Login

russian armor

Japan faction "proposal" with mod.

25 May 2016, 15:32 PM

So since there are a few faction concepts for a couple of factions around in these forums,i figured i might as well post mine.The difference?This one comes with a mod,so that you can see its viability in action.

Link:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=659991363

Demonstration videos(not all tiers and commanders are in the videos yet):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM5Fu_TSfbc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBqJlNGhw10
25 May 2016, 17:29 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Tier 2 team weapons are too expensive. That's all of my input for now.
25 May 2016, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2016, 17:29 PMwouren
Tier 2 team weapons are too expensive. That's all of my input for now.

Thanks for the feedback.If you dont mind,could you please give a bit of feedback as to why you say so?
25 May 2016, 21:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2016, 21:28 PMFino

Thanks for the feedback.If you dont mind,could you please give a bit of feedback as to why you say so?

More expensive than their counterparts in other factions despite coming later.
25 May 2016, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2016, 21:37 PMwouren

More expensive than their counterparts in other factions despite coming later.

Huh,you are right,the HMG and the mortar cost much more than the units they are based on.Wonder how i messed that up.Will fix that.

They shouldnt come later though,Japanese T2 works like Soviet T2.
25 May 2016, 22:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2016, 22:14 PMFino

Huh,you are right,the HMG and the mortar cost much more than the units they are based on.Wonder how i messed that up.Will fix that.

They shouldnt come later though,Japanese T2 works like Soviet T2.
That is an issue then. You only have three tiers of play, all of which are shallow. I think you need more tiers to make it work. If I'm being realistic, you may want to redesign all of yor units as they seem to be a Russian faction with no late game. If you are to make it like that, you need to make all of your weapons less expensive and give them an early edge.
25 May 2016, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2016, 22:40 PMwouren
That is an issue then. You only have three tiers of play, all of which are shallow. I think you need more tiers to make it work. If I'm being realistic, you may want to redesign all of yor units as they seem to be a Russian faction with no late game. If you are to make it like that, you need to make all of your weapons less expensive and give them an early edge.

They are meant to be a no late game faction.
And they should have an early edge.The flamer squads eat infantry alive,and the AT infantry shreds though light vehicles.

What do you mean by shallow though?Little variety?
26 May 2016, 00:45 AM

Well,updated the unit costs.
Turns out i had forgotten to change the team weapon's crews from the placeholder soliders to the cheaper team weapon crew members.
Guess i should have paid more attention to the manpower values when i copied them.

In what regards this post,i added the info about the mountain gun,which i had forgotten.
26 May 2016, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2016, 23:28 PMFino

They are meant to be a no late game faction.
And they should have an early edge.The flamer squads eat infantry alive,and the AT infantry shreds though light vehicles.

What do you mean by shallow though?Little variety?

I mean the faction has no late tech. It can also be destroyed as soon as a medium hits the field and literally needs a doctrine to gain access to repairs. You have a unit that has five flamethrowers. Do you realize whet that means? You basically will always win on maps with important buildings. Your units are overpriced or underpriced from tier 1. Your forward observers basically act as virtually free map hacks, and, in parallel with the underpriced mountain gun, negates all enemy infantry. This is just a faction that will destroy any infantry but loses to the first medium.

To be blatantly honest, I think this needs a rework.
26 May 2016, 19:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2016, 16:49 PMwouren

I mean the faction has no late tech. It can also be destroyed as soon as a medium hits the field and literally needs a doctrine to gain access to repairs. You have a unit that has five flamethrowers. Do you realize whet that means? You basically will always win on maps with important buildings. Your units are overpriced or underpriced from tier 1. Your forward observers basically act as virtually free map hacks, and, in parallel with the underpriced mountain gun, negates all enemy infantry. This is just a faction that will destroy any infantry but loses to the first medium.

To be blatantly honest, I think this needs a rework.

I apreciate the honesty.I take honest negative criticism over positive criticism any day.

But quite frankly,that is the kind of concept for a faction i was going for.From what i know from the Japanese arsenal,their ability to deal with medium tanks and above was lackluster.So,i intended to make them an early game powerhouse,where a player would have to take advantage of an excellent early game if they wanted to survive afterwards.

Nontheless,i would like to go over a few things that you mentioned,if you dont mind.
You mentioned the fact that forward observers are almost free,and that is true,i guess a price and popcap increase is in order.I didnt mention in the original post,but they are limited to one squad.
The AT infantry is quite capable against mediums if well supported.
I dont understand what you mean by no late tech(not in an argument way,in a word way).
Lastly,do you feel like needing a doctrine to repair is that bad?
26 May 2016, 21:14 PM

If you literally can't repair tanks without a doctrine, all tanks become useless. You have a few suicide vehicles that do not need repairs, but the Stuart and ostwind are just a waste of MP if you can't repair them. I should've mentioned this before, but removing retreat isn't really a sensible design choice. I see what you are going for, but it won't work. The concepts of the faction in general destroys the idea of team games as an ostheer player could build AT and keep the unreasonably powerful flamethrower squads relevant through the entire game. Things really start to break down when you realize that your only ATsquad cannot retreat therefore cannot avoid crush mechanics. Your only legitimate form of ATin 1v1would get immediately run over.

Sorry for typos, currently using a borrowed phone.
26 May 2016, 23:43 PM

Yeah,i guess the T3 tanks do feel lackluster without the possibility of repairs.
I have a plan to fix this,as well as make the base squad actually worth fielding and not take away the bonus from the doctrines that call-in civilian engineers.
Wont update the mod until tommorow though,in the meanwhile,do you belive that limiting the flamer squads to a single one,like heavies and the like,would remove their OP factor while still retaining their value?
27 May 2016, 00:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2016, 23:43 PMFino

Do you belive that limiting the flamer squads to a single one,like heavies and the like,would remove their OP factor while still retaining their value?

You would have to change the cost of the squad. The general idea of non-sturmpio engineers being better equipped for combat than the base squad was probably not the best plan. You could change the squad size to four and give them 2 (russian) flamethrowers for 100 munitions.
27 May 2016, 00:55 AM

I think the most productive use of your time may be studying the other factions.

I suggest you watch ESL replays to get a general feel of how faction tech works. Propogandacast has some 2v2 casts that can be used to improve team game balance.

Otherwise I'm just micromanaging your decision-making and that's probably not going to be very satisfying for you.
27 May 2016, 01:50 AM

I dont mean any offense by this,but you are not in any way micromanaging my decision-making.
You are giving me advice which i may or not take(and both cases happened already),which considering how you are obviously much more familiar with CoH2 than i am,is indeed satisfying.
27 May 2016, 22:01 PM

Update:
-Japanese players now start with a squad of civil engineers instead of a flamer engineer squad.They cant produce more,or replace it if lost,without having the respective doctrines.
-Buffed the health of civil engineers.They are still more fragile than any other unit.
-Removed the one squad limit from the civil engineer call-in.
-Added a one squad limit to flamer squads.
-Buffed the damage and penetration of the type 88 AA gun.
-Nerfed the firing frequency of the type 88 AA gun.
-The type 88 AA gun can no longer burst fire.
-The type 88 AA gun can no longer hold a squad.Find your own cover you lazy troops.
-Forward observers now cost 200mp.

Fixing OP later.
28 May 2016, 20:32 PM

Update:
-Mainline infantry squads and paratroopers can now upgrade with lmgs.These have the same damage and penetration as their rifles.The paratroopers upgrade can be done outside territory.
-Made the CP requirement for the type 88 AA/AT gun the same as the the dual gun emplacement(5 CP).
-Made the bayonet range in the arisaka rifle 3 instead of 1.Also increased accuracy in such range to 2.
-Added the model of the 223 to the type 92 recon car.
28 May 2016, 20:48 PM

28 May 2016, 22:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2016, 20:48 PMwouren
Why two threads?

Do you mean the one in the modding subforum?That was there for a while before this one.I figured that since people make faction and doctrine proposals in here,i might as well show mine.
I both updated,wouldnt make sense to ditch the other one.
2 Jun 2016, 06:00 AM

Update:
-Paratroopers can now upgrade to AT rifles.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★