Login

russian armor

Relic. What is counter part for Brit arty cover?

28 Jun 2016, 16:45 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

To be fair Relic changed allied off-maps to prevent OKW truck one shots (Brit Air Sup. and Concentrated Barrage comes to mind) any of the other strikes like USF TOT Arty takes off maybe 70% from what I've seen depending on how shells land.

The difference is that if you force Brits to burn brace then most other generally cheaper off-maps will one shot emplacements. It's the same thing more or less

Soften up OKW Truck -> Off-Map finishes off
Force Brits to burn Brace -> Off-Map finishes off

As has been said before - brace needs to exist or else emplacements won't work at all. Don't use your off-map when you know Brace is available and you won't have that problem.

By your logic then OKW Trucks won't work without Brace either but they do. Emplacements should be the same, soften up and offmap if needed. After all Brits just put a repair station right next to them or enable fortified emplacements.

What about PAK43? Are you saying it should get brace? Otherwise its worthless right? Brace is just a get out of jail card that only Brits get as an excuse for bad design. A well timed push or offmap should be rewarded with a dead emplacement, not a shiny green LOL Symbol while you leisurely reinforce and bring your entire army back on the field to support it.
28 Jun 2016, 17:07 PM

You really have no concept of balance.

I can tell you haven't played british at all. Without brace your 400mp investment (and only form of indirect besides doctrinal mattress) would be killed way too easily.

Pak43 can and should be put behind shot blockers for protection, and has 10 upkeep. Let's compare that to the "overpowered british emplacement" equivalent that is twice the size and can't fire through geometry.

Comparing brit emplacements to OKW trucks that have more hp, more armor and aren't on the front line is a shit argument and only proves your bias.
28 Jun 2016, 17:17 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 17:07 PMArclyte

I can tell you haven't played british at all. Without brace your 400mp investment (and only form of indirect besides doctrinal mattress) would be killed way too easily.

Don't forget base arty? Ya know, the free howies in your base? 400mp investment lol. How about the cost of units that it takes to attempt to destroy it? WAY more than 400mp...

I've played Brits in 2v2, they're incredibly easy, extremely flexible, have probably the best healing in the game, and the best all around tanks.
28 Jun 2016, 17:19 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 17:07 PMArclyte

Pak43 can and should be put behind shot blockers for protection, and has 10 upkeep. Let's compare that to the "overpowered british emplacement" equivalent that is twice the size and can't fire through geometry.

It can fire through geometry, its just an ability. How long does a PAK43 usually survive? A few minutes, because offmap kills it instantly. PAK43 is also doctrinal whereas Brits can access all their camping supplies from any doc.
28 Jun 2016, 17:24 PM

Are you really going to sit here and defend the current state of the 17lber? Really?

Offmaps should not be one shotting howitzers or the pak 43. Wiping the crew is ok. This has been a problem for a long time.

Braindead one-click abilities should not be deleting 600mp howies and 500mp 88s.
28 Jun 2016, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 14:46 PMKatitof

I'm not entirely sure how should I reply to you.

Brace was added specifically to hardcounter off-maps and barrage weapons to prevent what happened to on-map arty vs bombing runs.

There really isn't other reason and this one is directly from relic themselves.
Basically the whole point of brace existence is EXACTLY the thing you have the beef with, to prevent damage from off-maps and alpha strike abilities/units.

Then why does only one team get it, despite most teams having emplacements? Where's the truck brace? PAK44 brace? Bunker Brace? Flak Brace? Fighting Positions brace? Repair station brace?

All of those emplacements have similar survivability to UKF emplacements, but for some reason, they don't have brace.
28 Jun 2016, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 17:24 PMArclyte
Are you really going to sit here and defend the current state of the 17lber? Really?

Offmaps should not be one shotting howitzers or the pak 43. Wiping the crew is ok. This has been a problem for a long time.

Braindead one-click abilities should not be deleting 600mp howies and 500mp 88s.

So you ok if I am gonna snipe Bofors crew with sniper or Mortar as u can do it with PAK43.

I am ok U can have it like 5 popcap. and fuel free.
28 Jun 2016, 18:23 PM
Donator 11

Really? Have you tasted OKW Zero Artillery yet? See if plasma shield preserve you.

oh no the late game 300 munis ability can counter early game 300mp emplacement. axes opee plis nrf
28 Jun 2016, 20:18 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

This ability has no counter other than getting out of the AoE . Super OP ability that lets you correct your mistakes or allow you to make a really idiotic push into heavily defended areas.
28 Jun 2016, 20:29 PM

This ability has been nerfed into the void along with its commander. I cannot believe people still call this 250mun ability, merely which stuppresses infantry and increases the reload time of vehicles, OP.
28 Jun 2016, 21:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

-The FHQ should be cheaper
-Other abilities should be way cheaper (strafe, artillery, recon, smoke)
-Artillery cover should be part of the FHQ. Bring back it's old firepower. Replace AC with any of the abilities been part of the FHQ.

29 Jun 2016, 01:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 16:45 PMBudwise
By your logic then OKW Trucks won't work without Brace either but they do. Emplacements should be the same, soften up and offmap if needed. After all Brits just put a repair station right next to them or enable fortified emplacements.

What about PAK43? Are you saying it should get brace? Otherwise its worthless right? Brace is just a get out of jail card that only Brits get as an excuse for bad design. A well timed push or offmap should be rewarded with a dead emplacement, not a shiny green LOL Symbol while you leisurely reinforce and bring your entire army back on the field to support it.

If Brace didn't exist, emplacements would need significantly more health to be a viable proposition. If you check emplacement health values you will notice that the most durable emplacement (Bofors) has roughly half the health of the Schwerer Panzer Headquarters and none of the emplacements are easy to miss with AT guns or indirect fire.

I'm not saying that emplacements are well designed (the best counters to the 17-Pounder are AT guns, the Mortar Pit is microless and far too expensive for basic indirect fire, the Bofors speaks for itself) but that Brace is very well designed to prevent emplacements being extremely hard to kill.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 17:17 PMBudwise
Don't forget base arty? Ya know, the free howies in your base? 400mp investment lol. How about the cost of units that it takes to attempt to destroy it? WAY more than 400mp...

I've played Brits in 2v2, they're incredibly easy, extremely flexible, have probably the best healing in the game, and the best all around tanks.

I'm sure you are quite a good player and very good with UKF but describing the base arty as indirect fire disregards reality. Base arty is, at best, a fancy satchel charge. If you need to get an infantry unit within weapons-range to use it, it's not indirect fire.

If you're going to play UKF in 2v2 and abuse emplacements, they're not going to be difficult to play. I barely play USF and I'm sure I could win several games abusing the mortar and stacking bug.

Then why does only one team get it, despite most teams having emplacements? Where's the truck brace? PAK44 brace? Bunker Brace? Flak Brace? Fighting Positions brace? Repair station brace?

All of those emplacements have similar survivability to UKF emplacements, but for some reason, they don't have brace.

OKW trucks have high health instead, the 17-Pounder would be better as a Pak-43 clone, and Bunkers/Fighting Positions/Repair Stations aren't units (why can't trenches Brace?). Flak comes up every time Brace is discussed and everyone thinks that it's under-powered.

The actual reason is that UKF is the most recent faction and Relic has learned from previous experiments with emplacements. Not enough, obviously, but they've learned. :)

This ability has no counter other than getting out of the AoE . Super OP ability that lets you correct your mistakes or allow you to make a really idiotic push into heavily defended areas.

You should be able to break LOS to avoid being targeted. You can also dodge the AT shells by keeping your tanks moving.

I wouldn't call it "Super OP" in its current state.

-The FHQ should be cheaper
-Other abilities should be way cheaper (strafe, artillery, recon, smoke)
-Artillery cover should be part of the FHQ. Bring back it's old firepower. Replace AC with any of the abilities been part of the FHQ.

If you have to add pre-nerf Artillery Cover to the FHQ to make it useful, the FHQ is badly designed. The cost should be reduced and it should be reworked to make it less/not reliant on munitions (Field Recovery Operation is the only non-munition ability in the doctrine).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Mexico 21
unknown 11
Germany 230
New Zealand 12
Peru 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias