Login

russian armor

Stormtroopers should have better veterancy bonuses

Should stormtroopers get better veterancy bonuses?
Option Distribution Votes
20%
68%
13%
Total votes: 40
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
10 Jun 2016, 09:30 AM

Stormtroopers with stgs are very expensive yet they scale poorly with veterancy. I tested panzergrenadiers vs stormtroopers with vet 0 and vet 3. With vet 0 stormtroopers won 3 out of 4 times and with vet 3 they lost all 4 times. They need to have at least the same vet bonuses as pgrens but they probably should be even better considering their insane cost.
10 Jun 2016, 09:35 AM

the fact that the storms are losing plainly vs grens is sad
10 Jun 2016, 10:20 AM

Stormtroopers not a main line infatry.
10 Jun 2016, 10:42 AM

They're Elites, they should have nice veterancy
10 Jun 2016, 11:11 AM

Elite squads are supposed to be better than normal squads already at Vet0 (i.e., they are frontloaded). Stormtroopers have a -25% received accuracy modifier at Vet0; that's huge.

The reason that it doesn't show is that Axis squad spacing is terrible, and they tend to get oneshotted by grenades/mines/mortars/pak-howies/stray-tank-shells/

Now, regarding bonuses:
- The difference in price between squads should already be reflected in the Vet0 bonuses
- Every squad in the game should get exactly the same amount of raw-stat bonuses as they vet from Vet1 to Vet3 (or Vet5).
- It would be interesting to see Vet1 EFA bonuses that are not a variant of Trip-flare-mines/Medkit

The reason is that:
- Bonuses are multiplicative (thus, if you start better, and you get the same bonuses, you will already scale better)
- If we ignore that rule, we are going to have squads that scale better, for no reason at all (see post-patch Penals, every single OKW infantry except for Volks, Riflemen), or scale worse than the rest (e.g., Commandos, Tommies)
- These modifiers also apply to captured weapons as well (something you cannot control). Post-patch, if a Penal squad captures an lmg34, you are going to have a baaaad time.

Now, regarding the performance gap between squads should be reflected at Vet0 with the following modifiers:
- Target size
- Squad size
- A passive accuracy modifier

Currently the passive accuracy modifier doesn't exist. Squads that are supposed to be better with their weapons only get the bonus for their base-weapons, not weapons that they pick up. This, completely, sucks for these squads, as they make captured weapons scale worse.
10 Jun 2016, 11:12 AM

I would just rename them to "Tele ostruppen".

Stormtroopers getting shat on by baseline USF inf is funny.
10 Jun 2016, 11:19 AM

Their stg upgrade is also way too expensive. Not worth it to invest 100 munitions in a unit that doesn't scale very well.
10 Jun 2016, 11:46 AM
Donator 11

Their stg upgrade also melts every squad, including shocks in a matter of second.
10 Jun 2016, 11:51 AM

the upcoming bundle grenade buff is a huge indirect buff to the stormtroopers. However id like to see their vet2 and vet3 switched like normal pgrens rather then gren type vet.
10 Jun 2016, 12:09 PM

What is "Elite" infantry? How do you identify whether infantry squad Elite or not?

Are following infantry squads counted as Elite?
- Panzergrenadiers
- Osttruppen
- Penal Batalion (prebuff/postbuff)
- Panzerfusiliers
- Partizans (Schreck/PPSh)

And the main question: why people think that unit should perform better if they label it as "Elite"?
10 Jun 2016, 12:22 PM

^ You can avoid all that confusion and complexity by just admitting the fact that stormtooppers suck.
10 Jun 2016, 12:23 PM

And the main question: why people think that unit should perform better if they label it as "Elite"?

Unit should perform better if it costs more. In case of stormtroopers that's not true.
10 Jun 2016, 13:42 PM

What is "Elite" infantry? How do you identify whether infantry squad Elite or not?

Are following infantry squads counted as Elite?
- Panzergrenadiers
- Osttruppen
- Penal Batalion (prebuff/postbuff)
- Panzerfusiliers
- Partizans (Schreck/PPSh)

"Elite" infantry is a combat unit that performs (much) better versus it's standard counterpart. I think that "Elite" infantry is what you get either from late-game buildings/structures or commanders.

If Obers cost 400 MP and Falls cost 440 -> I really recommend them to be better than an average USF Riflemen or UKF standard Section/RE.
Or if Shock Troops cost 390 MP and Guards cost 330 -> I again really recommend them to be better than a standard Pgren or Gren squad

Because if Obers would perform exactly as Cons, why the heck would you invest in a MP heavy unit that can't even outclass a cheapass squad?

I'm not an expert but that's just my opinion.
10 Jun 2016, 13:51 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2016, 13:42 PMDanyek

"Elite" infantry is a combat unit that performs (much) better versus it's standard counterpart. I think that "Elite" infantry is what you get either from late-game buildings/structures or commanders.

If Obers cost 400 MP and Falls cost 440 -> I really recommend them to be better than an average USF Riflemen or UKF standard Section/RE.
Or if Shock Troops cost 390 MP and Guards cost 330 -> I again really recommend them to be better than a standard Pgren or Gren squad

Because if Obers would perform exactly as Cons, why the heck would you invest in a MP heavy unit that can't even outclass a cheapass squad?

I'm not an expert but that's just my opinion.

Then ask yourself why you invest in stormtroopers. Either you invest in them for buidling spawn, camo and ridiculous ability they get with stg upgrade or you shouldn't invest in them at all.
10 Jun 2016, 13:57 PM

buff storms,obers,pgs and falls..they all get raped left and right by rifles and tommies,and close to medium range from paras and rangers thats fine but not standard infy though
10 Jun 2016, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2016, 13:42 PMDanyek
"Elite" infantry is a combat unit that performs (much) better versus it's standard counterpart.

They're Elites, they should have nice veterancy

If they perform better, they are Elites.
If they are Elites, they should perform better.

Infinite buff-loop?
10 Jun 2016, 14:12 PM

Stormtrooper is extremely useful for scouting, but not for combat. Its detection ability can hack the whole map, while remaining camouflage. I would love stormtrooper to be better, but not to the point they are better than panzergrenadier in term of combat.

And overlapping roles only make the game worse. This only lead the game to ruins where all factions are the same.
10 Jun 2016, 14:52 PM

If they perform better, they are Elites.
If they are Elites, they should perform better.

Infinite buff-loop?

If only :) There're two points "classified as elite" and "having elite stats" Sadly the Stormtroopers are elite in name only.

Elites should be better than mainline inf I meant. We can stop there I think :)
10 Jun 2016, 14:58 PM
Donator 11

If only :) There're two points "classified as elite" and "having elite stats" Sadly the Stormtroopers are elite in name only.

Elites should be better than mainline inf I meant. We can stop there I think :)

The game says that grens are elite. Grens are also mainline infantry. Should grens be better than grens? :D
10 Jun 2016, 15:06 PM

Then ask yourself why you invest in stormtroopers. Either you invest in them for buidling spawn, camo and ridiculous ability they get with stg upgrade or you shouldn't invest in them at all.

I don't. Case and point :D I contempt storms because I personally don't like Elite Troops and Encirclement. I don't say that they are bad, just don't fit my playstyle. I prefer the OKW JLI if I need building popping, sneaky squads.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★