Login

russian armor

Japan faction "proposal" with mod.

18 Jul 2016, 01:35 AM

have you tried to make the unit portraits/voices be put into the game yet?
18 Jul 2016, 03:48 AM

To be honest Japan would make a very interesting faction to add and will bring some unique faction mechanics to the table

Italy could also make a unique faction even with German support but Afrika Korps is gonna be the bland copy paste weapons and tanks from Wehrmacht and OKW again which for the Axis is starting to get boring

Japan would bring something fresh to the table and with Americans and Brits fighting alongside Soviets,I&R StGs, Pershings, Comets many people wouldnt mind Japan being added with some weapons/vehicles that saw little to no use fighting alongside Germans
with Japs faction look-a-like i'd go like this:
(faction mix of ostheer, soviets and OKW)

HQ: Engies (standard 4 man, rifles), Rifles (5 man, rifles, some nade, AT nade, upgrade with LMG or SMG)
T1: MG, mortar and sniper
T2: light AT gun (37mm i think), AT rifles squad (some 5 man with semi-auto AT rifle) and some 222 alike vehicle but with no 20mm cannon but with MG's (forgot it's name)
T3: some mix of light tank, tank destroyers, HT's and early med tank - light tank like Ha-Go, TD like Ho-I (like SU-76 but with better penetration) med tank like Chi-Ha
T4: since brits got Comet that never fought in WW2 then why not give somethink better to japs - some standard med - Chi-Nu, heavy like Chi-To. some arty stuff, so SPG or rocket SPG, maybe SNLF squad

call-ins and other stuff: 150mm mortar, 75mm flak (similar to flak88 but with worse gun) flame tank (with 5 flamers around it), some SPG's or other arty types, Ha-To (which is like Sturmtiger on halftrack), some elite infantry

Japanese faction would be tbh the most interesting army in terms of combined arms, firepower and flexibility

Overall its a good army design Barton, I wouldnt mind Japan being added with something similar to this

But question for you and everyone else, who would want an Anzac commander for Brits and USMC commander for USF if Japan is added

I dont know much about Soviet-Japan conflicts in WW2 but they could get a Pacific commander aswell
18 Jul 2016, 07:13 AM

Marines deserve to be their own faction, not a throwaway commander.
18 Jul 2016, 12:11 PM

have you tried to make the unit portraits/voices be put into the game yet?

I am not sure what you mean.

New voices cant be added to the game,but i have been adding unit portraits using photos of the real things.
23 Jul 2016, 22:04 PM

Update:
-The kurogane cannot hold troops anymore.
-The gunship now has its proper naval gun.
-Port engineers now costs a bit of fuel.Mostly because the computer just kept spamming them,which lagged the game a lot.
-Konoe squads can now booby trap capture points.
-The Kurogane now has a recon ability,and can use forward observer's abilities for him,but only if he is built.
30 Jul 2016, 17:18 PM

Update:
-The 47mm AT gun can now stealth anywhere at command.
-The Ha-Go is now built in T1,and it costs 50 fuel instead of 70 now.
-The Ha-Go now has the same armor values as the type 92 armored car.
-The Ha-Go can now get an upgrade that turns it into the Type 4 Ke-Nu,increasing the effectiveness of its cannon.
-Added the Chi-Ha to the T3 building.
-Konoe squads can now get an upgrade that gives them 3 recoiless rifles.
1 Aug 2016, 14:35 PM

Update,sorta:
-Changed the look of the Japanese base structures,as the base Soviet ones in use were pretty bland.It should also be easier to distinguish them based on the roles now.
3 Aug 2016, 09:25 AM

Update:
-The forward observer now actually looks like an officer,which should make it easier to distinguish in the middle of combat.Also,he now has a pistol instead of a rifle,so he is less combat effective.
-Buffed the damage of the Konoe's rifle.They should be able to match enemy mainline infantry now.
-Konoe squads now fire their rifles without pause while in melee range,to simulate katana/bayonet combat.
-There was an issue with how the defensive warfare building interacted with the terrain in which it was built.Its fixed now.
-Naval paratroopers and units now use the "type i(talian)" rifle,which has a fixed duration,short reload,unlike the unstable type 38 Konoe squads use,which has a variable,long reload.
-The type 100 flamethrower now has its proper model.
6 Aug 2016, 14:14 PM

Update:
-Instead of two grenade upgrades in the HQ,there is now a single upgrade that unlocks both grenades.
-Fixed the AI,so that it now considers civil engineers as builder units,and not as fighting units.
-Made work towards making the AI build T2 before T1,so that it doesnt spend 2 minutes without producing something while waiting for resources to make AT Konoe.
6 Aug 2016, 14:44 PM

8 Aug 2016, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2016, 14:44 PMZyswen
:thumbsup:

Wont be adding heavy tanks,sorry.
8 Aug 2016, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2016, 10:12 AMFino

Wont be adding heavy tanks,sorry.
this tank also only prototype, so actually u cant
9 Aug 2016, 03:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2016, 10:49 AMZyswen
this tank also only prototype, so actually u cant

Well,i CAN.But like your said,its a prototype,on top of it being a heavy,so it wouldnt make any sense to add it.
9 Aug 2016, 17:28 PM

Update:
-Adjusted the model of the type 92.It now has two machine guns,as intended.
-Made the civil engineers upgrade instant.This seems to have improved the AI,in that it actually makes konoe squads now.
10 Aug 2016, 17:03 PM

Update:
-Landing crafts can now produce navy versions of all the Japanese army team weapons.
13 Aug 2016, 14:47 PM

Update:
-The Soko Sagyo Ki can now transport one squad.
-The Soko Sagyo Ki's model is now the upgraded 251 one,meaning the flamethrower actually works now.
-The 47mm AT gun can now retreat.
14 Aug 2016, 22:17 PM

Update:
-The paratroopers from ambush tactics are now land paratroopers,as opposed to the naval ones from the naval support doctrine.
-These paratroopers have very accurate rifles,due to high quality sights.They share upgrades with naval paratroopers,but cant retreat.
16 Aug 2016, 19:21 PM

Update:
-Added an upgrade in the tank production building that allows for production of Type 3 Ho-Ni instead of Type 1 Ho-Ni,with added rear armor.
18 Aug 2016, 23:07 PM

Update:
-The ambush camouflage upgrade from ambush tactics now gives infantry squads the ability to enter a toggle state where they are camouflaged,but move at a calculated pace and cant capture points,instead of the previous upgrade.
19 Aug 2016, 23:14 PM

Fino,

I have just spent my evening playing your Japan mod. I found it to be pretty awesome. I would love to do some videos on the mod for my youtube channel. What do you think of that?

As for the mod itself, I'm no expert, but some elements seem pretty out of balance. I think the lack of heavy tanks is NOT a problem, but the anti infantry power you have given the Konoe is pretty earth shattering. Perhaps the AI just plays too easy as even on expert AI, I seem to have no problem taking and holding the map and preventing late game vehicles from even coming out.

If you are cool with me making videos about your mod/playing it, I would be happy to point out any more suggestions I have on the vids

thanks for making this, as I really appreciate the time and effort that has gone into it. As for Relic, well, I hope this gives them some ideas on what the 3rd Axis faction in their game should be ;)

my channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOOaunzXzsiOdvmqcqMO_Eg
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight