Login

russian armor

OKW LeFH 18 Artillery

17 Jun 2016, 16:55 PM

Camping till KT is and always has been a decent OKW tactic. If they were not supposed to be played defensively at all then they probably would look a lot more like USF.

SO now campy OKW will outcamp OH who is supposedly defensive? I've always thought OKW to be a more like SU: aggressive inf play than follow up by light vehicle or rush to PzIV.
17 Jun 2016, 16:58 PM

Now give OKW sniper in one of the new commanders and we could deleate ost
17 Jun 2016, 17:02 PM

Isn't it ironic how cancerous OKW turtleing will counter cancerous British turtleing?
Please stop equating cancer cities that can be invincible by pressing a mere button and repair themselves with 120 fuel OKW trucks that can´t be braced and delete a whole tech tier when destroyed and crew weapons that can be two shot killed by tanks.
17 Jun 2016, 17:08 PM

Allies dont have stuka dive bomb + recon + No armor here combo

Just sayin ;)

Recon+ IL2 bombstrike and ISU-152 is in a doctrine.
17 Jun 2016, 17:09 PM

Isn't it ironic how cancerous OKW turtleing will counter cancerous British turtleing?

Technically, Zeroing Artillery (from the same doctrine) is a pretty dank ability vs heavy-Brit cancer; It auto-deletes every single emplacement on a decent radius and gives exactly 0 fucks about brace.

Just when I thought that non-doc MG34 & Snares would render Elite Armour one of the most powerful doctrines in the game (for teamgames), Relic had to go ahead and revamp that commander. I guess it's now becoming an interesting dilemma!

OKW has always held an incredible potential for turtling (T4, durable retreat points, IRHT, etc). However, turtling always boils down to who has long-range superiority. This is because, obviously, you can't turtle if you are constantly being shelled upon. I wonder if we are going to see Leigfeist-style type of cancer from the OKW again, given the changes to the doctrine.
17 Jun 2016, 17:27 PM

Recon+ IL2 bombstrike and ISU-152 is in a doctrine.

they lack recon. In one of the is shocks + armor detection + cons repairs + isu and bombing run combo

and in second doc. there are guards + mark (not really recon) + stealth at guns + isu n bombing run combo.

So no reckon all in all ;)
17 Jun 2016, 18:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Fortifications back into the meta? We have gone full 2014 all over again :P
17 Jun 2016, 18:31 PM

another copy from ost units to the unique okw yeeeeeeey!!

lazy, just lazy
17 Jun 2016, 18:39 PM

they lack recon. In one of the is shocks + armor detection + cons repairs + isu and bombing run combo

and in second doc. there are guards + mark (not really recon) + stealth at guns + isu n bombing run combo.

So no reckon all in all ;)

Correct my mistake.
17 Jun 2016, 18:46 PM

When will Soviets be allowed to have a good tank and howitzer in the same commander?
This is just going to make the OKW trailer park even more obnoxious when they can just shell anything while stalling for a King Tiger
17 Jun 2016, 19:06 PM

Hopefully smoke barrage at vet 1 and increased damage (200) at vet 5.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 18:31 PMBanillo
another copy from ost units to the unique okw yeeeeeeey!!

lazy, just lazy
Yes, all factions feel the same now.
17 Jun 2016, 19:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Fortifications back into the meta? We have gone full 2014 all over again :P

'Least the heavy spam is dead and gone.
17 Jun 2016, 19:24 PM

Just sayin ;)

While I agree their combos are less potent than eyes in the sky followed by unstoppable heavenly fist, they have plenty of their own, and in team games they never lack.

We are talking about Brit Cancer Commander which has its own offmap to delete any revealed arty, and if it is a game with another Brit player, recon flares will make sure you can drop it without risking a unit. Or you can use free recon on a Bren carrier.

If you are American the options are easy as pie. You get recon planes when you get Shermans with the Major, or you can get something from a doc, and many American Docs have arty that is harmless to all but stationary targets.

Soviets have only the bombing run, but they do have recon overflight in a couple of docs and are most limited in this respect.

Not trying to be contrary, because I understand your comment was a bit tongue in cheek, and I completely agree that the Wehr version is better, but in my experience Allies have no problem getting LoS on static arty.
17 Jun 2016, 23:49 PM

Permanently Banned
Yea, great. Instead of making new arty unit for OKW, they copy LeFH... Relics are sooo lazy.

Btw, that's good, that OKW will have some kind of howitzer support now. Even if it was their weakpoint as faction. Maybe they will fix weakpoints of other factions too, like "nondoc mid-heavy tanks for USSR"?

If you put it that way everyone will start demanding more units. How about a non-doc puma for Ostheer in tier 2 to f*** off all light armor.
18 Jun 2016, 03:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 15:41 PMJaedrik
Cool, artillery! Though, I haven't seen much usefulness for on-map artillery / AT emplacements in general in high level play.

BORING

How about 2 STGs and 1 G43 that improves long range dps?! Call it "War Material Package" or something idk :D

What about 1 STG 1 MP40 1 g43 and 1 MG42 and call it 'lul package' :sibHyena:
18 Jun 2016, 03:42 AM

What about 1 STG 1 MP40 1 g43 and 1 MG42 and call it 'lul package' :sibHyena:

My dude
And then add the shrek back in for maximum keks
18 Jun 2016, 03:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2016, 03:42 AMJaedrik

My dude
And then add the shrek back in for maximum keks

Turns squad into 250 mp obers

with anti-tank
18 Jun 2016, 03:44 AM

Turns squad into 250 mp obers

with anti-tank

Let them fire while moving and suppress with the LMG42 and now we're talking really cooking
18 Jun 2016, 03:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 22:13 PMNapalm

Just took a poke in the game files.

Vet 1 bonus +10% more loud
Vet 2 bonus +5% barrel length
Vet 3 bonus +2% more paint
Vet 4 bonus additional +10% more loud
Vet 5 bonus precision atom bomb launch for 90 munitions

vet 5 v2 rocket pls lelic
18 Jun 2016, 09:07 AM

Just sayin ;)

Right, major has not a non-doc recon. *facepalm*
Brits have a doc-arty which can be called on FoW.
Soviets are fucked though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS