T0 USF 81mm is going to stay then PGrens should be moved to HQ since HMG play and generally defensive playstyle and cover usage by grens won't be possible.
  • OKW Ridiculously overpriced units with average performance, Lack of an AT gun, No smoke ability, lack of a decent indirect fire unit like mortars (leIG is inaccurate and unreliable). Perfect victim for the SU and brits abusive play styles.
  • SU This faction is now cheesier than ever. No punishment for bad play or awful mistakes. Strongest call ins in game accompanied by the freshly buffed tier units, which got overbuffed just out of the blue and for no reason at all (last year Su76, M5 for example). Immortal support teams and overall an easy to play faction.
  • Brits Perfectly designed, no weaknesses at any stage. The most evolved iteration of CoH and should be the role model for all the other factions. It got even better now.
  • USF Still the best light vehicles. Medium vehicle play finally viable.

Have to disagree with OST being balanced against USF. It is the least balanced against USF. I feel I have a fair chance against the other two, but USF just smashes OST way too hard early game, even if u survive it, Ostheer late game is non-existant due to the useless tier 4.
28 Jun 2016, 12:14 PM

Permanently Banned
Imo Ost always feel like your on the brink of losing, USF is predicated on Rifles>light vehicle>timing attack with Sherman

+1 Playing Ost is not rewarding at all. When you're playing well against USF, Relic is telling you congrats, you've managed to stay alive so you can enjoy your non-existent late game. And finally you're allowed at least half the map since you were struggling just to keep a third of it. If you're playing USF against Ost and you're doing well, its probably, like "Great work, u killed an mg and were able to steal it away, now the only thing that was keeping Ost in the game is gone and u can cap the entire map."
28 Jun 2016, 12:20 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 10:34 AMButcher

Well, they have a huge Pool of viable doctrines aswell, more than the other factions IMO. Seeing that both have about 20, some of them will always be lackluster, but that should not be a point of concern
28 Jun 2016, 12:20 PM

Permanently Banned
Ostheer was always stressful but with the mine changes, and other theoretical changes, this patch should make Ostheer less stressful, except against the bloody USF!!! This is mainly due to the bugged op USF mortar. Relic claims to have hotfixed it, only nerfing its range, when everything else about the USF mortar is far better than the Ostheer mortar. Plus the bug where the US mortar can see through the fog of war and constantly fire at where your units are moving has not been fixed. So, the mines are less deadly, but this mortar will not allow ANY infantry to stand still. A single shell can squad wipe your 4 man squads. And this is quite common after getting vet 2 on the mortar. The accuracy buffs from vet are just overboard! Vet 2 US mortar > pack howi any day.
28 Jun 2016, 14:26 PM

Have to disagree with OST being balanced against USF.
The only USF unit over performing against axis is the Stuart.

Indeed it is much more effective than the ost PIV in terms of timing, cost, wiping potential of 4 man units and moving accuracy.

Fix that POS and they are evenly matched.
28 Jun 2016, 14:38 PM

Relic could move on putting Gren/pio/HMG42 T0, but still requering T1 to access pfaust so Ostheer get a bit more early flexibility by delaying T1 or jumping T2 if the player feel good enough to skip pfaust.

Second move (to be tested) could be the 251 moving T1 but here again requiring T2 to get flamers.
28 Jun 2016, 14:46 PM

Ost : 222 cost still hmmm...
Sov : WTF B-4 30 popcap
OKW : Medics should cost 250mp same as soviet
USF : Dat BUG...
UKF : nothing really changes.
28 Jun 2016, 15:35 PM

Ost: stressful, not rewarding, feels like a struggle versus game design, t4 is now decent, but still too expensive to get in a 1v1
SOV: Feel solid, still miss upgrades for their infantry, most of their vet 1 abilities aren't great.
USF: feels good early and mid game, I still feel like they lack hard in the late game even with the buffed jackson.
OKW: Feels lackluster somehow. Teching feels off, you get light vehicles and you will bleed since you can't get healing soon enough, get healing and you can't deal with light vehicles in a effective way..
UKF: I still dislike this faction. New UC seems good now, still won't help you vs double 222. Otherwise, they outperform OKW and Ost in the early game, mid game and late game.

OST, USF and OKW need the most work. OST needs a more solid early game, USF needs a hard rework with their teching (going LT vs Captain for teching wise isn't really a choice, always go captain), OKW need their teching looked at, medics are just too expensive now (70 fuel).

28 Jun 2016, 19:19 PM

Ostheer: Fine at is it. Light vehicles can come out early to counter new soviet penals.

Soviets: Needs Vet 1 abilities that are actually useful, conscripts still useless because lack of weapons. B-4 and KV-1 need serious fixes. Other than that it's good.

OKW: Finally stops blobbing and needs to utilize their unique units (infra red, raketen) in a combined arms approach. Perfectly fine except for medics (should be same as Soviets!)

USF: Fix the bug and chain-mortar and we are good.

UKF: No radical changes. Fine as it is.
28 Jun 2016, 20:00 PM
Donator 11

People that voted yes "it's satisfying" to play as Ostheer are complete derps.

Let me reiterate, here's the definition of satisfying since the majority of people who voted (yes) don't understand the meaning: Giving fulfillment or the pleasure associated with this.

The people that voted yes are either trolls or derps that enjoy suffering.

My point being, how is playing with the weakest, most micro'd, most time consuming, most likely to get squad wiped, weak mid game counters to light vehicles faction, satisfying to play with?

If I'm missing something, please reply because through the few years of playing this game have lately (the last year) not found it "Satisfying" fun to play with Ostheer.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment