Login

russian armor

Petition to revert crushing change

PAGES (9)down
21 May 2016, 01:09 AM

Units shouldn't need a cheezy tactic to be viable. It was never even intended to be as big a part of the game as it is. If it was any other mechanic that was wiping squads in seconds there would be a unanimous call to remove it. But just because it was never dealt with in coh1 players got too used to it.

I say good riddance, the community should have been weened off this stupid machanic years ago.
21 May 2016, 01:10 AM

Units shouldn't need a cheezy tactic to be viable. It was never even intended to be as big a part of the game as it is. If it was any other mechanic that was wiping squads in seconds there would be a unanimous call to remove it. But just because it was never dealt with in coh1 players got too used to it.

I say good riddance, the community should have been weened off this stupid machanic years ago.

I agree with this ^^
21 May 2016, 01:30 AM

Infantry should totally chase away tanks across entire map, not the other way around like it was in 2013. Coz cheezy tactics, which could ruin blobbing, overextension, and punish bad play, you know.

If only there was possibility to nerf one single unit which is not supposed to crush, yet alone fight infantry, instead of changing perfectly fine game mechanic which was there since forever. Change it stats or smth. if only such advanced technology existed. A man can dream...
21 May 2016, 01:47 AM

Bulldozing 3 full health units should be a thing of the past.
21 May 2016, 01:57 AM

#makecoh2culturegreatagain
21 May 2016, 01:59 AM

infantry > Tanks
21 May 2016, 02:01 AM

+1 exactly right and I would vote NO for the pole if there was an option but apparently the OP is so full of himself and thinks hes right that he didnt even make it an option, makes you wonder why he made a thread for a discussion in the first place.
21 May 2016, 02:01 AM

Whoops double post
21 May 2016, 02:20 AM

Crushing leads to stupid cheese game-play. I'm happy to see it removed. If it was to be re-implemented, you'd have to standardize the mechanic so that vehicles crush according to their size or speed, not what faction they belong to.
21 May 2016, 02:21 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

id vote no, see if it breaks the game. if it doesnt break the game, keep it no. nice poll....
21 May 2016, 02:21 AM

Yep. It's interesting window dressing, but should not be so integral that the game is balanced around it. I won't miss it on mediums.
21 May 2016, 02:26 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 00:44 AMSierra
Why revert the change?

Axis mediums weren't ever very good at crushing, only really Allied tanks were. This puts both sides on the same ground.

Use blitz, then Axis tanks are good at crushing.
Or suppress squads with an hmg and crush them EZ.
21 May 2016, 02:32 AM

Biased pole, there is no 'no' option Kappa.

Will vote no every time.
21 May 2016, 02:36 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The thing that's nice about crushing is that it is an incredibly predictable way to deal with infantry, and has clear counters. You don't want to go buffing tank guns to deal with infantry better because that just adds more rng wipe potential. When a tank goes for a crush you can see how it is going to go, and you can decide whether to retreat or try to stay in and fight the tank. Getting up to point blank range make the tank very vulnerable to snares or AT infantry.

There is clear counterplay here. You can bait the crush into some great ambushes and if your infantry is ever significantly threatened, just instantly retreat. Crushing only punishes blobs and carelessness. It adds an interesting gameplay dynamic to tank usage that will be gone without it. Without crush you will only see tanks kiting and trying to rng wipe with the cannon at max range. Boring. Crushing is the perfect example of interesting gameplay that requires skill to utilize, and only punishes bad players. The game should not be changed to take out strategic depth and lower the skill ceiling.
21 May 2016, 02:44 AM

Thanks for explaining your reasoning. That helps understanding why some people like it. What do you think about those specific, questionable units though, namely the Cromwell and M10?
21 May 2016, 03:01 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

the thread is called petition to revert

so the fact that someofya, dont like crushing is actually irrelevant to the thread. Petitions dont actually have no options.

nor should you go out of your way to say "I dont like this petition, so im not going to sign it"

just dont sign it

edit i added a no option, babies
21 May 2016, 03:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I would be interested by the demographic of who are the people who want crush removed and those who wants to keep the current status quo.

Wild guess is that high rank/people who knows how to crush/good micro to press retreat are on one group :P

Valentine could see crush removed, M10/Cromwell could see crush reduced to T34/PIV levels.
21 May 2016, 03:42 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Thanks for explaining your reasoning. That helps understanding why some people like it. What do you think about those specific, questionable units though, namely the Cromwell and M10?

Both are obviously overperforming. If you reduce the rotation rate to match sherman standards it solves the problem entirely. In my opinion the size nerf for the cromwell was a bit much, I think it should be at size 21 but I would up the price a little.
21 May 2016, 03:57 AM

What is all this nonsense from some of you that crushing is micro intensive and requires skill? Are you mad? One of the easiest things in the game to pull off. Just turn into infantry. All you have to do... Very little skill required and certainly not intensive micro.

Solution would be to have equality across factions and mediums by having some kind of bracket range of rotation rates that give same level of infantry crush. So Cromwell can keep its rotation rate but they meet same threshold as other mediums for specific capacity for infantry crushing, rather that it being a linear scale.
21 May 2016, 03:59 AM
Donator 11

There are for sure better ways to address the issues with crush. Changing max speed alone is a starter as I'm almost positive this is driven by the Cromwell.

Changes to infantry spacing, turn radius, even having a toggle for the main gun to run over inf could be an option. The addition of of a Snare on OKW means you cant just run through the blob and not get stuck, its going to happen.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS