Login

russian armor

Relic. What is counter part for Brit arty cover?

28 Jun 2016, 08:12 AM

Retreat? All pull back?
28 Jun 2016, 08:42 AM

The same thing as vs any other off-map, get out or get rekt.
That's simple.
28 Jun 2016, 09:22 AM

Something tells me that this ability has nothing to other offmap arty
28 Jun 2016, 10:16 AM
Donator 22

retreat and maybe tank smoke
28 Jun 2016, 10:47 AM

Nvm though he meant counter arty.
28 Jun 2016, 10:51 AM

Same thing you do when a Stuka Dive Bomb is coming in
28 Jun 2016, 12:08 PM

To remove some ambiguous assumptions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCSucXc4zXM

vs Recon I can use Ostwind for example. but What is counter part for Brit arty cover?

ps Its old one but still ability is incrediably powerfull

better than STUKA CAS
28 Jun 2016, 13:29 PM

A really strong umbrella? I don't understand the question, you can't counter off-maps unless you count dodging as a counter lol
28 Jun 2016, 13:50 PM

To remove some ambiguous assumptions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCSucXc4zXM

vs Recon I can use Ostwind for example. but What is counter part for Brit arty cover?

ps Its old one but still ability is incrediably powerfull

better than STUKA CAS

Read the patch notes about the nerf to arty cover. Arty cover was greatly nerfed several patches ago. IIRC, it doesn't trigger unless the Brit player has armor in the area and it doesn't do a lot of damage to armor now. There isn't really a counter so either concentrate on their armor or retreat from the area.

Stuka CAS is much better because the planes arrive faster. Slower vehicles often get destroyed before they can get out of the area.
28 Jun 2016, 13:51 PM

you can't counter off-maps unless you count dodging as a counter lol

So return plz CAS Plane that that would deny area for some time. Plus remove AA capabiliies of AA gun.
28 Jun 2016, 13:52 PM

and make it cheaper plz
28 Jun 2016, 14:11 PM

So return plz CAS Plane that that would deny area for some time. Plus remove AA capabiliies of AA gun.

Planes are not off-maps, except for Stuka dive bomb, they are all on-maps.

They are call-ins, but most certainly not off-maps.

Off map artillery strikes are exactly that, imaginary arty, which resides OFF MAP is shooting on map.
Planes are temporary units that are called in for the timer, number of strikes or until shot down, but they are still units.

You're literally comparing apples to oranges here and generally make no sense.
28 Jun 2016, 14:19 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

A really strong umbrella? I don't understand the question, you can't counter off-maps unless you count dodging as a counter lol

Unless you're Brits. Brace TROLOLOL
28 Jun 2016, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 14:19 PMBudwise

Unless you're Brits. Brace TROLOLOL

Well, you can't really retreat emplacements and everything that was even remote threat to OKW trucks was battered with nerfs where its not an issue, unless you don't know where your pios went instead of repairing stuff.
28 Jun 2016, 14:25 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Trucks still come within 10% of death vs most allied offmaps so if they're even partially damaged its gonna be a dead truck. What does braced emplacments take? Maybe 5% damage for 200+ munis lol.

Please Kati, please try and defend this as legit! I beg of you! Show me your allied force, strike me down with it!
28 Jun 2016, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 14:25 PMBudwise
Trucks still come within 10% of death vs most allied offmaps so if they're even partially damaged its gonna be a dead truck. What does braced emplacments take? Maybe 5% damage for 200+ munis lol.

Please Kati, please try and defend this as legit! I beg of you! Show me your allied force, strike me down with it!

I'm not entirely sure how should I reply to you.

Brace was added specifically to hardcounter off-maps and barrage weapons to prevent what happened to on-map arty vs bombing runs.

There really isn't other reason and this one is directly from relic themselves.
Basically the whole point of brace existence is EXACTLY the thing you have the beef with, to prevent damage from off-maps and alpha strike abilities/units.
28 Jun 2016, 15:00 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 14:46 PMKatitof

I'm not entirely sure how should I reply to you.

Brace was added specifically to hardcounter off-maps and barrage weapons to prevent what happened to on-map arty vs bombing runs.

There really isn't other reason and this one is directly from relic themselves.
Basically the whole point of brace existence is EXACTLY the thing you have the beef with, to prevent damage from off-maps and alpha strike abilities/units.

Yes, it is a plasma shield against anything and everything not just offmap arty. It is a failure on behalf of Relic that it even exists in the game, and if I was face to face with the person who came up with it I would look them in the eye and tell them the same thing.

So back to the original topic, unless you have Brit plasma shields, and offmap arty is called in you need to vacate the area.
28 Jun 2016, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 15:00 PMBudwise

Yes, it is a plasma shield against anything and everything not just offmap arty. It is a failure on behalf of Relic that it even exists in the game, and if I was face to face with the person who came up with it I would look them in the eye and tell them the same thing.

So back to the original topic, unless you have Brit plasma shields, and offmap arty is called in you need to vacate the area.

Really? Have you tasted OKW Zero Artillery yet? See if plasma shield preserve you.
28 Jun 2016, 16:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 14:25 PMBudwise

To be fair Relic changed allied off-maps to prevent OKW truck one shots (Brit Air Sup. and Concentrated Barrage comes to mind) any of the other strikes like USF TOT Arty takes off maybe 70% from what I've seen depending on how shells land.

The difference is that if you force Brits to burn brace then most other generally cheaper off-maps will one shot emplacements. It's the same thing more or less

Soften up OKW Truck -> Off-Map finishes off
Force Brits to burn Brace -> Off-Map finishes off

As has been said before - brace needs to exist or else emplacements won't work at all. Don't use your off-map when you know Brace is available and you won't have that problem.
28 Jun 2016, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 08:42 AMKatitof
The same thing as vs any other off-map, get out or get rekt.
That's simple.

This. As soon you see the strange minimap symbols and colours, pull back.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★