Login

russian armor

Japan faction "proposal" with mod.

6 Jun 2016, 05:13 AM

Update:
-Infantry squads no longer have the reverse move button from vehicles.
-Infantry squads can now use a times 5 AT grenade,costing 5 times more,but doing 5 times the impact.
-Fixed team weapon crews tossing grenades.
7 Jun 2016, 05:34 AM

Update:
-AT mines can now be stacked 2 times,doubling damage and cost.
-AT grenades stack 2 times instead of 5 times now.
8 Jun 2016, 08:47 AM

Update:
-Made some German bulletins affect Japanese units and the like.
-Changed the base bunkers to have japanese crew and HMG inside.
-Japanese vehicles now have a Japanese crew,visually speaking.
-Changed the look of the Japanese soldier.
-Civil engineers can now apply hull down camouflage.
10 Jun 2016, 11:00 AM

Update:
-Forward observers can now call-in light naval artillery and strafing runs.
-Moved the Ta-Se to the secret weapons doctrine.
-Added the Ho-Ki AA.
24 Jun 2016, 21:45 PM

Update:
-To adress the issue of Japan previously not having non-doctrinal mine detection,Konoe squads can now get an utility upgrade,with one LMG,one Rocket Launcher,and a mine-sweeper.
-To adress the issue of Japan previously not having tank destroyers,and few non-doctrinal T3 units,added the Ho-Ni,with similar stats and role to the SU-76,but with better front armor and not as much speed.No infantry tracking.Unlocks artillery ability at vet 1.
-Moved Banzai hotkey to B,as it makes much more sense there.
25 Jun 2016, 14:12 PM

Update:
-Started adding custom unit portraits.So far,all infantry but civil engineers,the ha-go,the chi-nu,the ho-ni and the type 95 recon car have recieved these portraits.
-The type 97 mortar now gets increased range with every level of veterancy,but no other bonuses.
-All Japanese team weapons can now use the ambush camouflage upgrade from the ambush tactics doctrine.
-Changed the model of the AT rifle.

-Removed a unit from the HQ that wasnt meant to be there.
25 Jun 2016, 17:08 PM

Honestly I think this is the best option for those who want the faction, its better suited for a mod.

Great work
27 Jun 2016, 15:30 PM

Update:
-Added naval units.STILL IN TESTING STAGES.For now they are just static vehicles that can be built only on water,build them with the new nameless unit in hq.

-Battlefield was too silent.Japanese infantry units now have German voice lines(better than nothing eh?) instead of having none.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2016, 17:08 PMGenObi
Honestly I think this is the best option for those who want the faction, its better suited for a mod.

Great work

Thanks for the support.
27 Jun 2016, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2016, 15:30 PMFino
Update:

[...]

-Battlefield was too silent.Japanese infantry units now have German voice lines(better than nothing eh?) instead of having none.

Just cut some voice lines from any anime series. :D
27 Jun 2016, 16:17 PM

Just cut some voice lines from any anime series. :D

I would,Norio Wakamoto would make an excellent announcer guy,if only sounds could be added to the game :(
27 Jun 2016, 16:20 PM

with Japs faction look-a-like i'd go like this:
(faction mix of ostheer, soviets and OKW)

HQ: Engies (standard 4 man, rifles), Rifles (5 man, rifles, some nade, AT nade, upgrade with LMG or SMG)
T1: MG, mortar and sniper
T2: light AT gun (37mm i think), AT rifles squad (some 5 man with semi-auto AT rifle) and some 222 alike vehicle but with no 20mm cannon but with MG's (forgot it's name)
T3: some mix of light tank, tank destroyers, HT's and early med tank - light tank like Ha-Go, TD like Ho-I (like SU-76 but with better penetration) med tank like Chi-Ha
T4: since brits got Comet that never fought in WW2 then why not give somethink better to japs - some standard med - Chi-Nu, heavy like Chi-To. some arty stuff, so SPG or rocket SPG, maybe SNLF squad

call-ins and other stuff: 150mm mortar, 75mm flak (similar to flak88 but with worse gun) flame tank (with 5 flamers around it), some SPG's or other arty types, Ha-To (which is like Sturmtiger on halftrack), some elite infantry

Japanese faction would be tbh the most interesting army in terms of combined arms, firepower and flexibility
30 Jun 2016, 14:38 PM

Update:
-The Ho-Ni can now ram.
-The landing crafts can now longer make AT guns and mountain guns,due to it bugging up.
-All weapon teams(except the 120mm mortar,as i am considering removing it) now have portraits.
-Changed the armor of the Ho-Ki from 160 to 60,and the rear armor from 80 to 50.
-Increased the speed of the Ho-Ki from 4,6 to 6,3.And its acceleration from 1,5 to 2,3
1 Jul 2016, 19:15 PM

Naval Update:
-AA boats can no longer spawn troops.
-Landing crafts can now move.
-Landing crafts can now actually land,but cant go back into the water afterwards.
-Landing crafts now have an actual boat model.
-Troops can no longer shoot from the inside of a landing craft.
-Gunships are now based on the mortar halftrack instead of the katyusha.STILL WORK IN PROGRESS
1 Jul 2016, 19:32 PM

i can only hope that lelic will expand the mod support, looking good atm..
2 Jul 2016, 08:45 AM

i can only hope that lelic will expand the mod support, looking good atm..

Thanks for the support.I would also like more mod support,especially for the models.
6 Jul 2016, 06:45 AM

Update:
-Replaced the D3A1 dive bomb ability in naval support doctrine with the kamikaze ability from defensive tactics.
-Kamikaze ability now sends a 50kg bomb before the plane itself.
-Replaced the kamikaze ability in defensive tactics with ceramic grenades,stun grenades for konoe squads.
-Civil engineers can now recive an upgrade that stops them from repairing stuff,but equips them with very inneficient rifles,with less range and accuracy than the konoe squad's rifle,a variable lenght reload,but good damage,and makes them able to merge.
9 Jul 2016, 15:56 PM

Update:
-Civil volunteers can now throw ceramic grenades if the respective upgrade from defensive tactics is active.
-Civil voulnteers can now merge.
12 Jul 2016, 15:01 PM

Update:
-Reworked the mountain gun,as it previously had no advantages compared to the mortar.The mountain gun can now switch between four types of ammunition:HE,AP,flares and incendiary.

Ugh...i guess an update to the OP is long due,i'll get to it later.
14 Jul 2016, 14:52 PM

Update:
-The type 2 amphibious vehicle can now be built by the port engineer if its respecive cotrinal upgrade has been resarched.STILL IN TESTING,ITS MOVES RANDOMLY AFTER GETTING OUT OF THE WATER AND ITS ABILITIES DONT WORK
-The Type 2 Ka-Mi gun actually turns now.
-Replaced the flare rounds of the mountain gun with a,still in testing,chemical round.
-The mountain gun cannot use tracking ability now.
17 Jul 2016, 21:27 PM

Update:
-The AA ship can now only target aircraft,but its much cheaper.
-Seeing as the mortar based version of the gunship was ridiculously overpowered,it was replaced with a flak halftrack version.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★